Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #15
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I've definately got other power-enhancing ideas in mind that I know will make more power with no side-effects except for tire smoke
Thanks Radz28;
Looks like it was Camaro that has put GM back on the map based on the first day IPO information.

I've been thinking of what would be the minimum $$$ we could do to enhance the power. CAI, pulley and a tune, should bring it to 550 RWHP and not break the warranty.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Thanks Radz28;
Looks like it was Camaro that has put GM back on the map based on the first day IPO information.

I've been thinking of what would be the minimum $$$ we could do to enhance the power. CAI, pulley and a tune, should bring it to 550 RWHP and not break the warranty.
Considering Vs are putting down from 440-470 RWHP in many instances, depending on tranny, I'd say exactly the things you're looking to do would get you to 550. I'm on the same page as you, but am crossing my fingers for a 2300. I'm only thinking that because of the revised upper plenum we've seen, but also, just to closer match the GT500. I think the 1900, in consideration of OEM emissions and certifications, might be a little too small for the power increase I'm expecting for Z28, so I just think adding the 2300 on LSA would be a good enough bump so they don't have to crank-up the psi. I have no more information than anyone else though, and am only speculating.

Either way - free-er flowing exhaust is a sure ticket to making more power and I hope GM will capitolize on it

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #17
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Thanks Radz28;

You might want to be careful and check that "tune" on the Z. GM is pretty good about finding out if you retuned their original specs. My understanding is if you re-tune, you just voided the warranty. You might want to check with some of the other members that re-tuned their SS and see if it voided their warranty or not.