Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
JT_SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS convertible
After a rear end collision

I just got into an accident; I was stopped at a light when a car plowed into me from behind. Luckily I gave myself enough room so I didn’t hit the car in front of me. BTW very surprised on how the car held up the car was going at least 25 mph and the car was not drivable. I didn’t get an estimate yet but it doesn’t look like it did too much damage from the outside. The body lines sill line up on the side, the exhaust tip is bent, I don’t know if that is something that could just be bent back? Is there anything I should be aware of before I get it fixed as far as hidden damages, etc? I’m worried that such a high speed the frame could be bent. Is there recommended places around the Detroit area? My experiences with shops aren’t that good, they always don’t do a good job.
JT_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Chevy69er

Drives: 2011 SLP ZL-585, 13' Silverado
Your going to want to get an estimate with the bumper taken off so the damage can be analyzed. Could be repairable or could possibly need a new rear body panel, hard to say. Go to a recommended shop that your/their insurance recommends but only if they give a life time repair warranty!
Chevy69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
in my 1500 i was rearended same way by a rav4. he was doing 45. all i did was replace bumper and hitch and good to go. gotta love chevy. the bed actually hit the cab. kinda crazy how far the frame flexed and returned. hitch was bent like a pretzel, ball was through the engine and lost forever.

Tags
accident, damage, detroit, rear end