Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2009, 01:04 AM   #113
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
I don't know how many things can be wrong with the car that they have to scrap the whole thing smells fishi. I'm not saying GM has anything to do with this.
You suggesting Ford had something to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Nice sig. Mark Martin should have got a Chevy years ago, he'd have more wins.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:08 AM   #114
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
BigSlik

Can you list the options you ordered. Which model were you waiting for? Color? Give all the details so other that are waiting for something similar will know that there could be a potential problem.

Also, a similar problem came up when my brother ordered another GM car. They gave him an engine upgrade to satisfy the wait. (he ordered a v6, they gave him a HO v8 for the same price)

Thanks for the info and sorry to hear your going to have to wait awhile longer for your new baby.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:27 AM   #115
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlik View Post
So I just got off of a conference call with my dealer and our regional GM Rep. They had some troubling news. Come to find out my car didn't pass quality inspection so GM is taking back the car and I am being forced to place another order. Apparently there were just to many problems with it so.... It was on of the ones on quality hold in Michigan #971.

But I was reassured that when my order gets put back in, it will be bumped to the front of the line and I should have it in a month or so. The dealer is letting me get a couple of add ons, on them, so all will be well, hopefully. But what a frustrating morning. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.
I read most of the thead... did I miss it?

WHAT'S YOUR VIN DUDE?
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:23 AM   #116
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
So I just got off of a conference call with my dealer and our regional GM Rep. They had some troubling news. Come to find out my car didn't pass quality inspection so GM is taking back the car and I am being forced to place another order. Apparently there were just to many problems with it so.... It was on of the ones on quality hold in Michigan #971.

But I was reassured that when my order gets put back in, it will be bumped to the front of the line and I should have it in a month or so. The dealer is letting me get a couple of add ons, on them, so all will be well, hopefully. But what a frustrating morning. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post

WHAT'S YOUR VIN DUDE?
Sometimes you find answers in the most obvious places...
Old 04-30-2009, 06:32 AM   #117
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:

Take my car at GMS. I'll take your slot in Tennessee. (I'm serious.)
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #118
Rock

Drives: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Something sounds a little off.
1) why would you have to re-order, when the screw up is GM side. Only thing they "Might" have to do is re-issue a new VIN. You should not have to do any more paperwork to get the car you first ordered. It's like paying for a cheeseburger only to find out you got a chicken sandwich. Do they ask you to reorder a cheeseburger at the counter? No they take the chicken sandwich back and give you a cheeseburger.
2)I Find it more likely that someone either a) wrecked the car or b)paid a lot of money to get that car. Explains why you need a re-order. These days a lot of money will buy you friendship from a dealer.

Anywho:
If it is an actual Quality problem, glad they caught it. As to a poster's question earlier about how can only one be a failure while the rest are perfect. Human error is what causes most failures, especially in my line of work since we build everything by hand. You can have an Operator build 10 Aircraft harnesses and 9 can be acceptable and 1 just has everything going wrong. Shorts to ground, Broken Connectors, Damaged backshells/adapters, damaged wires, Improper laser 2d Marking, Improper Etching, Metal braid damaged, Improper coverage of Metal Braid. Lead too Long, Lead too short, etc etc. That's why there are standards with minimum and maximum variances. Nothing's perfect, ever. What you want is, is it acceptable according to your Layout Instructions/Blue Print, and would you use it as it is?
Just to be curious what was the cause for a total scrap?
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:13 AM   #119
slacker
Troubled 40 something

Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
Reading through this thread, I can tell many of you guys have never worked at a dealership, or dealt with car haulers in general.

My bet? Some guy loading it on the hauler dropped the ramp on it and crushed it. I've actually seen that happen to a '94 5.0 Mustang, at the dealership, with the joyful new owner looking on as his "new car" was being unloaded....either that or it got damaged in test drive as someone else eluded to.
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:22 AM   #120
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
You suggesting Ford had something to do with it?

Nice sig. Mark Martin should have got a Chevy years ago, he'd have more wins.
No, I'm saying the dealer is up to something. Theres always the few out there that give the rest a bad name.

Last edited by fireresq157; 04-30-2009 at 07:45 AM.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #121
robby

Drives: 02 B4C 6M
The possibilitys are endless.....Failed water leak test, misstamped panel,
Burnthrough welds, components misaligned that are not adjustable nor acceptable.
It goes on and on.
Failed cars usually end up as training aids, either at G.M. or public schools.
Altho it happens, they are rarely sent to the crusher.
I was at the G.M. Tech center for a few weeks and the crusher was just down the street.
You'd see what appeared as perfectly fine cars/trucks ride a carrier in, and you'd see perfectly FLAT new cars hauled out.
Always wondering, What made that one not pass muster.
To the OP...I am POSITIVE, G.M. did you a favor, they are not in business to not get your car to you.
I find it rather comforting they didn't give you some cock and bull story and, you should too.

It'll be worth the wait!
Rob
robby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:06 AM   #122
BigSlik

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PewterPhil View Post
I have the same dealer as BigSlik. I do not know anyone at this dealership personally. After my initial dealings with a salesman, I have been dealing directly with the purchasing manager only. After hearing this from Slik, I am about to start bugging the crap out of these people. I have been extremely patient with them. I have not called them for an update in a month in an effort to be a patient customer. I am now worried that this may be the wrong tactic and I will need to stay on their ass to do what I can to make sure I see something fishy coming my way. I am going to let them know that I am aware of what has happened to Slik and that I will be calling every week from now on for updates. I was at 3000 as of 4/1 and I was told that I was number 4 in line at the dealership.

This has me a little worried Slik. I just don’t see why they didn’t go ahead and get another car to you right away. Having to go through the entire reorder process does not seem right. But honestly, I don’t know enough about the business to have an opinion that matters.

Man, I know this really must suck but hopefully they will do the right thing and get your car to you without the delay time of a full reorder.

Have they mentioned anything to you about the number two and three slots at our dealer? Have you heard how far along those customers are?

Keep us up to date with any new info and good luck.
I shouldn't have to wait through the entire order process again. Supposedly once GM receives the order it is getting prioritized to the front of the line to get it out as soon as possible.

All I know is that the #2 guy's car is on its way to the dealer.
BigSlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #123
BigSlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
BigSlik

Can you list the options you ordered. Which model were you waiting for? Color? Give all the details so other that are waiting for something similar will know that there could be a potential problem.

Also, a similar problem came up when my brother ordered another GM car. They gave him an engine upgrade to satisfy the wait. (he ordered a v6, they gave him a HO v8 for the same price)

Thanks for the info and sorry to hear your going to have to wait awhile longer for your new baby.
My order was as follows:

2SS/RS - Silver Ice
Manual
Inferno Interior
Polished Aluminums

...nothing crazy
Old 04-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #124
BigSlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post

WHAT'S YOUR VIN DUDE?
it was #100971
Old 04-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #125
hellraiser

Drives: benz
Quote:
Originally Posted by djo165 View Post
You're probably not the only one. This is one reason why I'm hesitating to order one. First year products can sometimes have more problems. Don't know if I want to deal with the headache.
1st year product always have problems, combine that with workers on the gm line who dont know if they have a job or not on a daily basis, pissed off at managemet they may lose there benifits, pay, job how much care will really go into those cars?

And what about parts for future, if gm is not there? I'm going to wait a bit to see what happens before dishing out 50g's..
hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #126
CurtG

Drives: 350z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
I'm thinking the dealer sold the car out from under you! I would keep an eye out for that VIN!

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Probably mad they made a promise to sell at MSRP and want more money.
CurtG is offline   Reply With Quote