Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Letters to Oshawa

The following threads will provide Camaro5 members, the opportunity to express their gratitude to the Oshawa Assembly workers. A link to this thread will be published in the plant paper tomorrow so here is you opportunity to communicate directly to the Oshawa Assembly workers.

There are a few rules which will be enforced:

1. You must sign your letter/post with your first name and last name abbreviation, city and state/province. At your own discretion, you may also post your full name.

2. All posts other than letters will be deleted. For eg. Posts saying "Great Idea" or posts commenting on someones letter are going to get deleted.

3. Posts containing any negativity are going to get deleted. Don't even THINK about slipping something in - e.g. (aside from my ***insert issue here***, I love my car).

I will be posting all letters sent me but to others, feel free to post.

Last edited by Hylton; 10-05-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Hylton

Hold...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
Hylton

Another hold...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
Hylton

Dear Oshawa workers,
break
The path to owning my 2010 Camaro started with a discussion between my wife and I concerning our 1981 Z-28. I had bought this car when I was 16. It was a head turner and a glimpse into the mini-celebrity that comes with owning a fine muscle car. Years passed, priorities shifted and the car fell into dis-repair. We decided to sell the Z28 as I just didn’t have the cash to commit to it, to really do the car justice as I would have wanted. It was a hard decision but I remeber at the time saying “this money is going into a savings account and it will go towards a 1st gen Camaro or a new Camaro if ever that were to occur.” We agreed to set aside the money and put forth a determined effort to add to the account as possible.
break
A couple of years later I found myself looking at the Camaro concept pictures direct from the Detriot auto show. My jaw dropped and shivers went up my spine when I looked at these pictures. There it was, a new Camaro with 1st generation stylings combined with a sleek and sexy modern day appearance. From that moment forward I would torment my wife with visions of this new Camaro parked in the driveway. I found myself no longer missing my frist car but intensely hoping the new Camaro would be built.
I remember placing my pre-order in Oct of 2008. What a great feeling. Thanks to Camaro5 I already knew all the particulars and that made it very easy for the salesperson. I had become nearly obsessed with the 2010 Camaro. I was there, in Oshawa, for the 1st official day of production. I was able to sit in a new Camaro for the 1st time and it made me feel like 16 again. It was cool to see Hendrick drive his Camaro off of the line but the truth of the matter is that I was too awestruck by the others in attandance... I speak of all the 2010 Camaros that were there that day. I couldn’t help but stare at those Camaros.
break
The waiting is truly the hardest part but on June 12th the wait was over. My beautiful Rally Yellow 2SS/RS with black rally stripes was ready to come home. The custom plates read ‘KLLERBEE’. I’m not sure.... but I think time stood still during that maiden voyage. My 5 year old son was with me and the ear-to-ear grin on his face perfectly mirrored my enthusiasm . I wasn’t truly perpared for the on-slaught of attention to come. The looks of this car alone generate so much attention, none of which have been negative. My favorite moment was coming to a stop light and having both 80-something year old occupants in the car next to me give me a big thumbs up and shout “Nice car!”.
break
I have the highest praise for your work! This car is simply amazing. It is near flawless with it’s tight tolerances and superior quality. I am a very PROUD 2010 Camaro owner!
break
Thank you!
Derrick D.
Peterborough, Ontario.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Hylton

To All GM Employees of the Oshawa Assembly Plant:

I just wanted to take a minute out of my time to thank all of the employees at the Oshawa Assembly plant for taking their time to put together one of the best made and designed muscle cars of all time in my opinion. I have owned 4 Camaros (1-1st Gen, 2-4th Gens, and my new 5th Gen) in my short life so far, and this one is by far the best fit and finish that anyone could ask for. Everyday this car brings a smile to my face wether I am driving it or as it lays to rest in my garage in Buffalo, NY. This has made a great addition to my family that we all have loved and enjoyed and will one time be my sons to cherish as he gets older. I finally have my own soon to be instant classic to keep and love for a lifetime since its birth in June of 2009. The amount of attention this car gets is incredible, wether it is at a local cruise night, grocery store, gas station or on my commute to work it turns heads and the questions start to fly. I have never seen anything like it, like I said no matter where I go the car is an automatic celebrity. I have been a Camaro lover for most of my life and it starts from my Dad who has retired from the Tonawanda Engine Plant who has made me appreciate the quality and hard work of the GM employees and I hope to pass that along to my own son. Keep up the great work!!!

I again thank you all for all the hard work and sweat that has been put in to this masterpiece.

Thank you,

Jason C.
North Tonawanda, NY

2010CamaroJ of Camaro5.com
Old 10-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
Hylton

To the employees of the Oshawa Car Assembly Plant;
break
break
My 5th Generation Camaro story began in an unlikely place – a local movie theatre.
break
I sat and watched Transformers with my wife. You know what comes next... the old car updates its appearance, and changes into the new Camaro concept. I had seen the car in advertising and concept art, but seeing there on screen gave me chills. I leaned over and told my wife “I’m getting one of those”. She laughed, pushed me away, and we enjoyed the movie. Every time we watched the movie again over the next year or so, I reminded her – “I’m getting one of those”.
break
When it was announced that the Camaro would be built here in Oshawa, I got REALLY excited. I knew from my previous cars – a Lumina and two Impalas that cars built here were well built, and for us – problem free. As well, this meant I would see them on our area streets, and be able to drive by the plant and check them out in the shipping lots and elsewhere.
break
The wait was painful – I ordered my car on May 21st, but when I picked it up 4 month later on September 17th, it was all worth it. The hours deliberating over color, options, etc – all worth it! The moment I saw the car at the dealer was an emotional one – and I was VERY happy. The week and a half I have been driving? A truly great experience. Everyone loves the car, everywhere I go. The car is a pleasure to drive. The fit and finish is excellent, and many people comment on the great materials used. From the great leather seating to the ambient lighting, to all of the little touches. And as a technology guy – the car is great. I love driving with my iPhone connected – playing back my tunes and taking phone calls on the hands free system as they come in. Tuning to my favourite XM stations... and cranking up a CD on the great Boston Acoustics system.
break
The bottom line? A million thanks to everyone involved in the production of my car. I’ve lived in Oshawa a long time and witnessed the ups and downs for those in the auto industry. I’ve read the headlines, seen the letters to the editor, witnessed the emotion of a town dealing with such tumultuous times for an industry, and perhaps the town’s biggest benefactor. Without you all, and your hard work, this car would still be a dream – you have made it a reality. Your dedication to the quality and efficiency of your work have contributed to this car, and as things move forward will be key to GM’s road back to #1 carmaker.
break
Again, I can’t thank you all enough. You’ve built my dream car and delivered it home. I’m proud to own a great car built right here in Oshawa. Thanks for making that possible.
break
break
Thanks,
Paul P.
Oshawa, Ontario
2010 Camaro 2LT – IBM w/Beige Interior – 2G1FC1EV3A9146047
To Everyone at GM-Oshawa,
Old 10-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Hylton

I can honestly tell all of you that no other car that I've owned in over 30 years of driving that has excited me as much as the Camaro you built. I've ordered new vehicles in the past but the anticipation of the arrival of my new Camaro was greater that I've ever experienced.
break
When the day arrived (September 9th, 2009) it was like having Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one! Even before the paperwork was finished I had to see it, touch it, sit in it. Wow! It was a feeling that's hard to describe. And now I feel pride in knowing that such an excellent team of individuals worked together to build it. And that without you and your hard work this great car wouldn't be parked in my garage.
break
break
Sincerely,
James M.
Chicago, Illinois
Old 10-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
Hylton

September 25th, 2009
break
To the Men and Women of the Oshawa Car Assembly Plant
break
I would just like to take this opportunity to express my sincerest gratitude towards all of you for taking part in building one of the finest automobiles I have ever had the pleasures of driving. Well done!
break
Although, I’ve only had this Camaro for a short time, picked up on Aug 19th, 2009, I can easily tell that a lot of time and effort has gone into every aspect of the production process due to its very high level of quality found in the “Fit & Finish” which is so abundant throughout my vehicle.
break
I’m sure my Camaro will bring me many years of enjoyment to come and knowing also that it was built in the town I grew up in of Oshawa, this will definitely make it all the more memorable for me as well!
break
Thanks to everyone at the Oshawa Car Assembly Plant for doing your part in the “Rebirth of a Legend”. The 2010 Camaro is truly a work of art brought to life by the People of one of the Best Assembly Plants in North America. Cheers!

break
break
break

Thanks again,
Alan S. ( Owner of # 3 5 2 7 8 )
Whitby, ON.
Camaro5 Member ( RetroDude )
Old 10-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
Hylton

September 17, 2009
break
To All Oshawa Plant Employees,
break
Several years ago, I went to see a little movie called Transformers. For the kids you know. As the movie played, this magnificent automobile came on the screen, and my heart skipped.
break
My research began at this point as I followed the vision. See, I have always been a muscle car fan, most notably a Camaro fan, from early on. I love anything fast, and we are a racing family. But I found that most concepts never make it to reality……..until the 5th Generation, and the new Camaro was born. From concept, to design and trust in what the public really wanted, GM designers came through in a big way.
break
And although the wait was long, I was determined to be patient to see the final version, to make sure GM had not done what a few other s had done, changed the design in the final stages before production. But, off the line it came, the birth of a dream for many, those longing for a return to the glory days of muscle! And each of you allowed us to have that moment of pure bliss. See, I did not order until later in the game, but know I’ve had this car in my soul much longer.
break
I want to take this opportunity to thank each of you for being a part of making my dream come true, the continuation of a legend, one which brings back memories, and each day, creates new ones. Your dedication to quality, commitment to owner trust, is immeasurable. Each day as I get into this car, I think of how she traveled the line, came to life, and brought complete happiness to mine. Thank you for bringing back sexy!!!
break
break
break
Lisa G.
Zachary, Louisiana

break
ABM, 2SS, RS, L99, beige interior, polished 20's, her birthday was 7/31/09 - 2G1FK1EJ7A9131678
Old 10-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
Hylton

To: Oshawa Build Team
break
First off I would like to say “Thank You” to everyone on the Build Team for all the hard work and care they put into each new Camaro. I am sorry I could not make it to this event to meet all the people who built my Camaro.
I know everyone has a story about how they ended up with a new Camaro, so let me give you mine. I did not start out in 2009 to buy a new car, I was pretty happy with my truck (98 Dodge Ram that was paid for). However in mid February someone decided to redesign the body of my truck with another vehicle. While stopped waiting for a traffic light to go green I was rear ended by a large box truck (a Ford I think). The impact on the right half of the rear bumper pushed my truck into the left rear of the vehicle in front of me. Had it not been for the vehicle in front I would have been pushed into another lane of traffic. The collision damaged the front and rear bumpers, the truck bed, the front end, the cab of the truck, and twisted the frame. So due to the age of my truck and the amount of damage, it was a total loss. After turning my truck over to the insurance company and picking up a rental car (a 2009 Dodge Challenger) I began my search for a replacement vehicle. I started out looking at just trucks, thinking I should replace mine with another one. My wife and I made all the local dealerships (Ford, Dodge, Chevy), pulling up in a new Challenger to look at trucks. I had to keep telling the sales people that it was just a rental. Toward the end of the second week of visiting dealerships we test drove an Avalanche and I really liked this vehicle. After discussing all the vehicles we had looked at and driven, my wife suggested that I go back and drive the Avalanche again, just to make sure. So that weekend (28 Feb 09) I went back to talk to the salesperson about that vehicle and a couple of others. By the time I was done at the dealership I had ordered the Camaro (CGM/2SS/L99). The color was the tough part IOM or CGM, but the CGM won out. I then had to go home and let the Boss know what we had just ordered. I can say that all through the process she kept saying to make sure I got what I wanted because I would be the one driving it. Could be that driving the Challenger played a part in the decision as I was having fun with it. But I think the deciding factor was watching the Daytona 500 on television and seeing the Camaro as the pace car. It just looked awesome on the track.
break
Once the order was placed the waiting began. At first it was not to bad, I knew that actual production would not start until March 16 and I had the forum at Camaro5 and my local dealership to keep me well informed with everything going on with the car. Also I did have a rental car so I was not walking. We finally had to give up the rental car after about six weeks (decided we could better use the money for the new car). So the wife and I shared her vehicle, not an easy task when you have different work schedules, but we managed to make it through with out her doing me in.
break
The wait got a little more difficult in May after we saw our first one up close and in person. We were at the NASCAR race in Richmond, VA and the Chevy Fan Fest had one on display. After seeing it in person I knew I had made the right decision in ordering one. First part of June I saw a Victory Red in the local area and a couple of days later a Black, then about a week later an IOM. With each time I saw one I was getting more excited about getting mine. Then on 22 June mine along with a black one arrived at the dealership. We went down after work to pick her up and while doing the paper work it started to rain. I thought this is great, my car finally arrives and I have to drive it home in the rain. But buy the time we had finished signing the last form, the sky had cleared and the sun was back out. We had a beautiful ride home.
break
This car reminds me a lot of the First Generation Camaros and causes me to reflect back on my first ride ever in a Camaro. It was roughly 42 years ago and a classmate had just gotten a new Camaro. Just sitting in the car was great, but when he revved the engine and let go of the clutch it felt as if the whole front end lifted off the ground. Man, what a feeling! I get that same thrill each and every time I get in and start up this car. This car is just plain FUN to drive. It does not matter what kind of day I have at work because the drive home is a blast and not always the most direct route.
break
Having been built in Oshawa you might say this car was born in Canada, but it is truly “All American” (North American “that is”).
break
Thanks again to all of you. I wish you many years of success.
“Semper Fi”
break
William “Bill” S.
WyleCoyote Camaro5 Member
VIN # 114521 CGM/2SS/L99
Old 10-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
Hylton

Dear GM plant employees,
break
My 2010 Camaro:
break
2LT/RS
Rally Yellow with black rally stripes
Sunroof
Manual transmission
License plate: "CAMARO5" (for 5th Generation)
break
Ordered: May 1, 2009
Drove it home: Aug. 5, 2009
break
I very much appreciate the time and effort that each and every one of you put in to the building of my new Camaro. I simply can not believe that such a wonderful car is now sitting in MY garage - at MY house. It has about 1,700 miles on it, and I have enjoyed every single one of them. Pound per dollar, it is the BEST sports car one can purchase on the market today.
break
The fit and finish is AWESOME. The handling is great. The seats are
EXTREMELY comfortable. The steering is so responsive and confidant.
I will never tire of all the "thumbs-up" and all of the people - who don't know me - waving and saying "wow, nice car". It almost brings tears (of joy!) to my eyes and leaves a permanent smile on my face every time I take it for a drive.
break
I heard one of the BEST compliments just today, "I like the new Camaro
best(compared to the competition) because it LOOKS like a Camaro."
break
God bless all of you! God bless the U.S.A. (and Canada!) and the freedom to pursue our dreams!!! Keep up the GREAT work!
break
break
break
Respectfully,
break
Eric W.
Indianola, Iowa
Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #12
Hylton

Dear Plant Employees,
break
My hat is off to all who built these new Camaros.You done an amazing job. I got the LS in June and the care and detail that is in that base camaro is unreal.I have not found one flaw in the entire car.I got 38 miles to a gallon on a trip in northern Michigan.Granted the road was flat the humidity was low and no stop and go traffic but how crazy is that? On one 50 mile run I got 42mpg.The rest of the time I have a hard time keeping the foot off the pedal.I really think you packed more than 304 hp in my car as it runs like a scared rabbit.
break
I had M/C gangs of about 50 or more bikes going by and every one,every single one giving the car a thumb up! Now that was one hell of a salute.....When something or someone is truly great people recognize it.
The car get smiles from every one 10 to 100 years of age.The car is truly a ROCK STAR.And I am just happy and proud to be it's roadie.I have had over 100 cars in my life and none of them{and I had some nice ones} ever got a response from the public like the 2010 Camaro.That car is the answer to depressions and recessions.
break
I got the coolest car I ever had for 25 grand and every morning I have to look out the window to see if it turned into a pumpkin and when I see that it still has the same lines I thought it had when I came home the night before and that it wasn't just to many pints I get that big grin on my face again. When I'm driving it I feel like I won the lottery.I brought a new Impala almost 10 years ago and it cost more than my 2010 so what did I really pay for the 2010 ? $12,500 in todays money? If you don"t sell a million of these babies then someones not paying attention.
break
Oh and one more crazy thing happened the other night as I was tooling past a couple bars three girls were flashing their hooters at the car. Now no one ever did that when I brought that new 2000 impala!!!Don't let that infomation out or you might not ever be able to ride alone.
break
break
Thanks to all you cats that made this car. See ya all in Oct.
break
break
Joey Ooper borntoride
Old 10-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
Hylton

September 13, 2009
break
break
Dear Oshawa plant workers.
break
My name is Michelle and my order number is NKNKHG from Utah. I ordered my car June 11,2009 I am currently status 3000 with a production date of 9-28-09.
break
I remember how bummed out I was years ago when they stopped making the Camaro. I have owned three for them over the years and for many reasons had to part with them. I told myself that should GM ever build them again I wanted one no questions asked.
break
The first time I saw one on the road was back in May of 2009 and I thought I was dreaming. I soon started to call local dealers and learned that some had already pre-ordered back in October 2008. I was totally shocked because I was unaware of it.
break
I choose Riverton Chevrolet because of a past camaro purchase with them back in 1999. June 11th I put my deposit down picked out my build order.
What my camaro means to me: It is a status symbol for me for all my hard work and accomplishments over the years. Being a single Mother and raising three kids for ten years now has not been easy. I just turned 50 in May and with everything I have endured in my life I feel this is my reward. Camaro has been my number 1 favorite automobile since I was 15 years old.
break
Thank you for all your hard work and expertise in building our cars. Most of you probably already know how we feel about them via the website. I found the Camaro5 website back in June and I really have enjoyed reading everyone’s posts. I think we all have learned a lot about the process and in and outs of this car building process.
break
I would have loved to drive up to meet everyone and have my car signed that would be such an honor . But I don’t have my car yet and well it is rather far from Utah. I hope to get my camaro in the middle of October I can’t wait.
break
I can’t thank you all enough for building a great looking fantastic car.
break
Sincerely,
Michelle L.
Salt Lake City, Utah Geminidreams / on camaro5 website
Old 10-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #14
Hylton

Dear Oshawa plant employees,
break
I'd like to sincerely thank you for the hard work you do every single day in building these Camaros. I cannot even begin to describe how I felt when I first saw my Black 2SS RS. To make it even better, the first time I sat in her and drove her made me feel like I was in a dream.
break
In all, I had to wait about three months to get my car. At first I thought that was a long time and that I would go crazy waiting for her to come in. But now that I have her, I can see why some people have waited up to a year for theirs to come in. I can now say that if I had had to wait even longer for her to come in, in the end it would have been well worth the wait. This car is truly special and for that I sincerely want to thank you for the amazing job you have done and continue to do every single day for future owners just like me.
break
This car is a thousand times better than anything I could have ever hoped for, so I want to thank you for being a part of that.
break
Enjoy the meet and greet with Camaro5 members - I really wish I could have come!
break
Thanks again - I love my Camaro!
break
break
break
Sincerely,
break
Justin Scott N. (Albuquerque, New Mexico...Black 2SS RS 6M Camaro #33,982)