Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
416Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Headers are in...Getting there!!!!!

The time has come for my headers installation, they been sitting in my garage for quite some time and I am thrilled about the changes my vehicle is going through. They look great and they sound great. Thought it would be loud, but I am satisfied with the results, Hot Rod scott did a great job his team effectively provided permagrin. Don't know the performance numbers yet, throttle response is amazing. Here are some pics, decided to go catless,Magnaflow resonated X pipe. As for my last thread posted; I needed some convincing and Camaro5 users were very helpful in leading me towards this decision.
Attached Images

M6 MODS: OBX LT headers, Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe, MRT V2 Axle back, K&N intake, Trifecta Tune,Sidemarker & Tail Light Blackout, Black Vinyl Emblems, CCFL Angel Eye Projectors, 35% & 5% Tint, Plasti Dip Rocker Stripes/Gas Cap, Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels....More to come.
416Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Was it a major change? How do you like them?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
416Camaro

I drove back home in rush hour traffic didn't get to feel the full effect of these headers. Major change...YES! Car feels so much better; I need a tune so I can get numbers. Since I went catless smells more like a muscle car.LOL.
M6 MODS: OBX LT headers, Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe, MRT V2 Axle back, K&N intake, Trifecta Tune,Sidemarker & Tail Light Blackout, Black Vinyl Emblems, CCFL Angel Eye Projectors, 35% & 5% Tint, Plasti Dip Rocker Stripes/Gas Cap, Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels....More to come.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #4
lscamaro

Haha I hear ya!

You could get numbers even without the tune. Essentially, the tune just turns off the CEL you will get. The car can pretty much adjust for the headers pretty well.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 AM   #5
416Camaro

I have had my CEL on since I installed my intake. I just thought leave it for the next MOD then tune; get rid of it. No one in Toronto has the software for this car.Strange.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
416Camaro

I want to go on the freeway. Open this bad boy up! break em in.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #7
lscamaro

Why'd you get a CEL from your intake? Have you pulled the codes to see what it is?

Also, what do you mean by no one has the software? Are you talking about trifecta?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #8
416Camaro

Two things. I don't know how to pull the codes. I called local Dyno Garages that tune camaros they don't carry V6 programming software, only V8.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #9
lscamaro

Well the code can get pulled by any autozone if you have one close by.

Also, no one has the v6 tuning software because the 2010-2011 Camaro ECM is extremely hard to tune. To date, only two companies have been able to crack it. IPF Tuning has cracked it and Trifecta Performance has as well. Most on here have Trifecta because IPF just recently came about.

One thing I will tell you is that the tunes for this car are no end all be all mod like they are for some other models. The Trifecta tune will net you about 14 hp and 14 tq. Where the tune really shines is if you have an auto car. The transmission tuning for the autos is really good since it firms up shifts.

Another thing though is that some people have been having a hard time getting some sensors to be in the "ready" state that is needed for emissions in certain places. I don't know if you need to do that but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #10
lscamaro

Oh yes, a little more explanation on the tuning. The tuning is done remotely. So you tell trifecta what type of tune you want and answer some other stuff they ask you and they send you a base tune through email. You also get mailed a cable which you use to hook up your laptop to your car and insert the tune into the car. After driving it for a little, you have the option of datalogging and sending logs to Vince (the tuner) and he will tell you if you need or don't need an update to the tune.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #11
416Camaro

OK, well the thing is I emailed them, I received this reply:
Vince asked me to contact you about this. I run his online store (http://www.wot-tuning.com/store)

You can order a tune for your Camaro directly from us. All you need to do is order here:

http://www.wot-tuning.com/store/product/79-2011-chevrolet-camaro-36l/

You'll see gains between 15-30hp on a totally stock car (91+ octane required), and will be able to flash the tune yourself using our EZ Flash cable and software.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

- Steven WellerWeller OBD Tuning, Inc.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #12
416Camaro

Am waiting for IPF to email me.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #13
lscamaro

Have u tried pming jesse?

Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #14
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
Congrats, I hope you like them. I couldnt decide between OBX or BBK LT's

BTW do LTs or shortie increase sound better?

but yeah post a vid!
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote