Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Edmunds: GM Foreign-Exchange Program: Holden Special Vehicles Getting LS3

Quote:
Date posted: 03-26-2008

MELBOURNE, Australia — Australia's Holden Special Vehicles E Series and WM Grange vehicles will be available with the 6.2-liter LS3 engine from the Chevrolet Corvette starting in April.

The engine will be standard on the ClubSport R8, GTS, Senator Signature, Maloo R8 Ute and WM Grange, with power increasing to 425 horsepower and 406 pound-feet of torque.

HSV Managing Director Scott Grant called the new engine "a welcome upgrade for HSV customers who wanted the latest and greatest technology in their cars."

The General Motors LS3 engine is built by General Motors Powertrain in North America and is available in the current Chevrolet Corvette. It will also be the engine used in the new Pontiac G8 GXP, to be built by Holden in Elizabeth, South Australia, starting at the end of 2008 and exported to the United States.

Vauxhall's VXR8 and CSV R8, sold in the United Kingdom and Middle East respectively, will also receive the LS3 engine in 2008. New Zealand launches the LS3 engine with a limited-edition ClubSport R8 and Maloo R8.

HSV has released a new color palette to coincide with the engine upgrade. Automatic transmission coolers are standard across the upgraded range. A new 20-inch wheel option is also available across the HSV fleet. Average prices of the upgraded HSV range have increased slightly, from 1.3 to 2.8 percent.

What this means to you: This international exchange program that GM is running is benefiting people on both sides now. — Mike Jarvis, Correspondent
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=125337
Old 03-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Bring on the LS3!!!!!!!!!! maybe even the G8 GXP...and I like the bump in HP
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Sounds like they are ramping up LS3 production, and putting them into a lot of Aussie GM cars. Sounds like another argument for having the LS3 in the Camaro to me
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Sounds like they are ramping up LS3 production, and putting them into a lot of Aussie GM cars. Sounds like another argument for having the LS3 in the Camaro to me
that is what i have been thinking. it's like once a week we here about another car gm is planning to use the LS3 in.
1. ClubSport R8
2. GTS
3. Senator Signature
4. Maloo R8 Ute
5. WM Grange
6. G8 GXP
7. Corvette
8. Camaro?

that would be 8 cars at least that would have that engine. i think it was Dragoneye that said in a post, that it's a cheaper engine to produce then the LS2. just makes sense to expect it.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
LS3 gets pretty good gas mileage in the Vette. I heard they had issues fitting AFM tech to the LS3 though?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:51 AM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^What I heard too. Maybe they'll get lucky and get something fixed?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote