Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #169
Mungo

Drives: trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Yep, as I've said before.... we don't like the reverse lights there either. The original location didn't work out and neither did any others. We didn't just casually stick them there thinking it'd be fine though. We tried everything and that was the only solution. I can't go thru and explain the problems with every other possible location. It was so long ago and involved so many legal, practical, engineering and styling considerations that most of it's forgotten by now. Just know that they are there because of a mistake, not a design choice and nobody's happy about it but all the complaining in the world won't help at this point. In person you hardly notice them though because the rest of the car turned out so nice. (I'm just glad that the whining about the gas cap is over!)
Thank you for clearing up a few things. One question though. Was a sunroof option the reason the reverse mohawk went away? I like the front bumper on the "SS".
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #170
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Hope there is room for my kids in the back.

Finally looked through all 9 pages, wonderful job guys, you all deserve a pat on the back. This is gonna sell like hotcakes no matter the price of gas.

Test drove a 135 and an S5 today 300, and 340hp and it was plenty, 400hp is going to be more than enough for me, and 5-10k cheaper to boot! Thank you very much for all your hard work, now get those puppies built.

Last edited by Design1stCode2nd; 06-21-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #171
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
OMG! I missed a day on here, and look what happens... BEAUTIFUL pics... I seriously got butterflies in my stomach when i saw it. Im dying to know what is under the hood. I want to know if SS is top dog or not..... someone just tell me....ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #172
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
Thank you for clearing up a few things. One question though. Was a sunroof option the reason the reverse mohawk went away? I like the front bumper on the "SS".
It'll still have the reverse mohawk if you don't get the sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Can you elaborate on the differences if any of the rear between this and the Bumblebee that I've seen and the final production vehicle. I assume the Bumblebee/Saleen_GTO has the same dimensions as the concept....
Yeah Bumblebee and the concepts were made from the same molds... they are basically identical. Sorry I can't do a list of dimensional comparisons between the concept and production models but they are a LOT closer than people think. Mostly, the final design is just thicker and chunkier so that it will hold people etc. The concept is nearly impossible to sit in and that'd get old pretty fast if you owned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
Hope there is room for my kids in the back.
Yeah unless they're tall.
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #173
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post

Yeah unless they're tall.
2 1/2 and 5 yrs old plus I'm 5' 8" and mom is 4' 10" (yes 4'), so no worries about tall just wanted to make sure they didin't need to be amputees.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #174
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
the holy grale
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #175
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySteele06 View Post

They posted a high res closeup of the "SS" ......perfectly proportional

People please dont promote the foolishness of discussing things that are already proven or disproven.... it breeds ignorance
You are all Idiots!!! That is clearly a fifty-five (55) on the front. The new car is going to be individually numbered. I think there is going to be a certificate of authentication as well.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #176
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
WOWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Jeeze, I miss one day (a Saturday no less) and I miss this!

This car is just stunningly gorgeous! To see it in it's full glory, just stunning. I must take a moment to thank all the GM engineers and designers for all of their work. It really has stayed true to the concept. I can think of only one other production car in recent history to stay as close to it's original concept, and that is the Dodge Viper. This Camaro is truly a modern classic. I was begining to fear that GM could no longer design cars with unique, crisp, and unmistakable style, but GM hit a grand slam with the new Camaro. You can look at this from a far at a glance and know immediately what it is, and I believe style like that ages well and retains appeal. How many kids will now see one of these drive by and point, drool, stare, gawk, and ponder their future in 20 years by asking how much and what they need to do to afford one (just like I did when I saw a Camaro drive by when I was 8 years old). I suppose I would even go as far as saying Harley Earl would be proud!

Great job Camaro team! Great job GM!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #177
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
4thGen, some more back-story to Camero is he chose his name specifically because he was sick of people spelling Camaro like that, so his name is a bit of fun being poked at those people.

Camero, if it makes you feel any better the backup lights look a little more purposeful and integrated than they have in the past. Of course this car is closer to production than the mules, and maybe the color helps too (clear on silver is less obvious than clear on black) but we're seeing pretty decent progress there.

Mungo, yes as Camero said the non-sunroof cars will have the reverse mohawks. A number of spy pics we have floating around show the R-M there looking just like the concept.

Also, Camero, nice non-specific and non-committal answer to the backseat question. Fbodfather would be very proud
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #178
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
I can't wait for this thing to be in a dealership. I had a '99 and sold it because I took a sales job with tons of driving. I was driving to lumber yards and manufacturing plants. I didn't want to beat the thing to death, I would rather not have it. If its available...I'm thinking orange, but the wife is hoping for red.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #179
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Nice to see the spoiler is back on the SS version.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #180
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Ok I'm sick of the nit picking going on here. So for all of you who dont like the back-up lights I ask you this...Where the hell would you put them???? The law requires them, so deal with it. Now for those of you who dont like the front bumper...Its what we are getting 90% of us like it, you other 10% can grab a V6 bumper or an after market to fix it.

So STOP being some spoiled little brats who cry when you dont get your way and give some respect to the people who worked hard for the past few years to give you this car.
I don't mind the bumper so much as I mind the fact that the grille they have on the lower bumper in the convertible spyshots looks like an afterthought and as tacky as heck. I'm praying that the SS doesn't get saddled with the protruding grillwork.

Also, just saying "90% of us like it" without some kind of proof sort of makes it look like "50%" of us like it and you want to make sure that you get your way.

How about a REAL poll?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:22 PM   #181
discoteka

Drives: Oramac
The car's hottness matches that of Jessica Alba, but I guess I have to hope for the Z28 to have corvette style reverse lights...
Old 06-21-2008, 11:22 PM   #182
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Ny car is ready? I wanted black... Oh well I will take it.
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote