Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
tillroot1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
JUST CANT FIND THE MISSFIRE!

I have posted here before on the tuning forums, I have a 2010 SS with the 6manual, and the 6.2 I have a full ARH exhaust including cats. a CAI and a Dyno tune from JDP Motorsports. some time back I would notice a slight misfire, and it seemed to be at between 1k and 2k rpms while surface street driving. It has steadily gotten worse, the dealership can only show a random misfire, and does not set off any lights on the dash. I have changed the plugs, wires and cleaned the mass airflow sensor. Has anybody else had this problem and been able to track the issue down? the car runs perfectly except this low rpm issue and it does it at a steady speed in any town driving. While the car idles with the parking brake applied, every once in a while I can see the tach dip and pick up but not at a consistant rate, unsure if it may be related but just a symptom. Thanks, Ron Tilley
tillroot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Vacuum leak?
Old 07-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
TriGun

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS Ice Silver
I had the same problem before. And it turns out to be the injectors as I guess. Because when I changed the injectors to ID850 the problem is gone. You may try some injectors cleaner additive.
TriGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
tillroot1

tri gun, can you tell me more about the injectors? I have tried the techron chevron cleaner, and just about out of ideas, Thanks, Ron
Old 08-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
have you tried driving the car with the scanner in the car and set to read the misfire moniter, if anything else it will show what cylinder is mis firing. After that you can zero in on the cause, a random misfire can be really tough to locate without live feed from the moniter.
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
tillroot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
have you tried driving the car with the scanner in the car and set to read the misfire moniter, if anything else it will show what cylinder is mis firing. After that you can zero in on the cause, a random misfire can be really tough to locate without live feed from the moniter.

would the dealership do that? they are the ones that told me that there was a random misfire. Its very irritating and I do not know what to do. Thanks, Ron Tilley
Old 08-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
We are in the same boat on this one, just cant track it down. Luckily everything is fine and the light goes away, P0300 code, once I get above 2K. If I track it down I will be sure to let you know what I found.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillroot1 View Post
would the dealership do that? they are the ones that told me that there was a random misfire. Its very irritating and I do not know what to do. Thanks, Ron Tilley
its up to the tech and every tech does his/her diagnostic procedure differently,if you can by-pass the service advisor and talk to the tech who looked at it im sure you will get a better picture of whats going on, the techs name should be on your receipt, have faith good luck
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote