Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #841
CanadianZL1#992
ANGRY Z

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
I think a lot of dealers have this problem. My dealer(salesman) notified me immediately when the carrier arrived with my car. Being the first and only 12' ZL1 they got it drew a bit of a crowd the day it arrived. The salesman followed my requests and secured the keys when it arrived, keys in his pocket. So we are standing in the showroom waiting for them to clear a bay to PDI it when in walks the lot boy looking for the keys. The salesman ask why and said he was going to wash it and go put some gas in it. I turn to him and said not a f**king chance. I drove the car with the mechanic in it for the PDI. The only place my car stays without me is Davenport Motorsports, all of their employees know how to treat a vehicle. I think it's just to tempting for some of these young employees that can't afford a high performance car to take one they have access to so they can brag to all their buddies about it. Hope it works out in your favor. I'd be sick if it happened to me
Old 01-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #842
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
I don't believe I read that on the insurance offer. Geico offered him 43 or 44 thousand something. Dealership kicked in 4k
I was referring to the replacement vehicle.

Also, the initial, after it happened, response by the dealership was basically "sucks to be you"
Old 01-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #843
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2WSS View Post
according to hall of fame this isnt a big deal nor newsworthy, and he should accept whatever the dealer offers and have a smile on his face
So if the dealer offers him a turd, he should take it?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #844
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
I think a lot of dealers have this problem. My dealer(salesman) notified me immediately when the carrier arrived with my car. Being the first and only 12' ZL1 they got it drew a bit of a crowd the day it arrived. The salesman followed my requests and secured the keys when it arrived, keys in his pocket. So we are standing in the showroom waiting for them to clear a bay to PDI it when in walks the lot boy looking for the keys. The salesman ask why and said he was going to wash it and go put some gas in it. I turn to him and said not a f**king chance. I drove the car with the mechanic in it for the PDI. The only place my car stays without me is Davenport Motorsports, all of their employees know how to treat a vehicle. I think it's just to tempting for some of these young employees that can't afford a high performance car to take one they have access to so they car brag to all their buddies about it. Hope it works out in your favor. I'd be sick if it happened to me
Likewise.

I was notified the moment it arrived and since I couldnt pick it up for another couple of days, the salesman drove it to their bodyshop (1 mile away) and secured it in a bay inside and took the keys home with him.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #845
Jonathan Patten
Caffeinated Gearhead

Drives: 2011 SGM V6/RS
Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Patten Send a message via Skype™ to Jonathan Patten
Hoping and praying this turns out well for John... there is no way that a customer should be treated that poorly and be allowed to get away with it.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #846
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Why should he settle for anything less than he started with, none of this was his fault in any way, also where as it was not a claim due to his fault his rates will not be affected.
This. Why should he be forced to settle for less than what he started with when the dealership should be responsible for an employee who abused his position to joyride the customer's car? A law was broken, rules were broken, and the owner of the car should not have any negative recourse whatsoever as he was exercising his pursuit of a warranty claim.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #847
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
I know GM cant force a private dealerships hand but was glad to see this.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/01/...ccident-watch/
WOW, when GM posts that the dealer needs to "gift" a new Z28 to the OP then I can imagine the dealer is getting some heat on this. I've worked in the car industry my whole life and for most of it in new cars at the manufactures level. The manufacture carries the bigger hammer here and while they can't make the dealer do something they don't want to they can make their life difficult. I've seen more than a few times manufactures penalize a dealer by performing "audits" to charge them back $100K's as a smackdown.

**note: my apologies as I didn't know this was another forum and not GM directly.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Last edited by Todd in Vancouver; 01-11-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #848
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
The only good from this whole thing is that I am sure whatever insurance claim is made, the asshat who got fired will owe the tab plus any other recourse. I do not at all feel sorry for him and only wish him to find another job so he can pay the money back quickly and hopefully learn how to respect other people's property.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #849
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
Surprised gm hasn't gotten involved sooner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #850
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I may be mistaken in this but the op won't be getting a free car, he still owes the loan on it and is still making payments, that does not just disappear.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #851
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
GM authority isnt GM its a forum like here.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #852
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
There is a article on yahoo on this.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #853
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplhester View Post
There is a article on yahoo on this.

try post 639 (few pages back)
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #854
papawattz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +2014 El Tigre
Angry

I personally sent a e-mail to the dealer explaining basically how this is a very bad move(not reimbursing him with a new version of his car)Morally and a bad business move, especially now the media has caught wind of it!!

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1