Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
Prospective Buyer

Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
Is this a good deal? EDIT -No, it's not.

I've been searching for Camaros everday now, yea I have a problem so what? So anyways I found this one and was wondering if the miles were a problem? If I am going to get an SS then used it the way to go then.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Thanks for the responses guys, I just didn't really check this out. I've found a bunch more with lower miles and lower prices.

Last edited by Prospective Buyer; 06-24-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
RS1017

Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospective Buyer View Post
I've been searching for Camaros everday now, yea I have a problem so what? So anyways I found this one and was wondering if the miles were a problem? If I am going to get an SS then used it the way to go then.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
I would try to bring that price down a bit more

but it seems like a good deal to me!

edit: 27k miles is almost nothing btw
RS1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Prospective Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1017 View Post
I would try to bring that price down a bit more

but it seems like a good deal to me!

edit: 27k miles is almost nothing btw
How much do you think we could bring it down? BTW, I'd let my uncle do all the talking. He is great with that kind of stuff. He gets one the phone and lowers the prices down between two different dealerships right infront of the salesmen. But he drives a Pilot so
Old 06-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
RS1017

Quote:
How much do you think we could bring it down? BTW, I'd let my uncle do all the talking. He is great with that kind of stuff. He gets one the phone and lowers the prices down between two different dealerships right infront of the salesmen. But he drives a Pilot so
i dont know to be honest. when i go car shopping i walk in with a ton of research and even then sometimes they wont budge.

i mean it really depends on how good you guys can haggle. thats one thing i hate about car shopping..everyone is always trying to screw you..and if you dont want to get screwed then you have to be an ass.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I personally wouldn't buy a car with that high of mileage but it should have plenty of good years a head for it. Found my 1LT on autotrader with 3K miles and got it for about 7K less than new ones were going for at local dealers. there are good deals out there, you just gotta be willing to search daily and be willing to travel a couple hours if need be to get what you want at a moments notice! drove two hours on a saturday morning after working a 12 hour shift on friday to get mine, small price to pay!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Purdue2011SS
Boiler Up!! POTFH

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
seems like a ok deal, but not steller

i say if u can get it for $28k or less then it might be worth it
Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
RS1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I personally wouldn't buy a car with that high of mileage but it should have plenty of good years a head for it. Found my 1LT on autotrader with 3K miles and got it for about 7K less than new ones were going for at local dealers. there are good deals out there, you just gotta be willing to search daily and be willing to travel a couple hours if need be to get what you want at a moments notice! drove two hours on a saturday morning after working a 12 hour shift on friday to get mine, small price to pay!
this.

i buy all my cars new. but, you really cant beat a deal on a used car. you save a ton of money
Old 06-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
Bobbyosto

Drives: 2013 Camaro & 2012 Corvette GS
You must be kidding. Look at that car, the front wheels have a ton of brake dust, looks like it's been beat up. Please look elsewhere it's not a good deal.
Bobbyosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #9
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Quote:
i dont know to be honest. when i go car shopping i walk in with a ton of research and even then sometimes they wont budge.

i mean it really depends on how good you guys can haggle. thats one thing i hate about car shopping..everyone is always trying to screw you..and if you dont want to get screwed then you have to be an ass.

Completely untrue statement.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
Prospective Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyosto View Post
You must be kidding. Look at that car, the front wheels have a ton of brake dust, looks like it's been beat up. Please look elsewhere it's not a good deal.
I just figured I'd wash it off This one intrigued me because it's an 1SS no? So I was wondering how it got the leather.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #11
RS1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
Completely untrue statement.
if you say so. when i bought my car the salesman literally lied to my face concerning a rebate, and when i pulled it up on my phone and stuck it in his face he recanted almost immediatly.

however, thats not to say that there arent non jackass salesman out there. im sure there are some that dont try to screw you off the bat. ive never encountered one though
Old 06-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #12
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Quote:
I just figured I'd wash it off This one intrigued me because it's an 1SS no? So I was wondering how it got the leather.

that much mileage in such a short time is a big draw back to me, but if your mechanically inclined then it might make sense to you. Me personally I wouldn't let the urge to get an SS blind me to the wear and tear on it.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
Old 06-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #13
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Quote:
this.

i buy all my cars new. but, you really cant beat a deal on a used car. you save a ton of money

I usually buy new also, the only way I could afford it "NOW" was to shop around for a deal and going as far as I could to make it happen. 3000 on a car is nothing really, and to me it was as good as new with most of it's warrenty in tact. best car I have ever owned!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #14
RS1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I usually buy new also, the only way I could afford it "NOW" was to shop around for a deal and going as far as I could to make it happen. 3000 on a car is nothing really, and to me it was as good as new with most of it's warrenty in tact. best car I have ever owned!
yeah usually when the dealer has one lying around with like 2-5k miles on it they are also more likely to drop the price a bit than they would with a brand new one. i bought a tahoe a couple years back..had 3k miles on it(demo) and i got like 5kish off sticker.