Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Redline2k5

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue on the way!
Options for longtubes etc with NPP exhuast

What is everyone running for longtubes etc with the NPP system? I love the aggressive sound that the Stainlessworks have with the longtubes and headers but I don't want to lose the quad tips. What do you guys think is the best solution?
Redline2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
YUHATIN
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 BLACK 2SS/RS LS3
I HAVE STAINLESS WORKS 1 7/8 LT'S AND I ALSO HAVE QUAD TIPS. WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO SACRIFICE THE QUAD TIPS FOR DIFFERENT HEADERS???
YUHATIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
The NPP system sounds great with headers, so you may want to give that a try. If you don't like it, you can always pick up the Stainless works Retro cat-back for the ZL1 with quad tips.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
Redline2k5

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue on the way!
Which headers would you guys recommend for combination of sound/power? I did the CAI inc CAI and Vmax throttle body and you can barely hear or feel a difference. Trying to get a little more aggressive!!

Do the long tubes hook up directly to the factory system?
Redline2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline2k5 View Post
Which headers would you guys recommend for combination of sound/power? I did the CAI inc CAI and Vmax throttle body and you can barely hear or feel a difference. Trying to get a little more aggressive!!

My personal choice would be to go with KOOKS Part # 6511-OEMC. This kit includes catted connection pipes, hardware and 02 extensions and will bolt right up to your stock cat-back system. The only thing I really suggest adding on outside of the kit would be a set of new GM gaskets; we use them on every one of our builds as they provide a very good seal and they are cheap protection against leaks.

We do have other LT header options, but personally I feel for the quality and price, KOOKS are hard to beat.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:17 PM   #6
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
ARH

LOL, I just got my car Friday. I have also installed a CAI intake (plus a few other things). One good piece of advice I picked up here on C5 is, pick your tuner first, your headers second. Why? No headers are going to ruin your engine. A bad tuner can. You will find that the good tuners will have their preferences. If you believe in your tuner, it's pretty easy to accept their faith in their header supplier.

My guy is a very well established, reputable tuner. He likes ARH. So, I'm going with his #1 choice because he knows a lot more about it than I do. I'm also going to have him do the ported TB just to give him a little more business and eliminate the core exchange hassle.

For my vert with NPP, the ARH LTs with HF Cats fit right into the OE catback, so the sound will be louder but not obnoxious and the OE vert bracing underneath won't be disturbed. Perfect for me.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I have a set of Phadt LTs w/HF cats I'm putting on to replace a set of JBA shorties & no cats. Love the NPP either way.....
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Just get the set that best fits your budget. I haven't seen any evidence that supports a huge difference in sound or power. Now an argument could be made for materials, craftsmanship, made in the USA, etc.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #9
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
I have a set of Phadt LTs w/HF cats I'm putting on to replace a set of JBA shorties & no cats. Love the NPP either way.....
Curious as to why the switch to shorties vs just replacing you HF for a test pipe?
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline2k5 View Post

Check out the Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers. You can speed a lot more money on headers but you will not find a better bang for your buck.

Long tubes come in several different configurations. If you want them to bolt up to your stock cat back you will need to look at what are referred to as "factory connect" or "short system" headers.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #11
YUHATIN
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 BLACK 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Check out the Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers. You can speed a lot more money on headers but you will not find a better bang for your buck.

Long tubes come in several different configurations. If you want them to bolt up to your stock cat back you will need to look at what are referred to as "factory connect" or "short system" headers.
^^^^^THIS
YUHATIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #12
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post

+1...Love my Stainless Power and the money I saved. That being said Tyler will give you an awesome deal on some Kooks as he suggested, for a little more coin. Its your choice really, based on your budget.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #13
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
I have stainless power because they were the cheapest reliable headers at the time. I would have got TSP if they were available because they are cheaper.
2013 Black 2SS Camaro - NPP Exhaust - Rotofab Cold Air Intake - SWorks Stainless Power Long Tube Headers 1 7/8" - CNC Ported Throttle Body - Showstopper Sidemarkers Ghosted Black - Sequential Tail Lights - RX Catch Can - Hill Start Assist Disabled- 35% Tint - Heritage Grille - BTR Stage 4 Cam - 3.91 Gears
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote