Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
Dexter9522

Drives: SS
Az camaro tuner

The more and more I'm on the is forum the faster and faster I think my warranty will expire. Too many awesome builds and parts to pass up on. Deciding on long tubes right now and will probably go with pfadt and in the near future a cam. I see a lot of shops getting talked about regularly like lethal racing and their cams but what does Arizona have. I had an evo8 before so familiar with few of the import shops but does anyone know a shop that does great work and can really dyno tune these cars and pull some great numbers.
Dexter9522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
I'm also interested in where to get a tune, Tucson is about a two hour drive and Phoenix is a looooooooooong drive.

I've ordered Pfadt headers and will order a CAI in the next day or two. While a cam/heads swap is on the list, a stroker kit will probably happen first.

It would be nice to know of a quality shop in the Tucson area, otherwise a trip to Albuquerque would be better for me.
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
Dexter9522

I've thought about doing a trip to one of the shops in Texas as I have family I can visit while the car is getting worked on but would be awesome to find a good one close. I keep adding headers and change my mind right at checkout but the pfadt are probably what I will go with as well. What intake are you going to do. I have a kn but am going to switch to ADM race setup. I'm not sure about Tucson either lived here almost my whole life and only been down there about 4 times.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
We are the local camaro 5 vendor so if you have any questions please stop in sometime, pm, email, or call us
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Joe and CPR
Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS
xquest91x

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS
Sweet I have the same question a while back, I live in Yuma, AZ so it's about 3-4hrs away but I "NEED" a tune, look at my sig for my current mods. Anyway CPR can give me a quote on a dyno tune or pm me with some help?
H/C + Bolt-ons + Tune •485RWHP/435RWTQ•
Full BMR Stage 2&3 Suspension
3.91 1LE Gear Diff Swap
MGW Short Throw Shifter
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

PM sent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
Dexter9522

Hey 45th do you have a cel. How it run untuned?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
We are the local camaro 5 vendor so if you have any questions please stop in sometime, pm, email, or call us
Hey Joe, did you get my PM I sent last week? I need to get retuned since I was tuned on 93, and the car knocks pretty good now. Do you have any clearings in the near future? Maybe Monday?

Adam
Old 07-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #10
SSeniorMoment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter9522 View Post
I've thought about doing a trip to one of the shops in Texas as I have family I can visit while the car is getting worked on but would be awesome to find a good one close. I keep adding headers and change my mind right at checkout but the pfadt are probably what I will go with as well. What intake are you going to do. I have a kn but am going to switch to ADM race setup. I'm not sure about Tucson either lived here almost my whole life and only been down there about 4 times.
I'm thinking CAI brand, not sure about the ADM scoop, but I need to make some phone calls before ordering. The Pfadt headers haven't arrived yet, really looking forward to open the box.

I have kids and grandkids in Texas too, that would be a doable trip. I'm not seeing any Arizona websites that advertise the mods I'm planning, and Phoenix is a long, boring drive for a tune.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #11
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS
xquest91x

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter9522 View Post
Hey 45th do you have a cel. How it run untuned?
Ya after a while it turned on, I have flash it a few times but it just comes back on so I just leave it alone now, but ya I can tell I need a tune cause it idle alil lean and there's a lil hesitant. But nothing to really worry, car still runs fine an you will notice a huge difference in performance like the pull and how fast it climbs, and of course the monster sound you get when u rev it or driving when I get a chance I'll head to CPR for a tune since they are the closest and heard some good reviews
H/C + Bolt-ons + Tune •485RWHP/435RWTQ•
Full BMR Stage 2&3 Suspension
3.91 1LE Gear Diff Swap
MGW Short Throw Shifter
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #12
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Hey Joe, did you get my PM I sent last week? I need to get retuned since I was tuned on 93, and the car knocks pretty good now. Do you have any clearings in the near future? Maybe Monday?

Adam
wow i don't know how i missed that! replied back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
I'm thinking CAI brand, not sure about the ADM scoop, but I need to make some phone calls before ordering. The Pfadt headers haven't arrived yet, really looking forward to open the box.

I have kids and grandkids in Texas too, that would be a doable trip. I'm not seeing any Arizona websites that advertise the mods I'm planning, and Phoenix is a long, boring drive for a tune.
We carry all of the big brands for whatever you want. Give me a call and I will answer any questions you have! 480-359-5914

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCAMARO 2SS/RS View Post
Ya after a while it turned on, I have flash it a few times but it just comes back on so I just leave it alone now, but ya I can tell I need a tune cause it idle alil lean and there's a lil hesitant. But nothing to really worry, car still runs fine an you will notice a huge difference in performance like the pull and how fast it climbs, and of course the monster sound you get when u rev it or driving when I get a chance I'll head to CPR for a tune since they are the closest and heard some good reviews
Thank you!!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
SSeniorMoment

Okay, got your # on my DROID.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post

I have the CAI cold air and it works great. You wont regret it. Id go ahead and get tuned by CPR if I were you. I just moved here from Texas and I have to get retuned because of the difference in 93 to 91 gas. You need to get tuned on the gas youre gonna be running or youll be knocking. Trust me....and the drive to Texas is even longer and more boring than the drive to Phoenix!!