Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Chevy salesman says that Chevy will never offer 0% again, true?

A salesman is trying to tell me his sales manager told him that Chevy will never offer 0% financing again, true? I feel like towards the middle of every the summer I always see the remaining leftovers (which always seem to be the pricier 2SS's around my area) being advertised at 0% financing through Chevy. So is it true that those 0% deals are no more? Seems like a very good incentive to unload older stock when newer model vehicles are sitting right next to it. Why would they do away with it?
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Salesmen work for the dealership, not GM.

Ask GM if it's true. Don't rely on a car salesman to tell you the truth. He's not your buddy, after all, he just wants your dough.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
A salesman is trying to tell me his sales manager told him that Chevy will never offer 0% financing again, true? I feel like towards the middle of every the summer I always see the remaining leftovers (which always seem to be the pricier 2SS's around my area) being advertised at 0% financing through Chevy. So is it true that those 0% deals are no more? Seems like a very good incentive to unload older stock when newer model vehicles are sitting right next to it. Why would they do away with it?
GM doesn't make the decision on APR, the banks do.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #4
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I feel he's talking about the "0% or XYZ" deals
Old 06-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Then who makes the decision to only offer it on left overs and not every vehicle? And why would a bank want to offer 0% anyway? What's in it for them? What's in it for Chevy is that it's a GREAT incentive to get someone to buy the leftover that's been sitting there collecting dust unwanted because there's newer models sitting next to it. But what's in it for the bank? Does the banks get a kickback off the sale of the vehicle when they offer 0%? Is Chevy the one taking the loss? I can see Chevy wanting to offer 0% but definitely not the bank...unless there a kickback to the bank off the sale of the vehicle.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #6
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Salesman will say whatever they have to, so you will buy now and not wait for a 0% deal later.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #7
Kent2010

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
A salesman is trying to tell me...
Stop.

Repeat that back to yourself.

'nuff said.
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #8
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Salesman will say whatever they have to, so you will buy now and not wait for a 0% deal later.
Exactly, in general , they are the ones that have tried to make a living on other way but failed
Some become real good at it , most are just there because ,,,,,,
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #9
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Not true. All auto companies will offer what they need to when they feel they need to in order to boost sales. So just about all car offers you have seen you will see again at a some point.

Kind of like furniture stores. Ever know of one that doesn't have a bankruptcy liquidation sale every year?
Old 06-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
Exactly, in general , they are the ones that have tried to make a living on other way but failed
Some become real good at it , most are just there because ,,,,,,
This year I have purchased 3 brand new cars. All different makes and every sales person I came across has only been at their position for a few months. The turnover is crazy and most of the time I have to correct them on information they're trying to sell. My point is, they know as much as you do, and most of the time they know far less.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:18 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
When the bank is owned by GM it does.. Ally bank handles the in house financing for GM. At least they use to, it may be called GM Finance now..

Anyway nobody can predict what offers there will be in the future. So don't believe it for one second.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #12
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
DEFLATION
In the war to stop falling prices the US FED, Euro ECB, Japan Abenomics etc will keep lowering rates (The ECB will now charge you money to store it at a bank???? Trying to get you to panic buy, unreal) I would not doubt 0% loans are soon. But really, what's the difference on a 1.9%, 0.9% or 0% rate at this point?
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #13
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I think what your salesman needed to say but held back to try make the sale is: "GM *may* never offer 0% financing again."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #14
Camaro EMT
10,060 Miles as of 06/21

Drives: ‘10 2SS/RS, ‘17 Colo ZR2, ‘98 Tahoe
Quote:
A salesman is trying to tell me his sales manager told him that Chevy will never offer 0% financing again
I call . Cadillac is currently offering 0% for 72 months on the ATS. Just got an email on it from my dealer today.

Reminds me of the line from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night."
"All bleeding stops eventually." Camaro EMT

Patient: “This is my first time in an ambulance.”
Me: “Mine too.” LOL

Camaro EMT is offline   Reply With Quote