Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
gibblet342
Chris

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Angry NO WAY!!!

So today was a great and horrible day... all in one.

First, got my exhuast put on (Borla Stinger) and absolutly love the sound!

However, about 30 minutes ago was leaving my girlfriends parents house and was on the phone with work (via bluetooth). While backing out of the driveway, was arguing with the person on the phone and did not realize I had slightly turned the wheel... I fell off the curve!!!!! The drivers side bumper is cheese grated for about 8 inches I want to cry..... I know, never should be on the phone while driving, but still. First time I have EVER done anything to one of my vehicles, normally outside influences. Of course, has to be my baby I injure.

I will put some pictures up as soon as I calm down. It is repairable and not noticeable from the front, just still the point. Never argue on the phone (even on hands free) and drive.

PS - I did not fly down the driveway. Hope everybody elses day was a good one

Nosce Te Ipsum
gibblet342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Sucks, I'd hate to be the person you were arguing with next time you see 'em
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
gibblet342
Chris

It was over something stupid as well. Had a change requested and approved by the upper management. The guy is in charge of basically notifying everybody of all downtimes and "over-looked" mine tonight. He cancelled it because he forgot to send an update..... I've been waiting for weeks

Nosce Te Ipsum
Old 08-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
gibblet342:
Sorry to hear about your "misfortune". That so sucks. I know it's eating a hole right through you, but she will be fixed in no time..

Tell me about the exhaust. I just viewed a video by GTAHVIT on PQ's Car thread. It screams. A little too much for me as a daily driver. I don't think I want headers, etc. Does your system simply give you a little more growl? Nothing that rattles the windows though, huh?? What else did ya get besides the exhaust.. Tell me more, please... (exhaust is one of the things on my XMas list - engine cover and powdercoated brake calipers are the other two)... Lori
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
gibblet342
Chris

It gives a great growl honestly. It is very low (Lower than the ATAK in my opinion) and you can hear it when you take off. Doesn't shake the windows, but really gives you the ability to hear the engine talk.

When I am up to speed, I don't hear it more than normal road noise, but when you give it the gas, you know that your baby is happy and moving. It is a little weird, tell me I am seeing things I want to see, but I have the L99 and I honestly feel I am getting better response when off the line. Nothing spectacular, but enough to notice a difference.

My friend was listening to me start/rev/take off and he stated that it was perfect. He agreed that you could hear the engine and it gives hommage to the original muscle car. I listened to a bunch of different exhausts (on the computer and in person) and the Borla just had something that I fell in love with. Not that there is anything wrong with other ones, but my personal preference was Borla.

If you have the chance, meet up with others and listen to the start/rev/take off and see if you can go down the street with them. Not far, you will know after a quick 1/4 mile if it is for you. I am going with the Kooks LT headers in the next few months and it will have a drone, but its ok with me. I am coming from a Jeep (no sound insulation) and used to noise. Next up is the CAI, just waiting for the Janetty results for the V8. Also, some badges and the bowties.

Let me know what you chose, I am excited for you! It will change your car and garner even more attention. Hopefully my little speech helped ya. Let me know if you have any other questions (I also did the install myself).

-Chris

Nosce Te Ipsum
Old 08-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
We've all had our moments. It sucks but what can you do.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibblet342 View Post
So today was a great and horrible day... all in one.

First, got my exhuast put on (Borla Stinger) and absolutly love the sound!

However, about 30 minutes ago was leaving my girlfriends parents house and was on the phone with work (via bluetooth). While backing out of the driveway, was arguing with the person on the phone and did not realize I had slightly turned the wheel... I fell off the curve!!!!! The drivers side bumper is cheese grated for about 8 inches I want to cry..... I know, never should be on the phone while driving, but still. First time I have EVER done anything to one of my vehicles, normally outside influences. Of course, has to be my baby I injure.

I will put some pictures up as soon as I calm down. It is repairable and not noticeable from the front, just still the point. Never argue on the phone (even on hands free) and drive.

PS - I did not fly down the driveway. Hope everybody elses day was a good one

WAAAAY!!!

Okay, someone had to do it.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
Camaro Bert

Drives: soon
damn, that sucks man.

:(
Camaro Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
gibblet342
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravirn View Post
WAAAAY!!!

Okay, someone had to do it.

Haha, no problem. I feel much better now though, went for a ride around town and just listened and enjoyed the new found sound. Can't beat myself up too long.... since you cannot notice the damage unless looking below the car, will wait to fix when I have the stripes painted on. This just gives me a reason to get it done sooner

Nosce Te Ipsum
Old 08-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #10
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
The difference between me and most people... I drive and talk on the phone... I don't talk on the phone and drive. Mistake made... lesson learned. Sucks for everyone involved especially that poor car.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
a bit of advise, take a claw hammer and whack a fender. after that any damage will seem so minimal you wont care lol
Old 08-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #12
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
a bit of advise, take a claw hammer and whack a fender. after that any damage will seem so minimal you wont care lol
Good luck with that... I wouldn't think about doing that let alone actually do it.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #13
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibblet342 View Post
It gives a great growl honestly. It is very low (Lower than the ATAK in my opinion) and you can hear it when you take off. Doesn't shake the windows, but really gives you the ability to hear the engine talk.

When I am up to speed, I don't hear it more than normal road noise, but when you give it the gas, you know that your baby is happy and moving. It is a little weird, tell me I am seeing things I want to see, but I have the L99 and I honestly feel I am getting better response when off the line. Nothing spectacular, but enough to notice a difference.

My friend was listening to me start/rev/take off and he stated that it was perfect. He agreed that you could hear the engine and it gives hommage to the original muscle car. I listened to a bunch of different exhausts (on the computer and in person) and the Borla just had something that I fell in love with. Not that there is anything wrong with other ones, but my personal preference was Borla.

If you have the chance, meet up with others and listen to the start/rev/take off and see if you can go down the street with them. Not far, you will know after a quick 1/4 mile if it is for you. I am going with the Kooks LT headers in the next few months and it will have a drone, but its ok with me. I am coming from a Jeep (no sound insulation) and used to noise. Next up is the CAI, just waiting for the Janetty results for the V8. Also, some badges and the bowties.

Let me know what you chose, I am excited for you! It will change your car and garner even more attention. Hopefully my little speech helped ya. Let me know if you have any other questions (I also did the install myself).

-Chris

Thankx for the "pointers", Chris. I've listened on the internet and I don't think I'd buy based on those.. Anybody I know with a Camaro has done way too much work on their exhaust system for my daily driver. I really want to hear in person what I intend to put on as far as mods go, ya know. Wish I lived closer to Houston, I'd come over to your place for both a "listen" AND "install". Appreciate the info, will keep you posted. PS: Stay off the Phone... Lori
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote