Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #85
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
the check is not voided yet but if they wont take it then it might as well be. the first payment is due feb 12 and i do not want to make a payment on a car loan for a car i dont have. I had all the info a month ago and the said they have used navy fed with other customers before but my check seems to be an issue.
I have read all these replies as they were posted, so I don't have to go back through and re-read 80 posts have you even gone back to the dealership and talked to them in person? I just re-read your OP, exactly why are they not accepting your check, have you gotten a reason? There has got to be more to this then what you are telling us. If you have a payment coming up then I would suggest you take the advise that a lot have told you is go to the dealership, talk to the person that is holding this deal up and have them get in a conference call with you and your financial institution to get that check cleared. The last thing I am going to tell you and have said this before. If they are not going to accept that check take it to your personal bank and get it changed to a cashiers check. They have to accept that it is the same thing as handing them cash, they can put any stamp on it they want it is still cash. You are buying what I am guessing to be a $40k to $45k car and you are complaining about a few hundred dollars for dealer fees.

From what I am gathering it is sounding to me like you are trying to find a way out of accepting this deal because you have ordered the car and have had seconds thoughts otherwise you could easily be driving it. You have the loan you said a payment is due so even if you drop the loan now you are going to pay interest on it.

Again go get a cashiers check and get the car. I will probably read the next couple replies to this thread and then I am unsubscribing because I just can't keep reading something that is so ridiculous as this.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #86
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Yes i have been back o the dealership 4 times to try and resolve this with the General Manager. cashiers check is also a no go.The reason they are rejecting it is because on the back its states that as a condition of cashing the check they must sign it and ensure that Navy Federal is listed on the tittle as the lien holder and that it is properly registered. To do this they charge a fee of $400 which i have Zero problem paying and is included in the current OTD price. They refuse to do this even though i am paying for it. However if i slide them a little cash on the side under the table they can get me a HIGHER interest rate from their bank and will register it wherever i want.

I do not at all want out the deal. I am not complaining about a few hundred pennies. its what will amount to a few thousand dollars for the entirety of the loan and the fact that they want me to pay them to get the a worse deal
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #87
skibik

Quote:
Yes i have been back o the dealership 4 times to try and resolve this. cashiers check is also a no go.The reason they are rejecting it is because on the back its states that as a condition of cashing the check they must sign it and ensure that Navy federal is listed on the tittle as the lien holder and that it is properly registered. To do this they charge a fee of $400 which i have Zero problem paying and is included in the current OTD price. They refuse to do this even though i am paying for it. However if i slide them a little cash on the side under the table they can get me a HIGHER interest rate from their bank and will register it wherever i want.
They are feeding you a line of crap then, a cashiers check is just that, it's CASH. They can't be holding up the deal by not accepting even a cashiers check no matter who the lien holder is on the title. Walk away, then you need to report them to the BBB and then you need to talk to GM customer service about this. As I said before I wouldn't waste my time with a dealer like this and would have walked.

Last question I have is, did you pay a deposit when you ordered this car? If not get the hell out of there and go to another dealership. If you have then make one last visit to the dealership and tell them you are taking them to court to get the deposit back.

Good luck with your endeavor and hope you get it straightened out. I can say you have more patience than I have because I would have told the dealership after the second visit to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Dean.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #88
right to travel

Yup i put down a deposit down but i do have an agreement in writing stating that if i dont buy the car i get my money back. but I can already see that turning in to a bigger fight
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #89
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I would have already taken my business elsewhere.
This
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #90
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Yup i put down a deposit down but i do have an agreement in writing stating that if i dont buy the car i get my money back. but I can already see that turning in to a bigger fight
This attitude may not be the most productive. You enjoy problems?

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #91
right to travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
This attitude may not be the most productive. You enjoy problems?

tramtwo posted this on the go
What attitude?? i asked them what happens if i cant buy the car if something happens between the time i ordered the car and it when it arrived. They gave me a form to fill out that protected me from losing my money.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #92
mixedguy

Drives: 2013 LT2 RS
finance through them and then the next month refi through navy fed. Navy fed will still honor it as a new car.
mixedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #93
skibik

Quote:
That is good. Only advise I have got and have given it already is walk now and go to another dealer and get the car you want. You have a legal document and the dealer has a copy get your money back! You may even be surprised when you give notice to your current dealer that you want the money back and are leaving they will probably even step up and get that check stamped "accepted form of payment" or "valid". You have the leverage with that document use it.

Dean.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #94
Kent2010

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAustin View Post
Not sure why you are writing a letter in the first place.

You know what you want (the three things) before you will accept delivery of the vehicle. When the vehicle is ready for you to pick up, go see their sales manager or general manager, and explain this to him / her. (It's not like these people are sitting around waiting to read long letters from dissatisfied buyers, presuming they can read.)

If they don't agree, just walk away and take your business elsewhere. If you don't have the will to walk, they've got you.
+1
Why don't you go to another dealership? Yeah, there might be a hassle to get your money back. Sometimes Real Life kinda bites and is not as fair as we'd like.

1) Shorten up your letter to just the facts.
2) Saying things like "I shouldn't have to blah blah..." or "its not fair that I have to blah blah..." or "I've always done things like this..." carries NO weight and is of no significance to anyone outside of your immediate family. Cut those parts out.
3) What does your rank, job and location of work have to do with this contract? Again, more noise in your letter that needs to be removed so you can focus on FACTS.

Dealerships are free to have restrictions on what payments they accept, and you are free to choose another dealership who does business in a way in which you are comfortable. Trying to shame them or threaten them to change their business practices is often a battle in futility unless you have SOLID legal standing, and are willing to spend time and *money* on the fight. Most of the time, its just not worth it IMHO.

I'm not really trying to sound harsh, but having been through similar situations many times, I'm just sharing what I've learned.

Hope you can get it resolved, and seriously, thank you for your service.

Cheers,
Kent
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #95
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
How this made it to 4 pages is ridiculous. If you have gone back more than once and they still wont honor your payment from Navy Fed, move on already. Do you really think they will provide you with good service if you do eventually get it from them?
Only reason I am reading/replying is because I'm working and bored.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #96
right to travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
How this made it to 4 pages is ridiculous. If you have gone back more than once and they still wont honor your payment from Navy Fed, move on already. Do you really think they will provide you with good service if you do eventually get it from them?
Only reason I am reading/replying is because I'm working and bored.
Walking away is easy if you dont have money tied into a situation. not so much when you do not impossible though. I would never go to this dealer again if i were to get this car as there are plenty of dealers in my area this one is an hour away. I went there for the best price and trade in value.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #97
skibik

Quote:
Walking away is easy if you dont have money tied into a situation. not so much when you do not impossible though. I would never go to this dealer again if i were to get this car as there are plenty of dealers in my area this one is an hour away. I went there for the best price and trade in value.
Really dude! An hour away and 4 trips! Doesn't sound like you got the best deal to me, let see 4 trips an hour away, 8 hours of driving, gas and time. WOW. You have a piece of paper to get your money back for crying loud dude use it!

Unsubscribed!

Last edited by skibik; 01-13-2013 at 03:57 PM.