Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #15
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Charlie,

Looking at the Adams website, I noticed that the picture of the new, blue microfiber towel, they have a freakin tag on them.

That is not only a no-no in my book, but even Junkman mentioned it in one of his videos. What say ye?

adams blue microfiber

Old 01-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #16
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
Charlie,

Looking at the Adams website, I noticed that the picture of the new, blue microfiber towel, they have a freakin tag on them.

That is not only a no-no in my book, but even Junkman mentioned it in one of his videos. What say ye?

adams blue microfiber

I'm pretty sure they are removable. Like all the cobra microfibers.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LTRS View Post
I'm pretty sure they are removable. Like all the cobra microfibers.
...and you would be correct sir!

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #18
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity

Drives: 2009 Malibu 1LT
Used my adams buttery and americana wax today. I am a first time adams user and I am sold on these products. Here are some results. Finally had some nice weather this weekend.
Attached Images

Brian2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #19
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Your car looks awesome !!! Great job.

Did you notice any difference in the depth? Please give some details of your experience.

Adams seems to be some top-notch stuff. I plan to buy one of their package deals and I am going to put the Adam's head-to-head with the Zaino.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #20
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity

First off I clayed the hood but noticed there wasn't alot of contaminants and oxidation, the clay was slick on the whole hood. Started claying the front facia and finished it. I then applied the buttery wax, which went on fairly easy but I felt like I was using alot compared to what the instructions say. Also I noticed it left some residue and streaks that took a little effort to get off but no more than any other product. I then followed the coat of buttery with a coat of americana. This wax was the icing on the cake. Went on very easy. I just applied some detail spray to the hex applicator. It came off easy too. Here some upclose pic.
Attached Images

Last edited by Brian2SS/RS; 02-21-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #21
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2SS/RS View Post
First off I clayed the hood but noticed there was alot of contaminants and oxidation, the clay was slick on the whole hood. Started claying the front facia and finished it. I then applied the buttery wax, which went on fairly easy but I felt like I was using alot compared to what the instructions say. Also I noticed it left some residue and streaks that took a little effort to get off but no more than any other product. I then followed the coat of buttery with a coat of americana. This wax was the icing on the cake. Went on very easy. I just applied some detail spray to the hex applicator. It came off easy too. Here some upclose pic.
Just for clarification, you would normally follow the clay job with some type of polish. Since the cars here are relatively new, you shouldn't need anything aggressive unless your paint is swirl city. Adam's Fine Machine Polish (FMP), which would be administered by the PC-7424 would be my suggestion. After that, you can then apply your Adam's wax of choice (there are 3 to choose from). If your car has bad swirls, then you would use the Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover (SHR) after claying, then follow that with FMP. FMP is actually the final polish that will give you the depth in shine. After all, polish is what makes paint shine, not the wax.

My car with FMP applied, and NO wax.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #22
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
i cant wait til spring, i got a few swirls but they are very light. Would FMP take care of that or should i hit it with swirl and haze remover?
guys the cars look great, keep doing what your doing, they all look GORGOUS!
The pics of the IOM makes me want to go out now and start buffing my car....but its like 5 C over here lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #23
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Thanks JUNKMAN, dropped your name and saved some $$.

Bought the swirl & haze, revive polish, blue hex & flip pads to go with the buttery wax, leather treatments, and other stuff I already had!

Thanks
Old 02-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #24
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
i cant wait til spring, i got a few swirls but they are very light. Would FMP take care of that or should i hit it with swirl and haze remover?
guys the cars look great, keep doing what your doing, they all look GORGOUS!
The pics of the IOM makes me want to go out now and start buffing my car....but its like 5 C over here lol
You can always start with FMP and see what it does. If it is taking too long, you can always step up the SHR. With paint as young as what is on your cars, I wouldn't hesitate to start with FMP. That may be all you need but I would really need to see it first to say for sure.

Here's a perfect example of light scratches that I would use FMP on first before going to SHR:

Now here's some damage that I would definitely start with SHR on:

When guys try to show me what their paint looks like, these are the types of pictures I need to see. Not that 20 foot distant shot, I need 6-12" away from the paint with a light source in the picture. This is what shows what your paint really looks like. I take these pictures so that I can compair the before and after of my work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Thanks JUNKMAN, dropped your name and saved some $$.

Bought the swirl & haze, revive polish, blue hex & flip pads to go with the buttery wax, leather treatments, and other stuff I already had!

Thanks
Glad to be of service sir!

Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #25
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity

[QUOTE=Junkman2008;1505560]Just for clarification, you would normally follow the clay job with some type of polish. Since the cars here are relatively new, you shouldn't need anything aggressive unless your paint is swirl city. Adam's Fine Machine Polish (FMP), which would be administered by the PC-7424 would be my suggestion. After that, you can then apply your Adam's wax of choice (there are 3 to choose from). If your car has bad swirls, then you would use the Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover (SHR) after claying, then follow that with FMP. FMP is actually the final polish that will give you the depth in shine. After all, polish is what makes paint shine, not the wax.

My car with FMP applied, and NO wax.

Thanks Junkman. You're right, I should have followed with a polish but didn't have any on hand at the time. What would you recommend be applied by hand? I had rather not use a PC.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:48 AM   #26
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
FMP should take care of me then. Thanks alot Junkman for posting the pics, you are a great man! Plus your videos cant be beat. Thanks again
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 AM   #27
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2SS/RS View Post
Thanks Junkman. You're right, I should have followed with a polish but didn't have any on hand at the time. What would you recommend be applied by hand? I had rather not use a PC.
Whether you do it by hand or by machine, the process as far as polishes are concerned is identical. No change whatsoever, except you will be doing a lot of sweating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
FMP should take care of me then. Thanks alot Junkman for posting the pics, you are a great man! Plus your videos cant be beat. Thanks again
Thanks for the kudos.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:46 AM   #28
My2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Would u recommend using an orbital buffer for the SHR or FMP? If so what type of pads to use?
My2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote