Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #85
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF75645 View Post
A few of you stated that you have a RX catch can and are very happy with it. Awesome. But Ive never seen a vendor of any kind refuse to take your money for a product. Its when the product breaks and you want it(money) back is when the problem starts.
I agree with you. Just from reading the 100 plus comments here, time after time, you keep hearing that RX was great and went above and beyond to fix any and all problems. Outstanding customer service, those that had an issue have all stated it was remedied and handled in a satisfactory manner. Some have even been past the warranty when an issue arose and RX took good care of them. 100% customer satisfaction is never possible. I've seen lottery winners on the news complain about winning millions!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #86
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Sometimes people just have bad days. We are human it happens.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #87
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I agree with you. Just from reading the 100 plus comments here, time after time, you keep hearing that RX was great and went above and beyond to fix any and all problems. Outstanding customer service, those that had an issue have all stated it was remedied and handled in a satisfactory manner. Some have even been past the warranty when an issue arose and RX took good care of them. 100% customer satisfaction is never possible. I've seen lottery winners on the news complain about winning millions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
Sometimes people just have bad days. We are human it happens.

I agree ith you both! Unfortunatley, with all our technology and open forums nothing we say is sacred anymore, even when the conversation is suppose to be between two individuals. It's easier to get support by airing our your laundy in an open forum than acting like adults and rectifying the situation amongs themselves!

Like it was said, we are all human and we make mistakes. I believe this thread should have not made it to this point.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #88
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Your story is nice Tracy, but you don't ever call a customer a dick. Ever. You didn't lose my business because of the thing with the can, you lost it because of the way you treated him. Look at that thread with The Chuck Nash dealer. Nutro is DESTROYING their reputation, but they didn't call him a dick or insult him.
Yes you are correct. I let my emotions get the better of me....I was unhappy AFTER offering all I did to see your post complaing still. Yes, that got under my skin....I had worked 7am-11:30PM on Friday (Nick Battle can attest to that as he had a good trip home in his twin turbo).

I then worked 7 am-6pm Sat to try and get more caught up, then was back in at 5AM Sunday (Fathers day, I am near 60 and a Grandfather....I work 12-16 hours a day 7 days a week trying to get caught up and get these products out to the customers, no one likes to wait as long as this for anything & I certainly would not)...and I try as best I can, but stuff happens. Yet I still always do the best to make it right....but that was not good enough even out of warranty so yes, I was out of line calling him a dick. Not professional. And on canceling, were sorry, but that moves another to the top quicker. In the past 10 months, we have turned away probably 30-40 plus dealer & distributer inquiries wanting to offer our cans, but we have told each we cannot meet demand now, and even though we would love to it would only make the wait times longer. That is app $1mil of new business we had to turn down and who knows what it would have led to. We can't make them any faster and keep quality acceptable. We don't want to outsource these to be made cheaply...we want to keep it 100% "made in the USA", and made in house here, where we can monitor control better. On the AN fitting cans, we first were boding the center fitting to the center barb with industrial epoxy (same we and most have used in intake design changes and porting forever) but after seeing some break the epoxy bond when tighting/loosening the fittings we changed to cutting threads (did not raise the price even though it added another app $10-12 to the production cost) on both the inlet barb and machining a AN barb special (they don't come from any supplier like we need) so this has solved those few failures (app 4-5 period....and we have over 12,000 in use). We do this with all products as we see an area we could improve, we do it. Improving is an ongoing process with all our products, and should be with all manufacturers IMHO.

So I am sorry I lost your business, but what I have to learn is I can't please everyone and have to quit trying to. There are only so many hours in the day.

Also, most know that a small group here (bucky) do follow in most every post/thread and try and cause all the trouble they can. I will post the links if any want to see as he has not been very truthful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdamon View Post
As Bugs Bunny used to say "Let's not start splitting hares". Either way that is not a professional response to a customer complaint and that is where the line is crossed.
I'm in the market for a catch can and I'm glad to see that RX goes the extra mile(s) to satisfy the customer. Still, looks like some customer relations training might be appropriate.
Thx, I am human, and no, I was wrong in calling the OP a dick....but bucky on the other hand has asked for it constantly...and for months I have tried to ignore him but he wont let up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Why is everyone trashing the vendor here. Most places wouldn't even talk to you about an out of warranty other than to offer to sell you a new one. Looks to me like the OP broke it, it's out of warranty and now he's expecting the Vendor to correct it and the vendor offered to.

I would buy from this company.
Again thx....I am doing my best and am the first to acknowledge I am not perfect....but the effort, especially with what I have to deal with from the small group that (just read this thread and see the few that pop in all attacking or stirring up drama...and they seem to be the same ones always giving props to the 2 vendors that stoop as low as possible to hurt us to further their own profits) are always attacking and PM'ng the hatefull stuff to customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
That's bad!! I think I should/can/will take back my statement..
I think if you were me you would fell differently....click on his user name, find more posts, and then see how often he is in slamming me everywhere he can....it is against forum rules...the same ones I am held to and have to follow. Just because I have tried to ignore him all these months and not reported him should show the self control (that I lost calling the OP a dick and apologize for) I have used till now. The purpose of a forum like this is to bring enthusiasts together to share, learn, and vendors to pay to support the costs of running a forum like this so the members do not have to pay. So when there are no rules, chaos ensues. You cannot target one vendor/member and constantly follow them attacking and causing trouble. If it was you being attacked constantly by one or two I am sure you may look at it differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCracker View Post
Honestly I completely agree when warranty's are up they are up.. and also it's cool they ATTEMPTED to fix the problem still..

BUT.. The real issue here is you never talk to a customer that way. EVER. I understand not kissing ass, but what Tracy said was completely out of line. And the buck teeth thing?? Come on.. Grow the hell up. If you want to be respected as a business and an employee you need to learn how to respect your customer's. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

EDIT: Also a public forum is probably not the best place to lose your cool. Especially where your other and future customers are.
100% correct. I lost my cool...work yourself to the point of exhaustion I do and you can make mistakes and lose your cool. Still does not make it acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
He won't. My guess is he petitions the mods to take action against us (for what, I don't know), the thread will be removed soon. Its happened more times than I can count and we've lost many valuable members as a result.

He does have a record (years long) of threatening legal action when cornered, but he has no leg to stand on because truth is an ABSOLUTE defense in defamation cases. Seeing as nothing has been said that wasn't fact with photographic evidence, there's no case. Not to mention it would cost him far more in legal fees than it would to just make it right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
And you do have trouble with the truth....I can list all the links here....you are always in any mention of RX with a jab or a comment intended to stir up trouble. You have a definite pattern and yes, you go out of your way to cause harm to my ability to make a living when I am doing nothing to you is heartless, cold, and shows no class. I have ignored you the best I am able, but no longer. Try and control yourself to what concerns you and keep this forum a positive place....not dragging it into the mud with what you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FY_Ivan View Post
Tracy if you're still reading this, I congratulate you for not posting anything after your first post. Probably could have done without it, but for the love of god do not respond to anyone on here. I see no benefit
It has been very hard.....but I figured just stay off the forum (sorry for those that are used to me being there to give advice and help out) and work in the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
Some of his words show a lack of . I can feel for him though that sometimes customers can be unreasonable (not saying the op was). I have mixed feelings about tracy for sure, seems like a decent, honest guy but when I googled Tracy Lewis rx some interesting things came up (involving the super chiller, etc.) Obviously threads like this can destroy a business, but how the situation is handled can change that.
Thx. I was out of line....freely admit it. Emotions got the best of me with the lack of sleep doing all I can do meet orders. And the point of destroying a business....that is what the real issue is here. The few that will do anything to tear one down to further another....or have no heart or soul as to what we put into all this. Started w/out a dime and have yet to take a paycheck so I can put every dime back into this to buy more materials to make more cans, etc. and buy more equipment to try and get production up and builds out. Our core employees here are every bit as dedicated as well and anyone who has been here in person has seen them stay and work a 12 plus hour day w/out being asked to get projects done and out. If the techs make a mistake, I cover for them....eat the cost to make right, and move on. The ones that have been problems we let go. (And STILL pay to fix their screw-ups and make all right).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob21sf View Post
I agree ith you both! Unfortunatley, with all our technology and open forums nothing we say is sacred anymore, even when the conversation is suppose to be between two individuals. It's easier to get support by airing our your laundy in an open forum than acting like adults and rectifying the situation amongs themselves!

Like it was said, we are all human and we make mistakes. I believe this thread should have not made it to this point.
Thx....the internet is a double edged sword. It drives business and is a great way to share info....but it is also like the commercial where "I read it on the internet, it has to be true".

Anyone can make up anything and post it and some will take it at face value never checking . One poster in this thread has lied time and again, and wont let up with his attacks (far worse than bucky) and even the people he has quoted as fact have contacted him and told him he was untruthful, yet here he is again jumping in to back stab some more...and oh, he is one of the nut swingers from the 2 ethic less vendors that seem to think tearing down a competitor is the only way they can succeed and not by just doing good work (which they do and have the skills to do well w/out these tactics) and build their business on their strengths. Click on the worst haters here screen name, "find more posts", and follow their other threads/posts to see.....the trail does not lead far and is crystal clear. These vendors have been warned they cannot post any more attacks, so they use their customers to do so....and that is no different.

In closing, Apex is referenced here several times and I agree....one of the best period. And we are in contact with then dozens of times a day on average.

The Elite can. I make not a dime in endorsing a direct competitor...actually loose a ton of sales by acknowledging any competitors products that are great (anyone give an example of another doing this?) ....but we buy every competing product we can, test them, and dissect them. If it is good, we report our findings. Bad business? Maybe for the ones with no ethics, but why not give credit where it is due?

No can to date equals the RX can in its ability to separate and trap all, or nearly all detectable oil...but some come close and we give them props. Same with the other competitors (even those few that attack non stop and call us every name in the book) that have good products we compete directly with as the market is huge. The end user wins when their are more choices. It drives down costs. It forces all to strive to constantly improve and make their offerings better. And who wins more than any other? The consumer/end user. So for those that seem to be dead set on destroying us.....the consumer looses. You may feel some perverse satisfaction, but everyone else but who YOU want to see the only choice looses. And that you have no heart/soul/ethics, or conscience.

And read this threads title and you would think we were a HPS story or the "turbonator", etc. snake oil crap company....but in reading, it is an isolated customer we have bent over backwards to make happy and still decides he wants to harm and damage us in return...even AFTER we offered all we did a year after the warranty. This is what makes the open forums hard. Anyone with the motivation to damage, harm, cause hurt and financial lose to another can do so and some (a very few) do just that. Turn it into a "burn them at the stake" mob mentality and again, for what reason? They though they could bully the vendor into more free, or special exceptions, or outright extortion. And that should never be allowed.

Now if a vendor is actually "ripping people off", then by all means, let the world know. But most here causing the drama/problems are just "puppets" manipulated by a competitor...and that is what I want those reading to look at and see how easy it is (look in their sig, build threads, etc. to see who they are partnered with in the "witch hunt") to do a few clicks and see the motivation to harm.

Last edited by SC2150; 06-17-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #89
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I'd like to see the links to YOUR threads. Like i said, I went through the max history they keep here, the past 500 posts and couldn't find a single one in one of YOUR threads. That's not to say they don't exist or I don't remember. You can probably find something if you dig long enough. I'd still like to see them so I could know what I did that was so bad to draw that amount of ire from you towards a customer.

I honestly had no problem with you or your products until the past few months, beginning with the top mount and 'new' entry level SC, the timelines of which are covered in the history I checked.

I call it like I see it in the lounge and other discussion threads whether it be you, any other vendor or any other regular member. That's the entire point of public forums- discussion.

I've seen and heard enough first hand and through my friends here and other forums that I will always encourage people to look elsewhere when RX is brought up. That's not interfering with anything as long as I'm not jumping in YOUR SALE THREADS that you pay for and bash your products for no reason. I'm allowed to post my opinion on discussion threads and no other vendor has ever resorted to the tactics you do time and time again. Hell, I gave AAC a MUCH harder time and they barely brought up my teeth at all.

The only place you have special privileges is in the vendor marketplace. Everywhere else you're just a member, same as us and your products and business are open for discussion.

Anyway, thanks for the new nickname, and I'm glad you got off unscathed again. You have more lives than a cat.

-Bucky

Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #90
camarohwk23
Camaro5line

Drives: 2012 Synergy Series 2SS/RS
I was refraining from posting on this, but it amazes me how you could apologize for calling one of your customer's a "dick", yet still find it OK to make fun of an others physical appearance by calling him "bucky".
You even apologized and stated you lost your cool and should not have been name calling and then go on to talk about "Bucky." I get that you feel that he may be attacking you, but you are still a vendor and need to remember that not everyone will always like your product. It's just part of the business.
I'm sorry but that just doesn't fly and now I am glad I bought my catch can from another vendor.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #91
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Tracy has always gone above and beyond when I either bought something or needed something. In fact, he is the person who got me on the road to figuring out what the gremlin was that was plaguing my car that ultimately led me to fixing it.

In my opinion, who cares about name calling? My profession (cop) is no more special than anyone elses but if I got upset or pointed out the fact every time I was called a name, I would be in 24 hour counseling. It may reflect poorly but in the end, if you don't like it, don't do business with Tracy.

As for me, I will continue to put Tracy on my short list of go to people. One incident should not crumble his reputation but too many will read this thread and decide it does in their eyes.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #92
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
So this is all Bucky's (not his name) fault. LOL
Apparently. Can't wait to see these links to his sale threads I interfered in. I honestly couldn't find one post , good, bad or otherwise.

Not to say it never happened, I just can't remember or find them. I'm as excited to see as you guys are!

Some might say I'm CHOMPING at the bit (bad news for the bit with my chompers)

Old 06-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #93
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
People needs to quit stirring the pot.
Look here... nothing stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohwk23 View Post
I was refraining from posting on this, but it amazes me how you could apologize for calling one of your customer's a "dick", yet still find it OK to make fun of an others physical appearance by calling him "bucky".
You even apologized and stated you lost your cool and should not have been name calling and then go on to talk about "Bucky." I get that you feel that he may be attacking you, but you are still a vendor and need to remember that not everyone will always like your product. It's just part of the business.
I'm sorry but that just doesn't fly and now I am glad I bought my catch can from another vendor.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #94
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Wow, I am not the one who apologizes and at the same time does it again. Quote Overworked Tracy with your cute graphic.... you'd be more accurate.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #95
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Apparently. Can't wait to see these links to his sale threads I interfered in. I honestly couldn't find one post , good, bad or otherwise.

Not to say it never happened, I just can't remember or find them. I'm as excited to see as you guys are!

Some might say I'm CHOMPING at the bit (bad news for the bit with my chompers)

With all due respect, you can't see those post that you are reffering too because the ADMIN deleted them from those threads. How I know this is, I replied to your allegations and comments pertaining to the subjects and my replies were also deleted since it was in response to your posted comments. Nothing against you, don't know you from squat but they were there!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #96
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
With all due respect, you can't see those post that you are reffering too because the ADMIN deleted them from those threads. How I know this is, I replied to your allegations and comments pertaining to the subjects and my replies were also deleted since it was in response to your posted comments. Nothing against you, don't know you from squat but they were there!
In a sale thread? I know I've posted in his discussion threads and other threads where Tracy inserts unsolicited advertisements.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #97
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Not true, he actually has zero posts in the threads where your posts were deleted.

It also seems to me that this thread has pretty much run it's course.
Time for everyone to kiss and make up.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #98
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS

Closed Thread