Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #15
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
Cool! But another question. In the video the halos do the heartbeat with the grill. Can the halo's be set to a) a different color other than the grill and b)can the halos stay static with the grill breathes? I guess what I'm asking is Can different strips be on seperate channels and be programmed to do different things and have different colors?
Like can I have the grill do a gold heartbeat The halos set to static red and the engine bay set to red but strobing?
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 RJT View Post
Cool! But another question. In the video the halos do the heartbeat with the grill. Can the halo's be set to a) a different color other than the grill and b)can the halos stay static with the grill breathes? I guess what I'm asking is Can different strips be on seperate channels and be programmed to do different things and have different colors?
Like can I have the grill do a gold heartbeat The halos set to static red and the engine bay set to red but strobing?
Yes to all of your questions. Pretty flexible, huh? That is why I showed the undercarriage doing random colors, the halos and the grill running a heartbeat, and the driving lights / turn lights strobing at the same time, and then in a different segment having one halo heartbeat green, while the other one and the grill doing it in red.

Each light is assigned to a "channel". You give that channel a name, such as "Halo-L". When you create a program, you assign one or more channels to it. You can run multiple programs at the same time.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Wooooooooooo hoooooo! Great to hear, Joe! Please keep me in the loop.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
Excellent! Been looking a long time for something like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
Yes to all of your questions. Pretty flexible, huh? That is why I showed the undercarriage doing random colors, the halos and the grill running a heartbeat, and the driving lights / turn lights strobing at the same time, and then in a different segment having one halo heartbeat green, while the other one and the grill doing it in red.

Each light is assigned to a "channel". You give that channel a name, such as "Halo-L". When you create a program, you assign one or more channels to it. You can run multiple programs at the same time.
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #19
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Very Nice!! Lots of Cool options.

Wonder what the time frame on switching current lighting system over to these modules.

Is it possible to use current Emblem Pro switches below to control on/off function of lights. Currently my RGB boxes stay on, but when entering car I flip switches on/off and use remote to change color. I find this to be quick while also knowing which lights are in use by the switch light.

I would be interested in hearing what you would recommend with this setup.

Here is my current setup below

Last edited by CamaroI; 03-20-2013 at 02:24 AM.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #20
RedRocketSS
BSHU

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel SS
Now i dont have any halos or anything on my car yet but this is bad@$$ for sure!! nice system.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #21
OfficiallyTook

Drives: 2010 LLT victory red
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Very Nice!! Lots of Cool options.

Wonder what the time frame is on switching current lighting over to these modules.

Would it be possible to still use current Emblem Pro switches to control on/off function of lights. My control boxes currently always stay on, but when entering car I flip which switches to be on/off and use remote for changing of color. I find this to be quick while also knowing which lights are on by the switch light glow.

Would be interested in hearing what you would recommend with that setup.

Just a small amount in my setup

Can u pm me on where I can get that set up?

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
OfficiallyTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #22
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
what is required for this system? would you need a different module for the rgb controller? or could some one just change the frequency to get it too work?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #23
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
I would love the entire setup shown in the first and second video. I wish you would have a set ready for the big show in texas coming up mid month next month I'd love to have it installed. PM me if you want another test vehicle as I have one of the best fabricators/installers working on my vehicle this week. Hands down awesome!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #24
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
I have his system installed in my car and I can tell you all that it is simply amazing.

The flexibility and options are endless. I love the fact that I can select a color to run such as orange, and then proceed to go in and fine tune the orange to make it lighter or darker shade to fit my taste, not just a default orange that I have to live with. Do I want my left halo to be yellow while my right halo is blue while my grill light is pink? No problem. Do I want to have these colors while I strobe my DRLs? No problem. It's very sweet.

The other cool thing is the brightness of the colors. Stock halos are difficult to see during the day but with this kit the halos are very noticeable. I actually tuned down the brightness on my white halos at night because they were so bright while they were shining on their own.

Joe is a great guy who has worked extremely hard on this product...the amount of time he and his son have put in is incredible. The best thing about it is they are both passionate about LEDs and Camaros...the great combination for our community!

Subscribed.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #26
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
what is required for this system? would you need a different module for the rgb controller? or could some one just change the frequency to get it too work?
Our controllers are required to drive the LEDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
I would love the entire setup shown in the first and second video. I wish you would have a set ready for the big show in texas coming up mid month next month I'd love to have it installed. PM me if you want another test vehicle as I have one of the best fabricators/installers working on my vehicle this week. Hands down awesome!
Thanks. We're just about complete with our testing. I doubt our timeline will meet with yours for next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
I have his system installed in my car and I can tell you all that it is simply amazing.

The flexibility and options are endless. I love the fact that I can select a color to run such as orange, and then proceed to go in and fine tune the orange to make it lighter or darker shade to fit my taste, not just a default orange that I have to live with. Do I want my left halo to be yellow while my right halo is blue while my grill light is pink? No problem. Do I want to have these colors while I strobe my DRLs? No problem. It's very sweet.

The other cool thing is the brightness of the colors. Stock halos are difficult to see during the day but with this kit the halos are very noticeable. I actually tuned down the brightness on my white halos at night because they were so bright while they were shining on their own.

Joe is a great guy who has worked extremely hard on this product...the amount of time he and his son have put in is incredible. The best thing about it is they are both passionate about LEDs and Camaros...the great combination for our community!
Thanks JT. JT is one of our testers that is driving his car daily. Maybe he can help answer some of the questions.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #28
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
This looks really awesome!
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote