Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
OMG I saw one tonight but something was strange.

First off, damn. Pictures do not do this car justice in every way. This has to be one of the best if not the best car ever to come down the line for GM I was talking to the owner and he said that the car EXCEEDED HIS EXPECTATIONS IN EVERY WAY and they were high going in.

Fully loaded SS with an A6. Now the confusing part. The car had HID's /Halo's but not the rs package

Next year when some come on line used, this is my next and last car
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
He replaced his headlights already?
Old 05-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
First off, damn. Pictures do not do this car justice in every way. This has to be one of the best if not the best car ever to come down the line for GM I was talking to the owner and he said that the car EXCEEDED HIS EXPECTATIONS IN EVERY WAY and they were high going in.

Fully loaded SS with an A6. Now the confusing part. The car had HID's /Halo's but not the rs package

Next year when some come on line used, this is my next and last car
Yes ....it is the RS package -- on an SS/RS, the badging is SS in red. ...on a Non-RS, the SS badging is white.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Are you sure? Was the SS emblem red or silver. If it was red it was a SS/RS. You may already know this but just checking.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Thrill View Post
Are you sure? Was the SS emblem red or silver. If it was red it was a SS/RS. You may already know this but just checking.
It didn't have the smoked tails? , I didn't check the roof, it may have had a red ss......I thought all RS cars had the RS
Old 05-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
It didn't have the smoked tails? , I didn't check the roof, it may have had a red ss......I thought all RS cars had the RS
RS is on V6 with RS package. RS on an SS turns white SS letters to red.
We have solved the mystery.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #8
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:

SS cars with the Rally Sport option do not have RS emblems, only SS emblems.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #9
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I kinda wish it said RS on the SS/RS combo. I am fine with having a red SS, no biggie, I thought it interesting though as I do not recall the classic RS's having an SS badge that was tweaked from that of a normal SS.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
Speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
SS cars with the Rally Sport option do not have RS emblems, only SS emblems.
what about the tails?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
The difference in the tailights between the SS and the SSRS is that the RS is "DARKENED".....NOT SMOKED!! so it is VERY subtle. I saw them next to each other at the NY auto show. The RS ones looked darker red.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
mmbarberoilman

Drives: 2SS, 48 Plymouth, 77 Coup Deville
My SS was to be an RS too, but the Dealer messed it up in ordering. No biggie. The wheels look better, the tailights are just about no difference and the roof strips on an IBM is black and blend in perfect anyway. The headlights look much better than the HID when they are not on. I am sure the Halo is a nice novelty and the HID's are better lights, but for the $1200 difference it is worth looking at again fellas. My Dealer gave me supplier price because of the boo-boo and it cost me $2300 less for the car. The lights are a no brainer in my case. If I need the novelty later I am sure I can get them for a lot less than $2300 with someone else doing the work. The other thing is my lights are fine and DO look better when the car is just sitting. The SS does have white letters, by the way.
mmbarberoilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #13
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
i dis agree that the halogen set up looks better than the HID when they are not on. the glass lens looks great ALL the time. so prestigious. and i love the way the light refelcts off the lens and halos when they are off at night and some one elses lights hit them
Old 05-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #14
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
i dis agree that the halogen set up looks better than the HID when they are not on. the glass lens looks great ALL the time. so prestigious. and i love the way the light refelcts off the lens and halos when they are off at night and some one elses lights hit them
Yea, I agree the Halogens look way meaner than the old fashion looking headlights on the non-RS models!