Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #15
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Your girlfriend is one lucky girl..
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #16
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Touching does not bother me one bit, but you would not ever catch me at a car show either (I don't understand them). We had a cruise night in my hometown back when I was much younger, and someone tried to sit on the glass rear deck lid on our '69. I asked her to please not do that, and she moved on. Guys, there just cars. Touching them is not going to kill them.
They're not just cars. They're an investment, they're a passion, they're a culture and they're a particular way of life. For some of us it's a way to escape daily life. I like taking my Camaro and my 71 Chevelle to car shows and watching people enjoy what I enjoy. Nothing makes me smile more than someone telling me that my cars are beautiful. Little sense of pride and accomplishment. I grew up at cars shows having a parent with various muscle cars and street rods, it's just engrained into to appreciate without touching.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #17
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
When I had a red car I didn't even care, now that I have a black one..I carry a duster with me...
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #18
purv24

Drives: Black 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Your girlfriend is one lucky girl..
I'm sensing sarcasm lol.

And if you're in okc I'm working by Duncan... Stay in Norman on my work weeks
purv24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #19
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
The no jeans trick is genius, you guys are seeing it wrong. I'm going to start making the wife take her pants off before getting in.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #20
BlazinJake
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro 3.6L V6
I'm the same way... I absolutely hate it when someone touches my camaro... of course as irony would have it, my wife and daughter are the biggest offenders!
BlazinJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #21
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by purv24 View Post
Whenever I show someone my car.... Unless they're a real car enthusiast themselves... They always touch the car, on the back. And especially on the fenders when looking under the hood....

This makes me feel like someone is walking on my white carpet with muddy boots.

Also... I get mad at my girlfriend if she closes the door when getting kit without touching the plastic trim piece. She leaves finger prints on give glass and door all the time.

And she's not allowed to wear jeans in the camaro either cause the rivets could scratch the leather (that ruined my trailblazer seats.)
That must slow things down when getting in the car, where does she put the jeans after she takes them off?
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #22
purv24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
That must slow things down when getting in the car, where does she put the jeans after she takes them off?
She shows up to the camaro
In the proper attire
Old 09-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #23
oustaz

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by purv24 View Post

Also... I get mad at my girlfriend if she closes the door when getting kit without touching the plastic trim piece. She leaves finger prints on give glass and door all the time.
And she's not allowed to wear jeans in the camaro either cause the rivets could scratch the leather (that ruined my trailblazer seats.)
Pathetic
oustaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #24
Raysmaro

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro
I get the jeans thing, I don't think ill ever be that strict to tell my gf that she can't wear jeans i just showed her how to get in and out of the car the right way! haha
Raysmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #25
purv24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysmaro View Post
I get the jeans thing, I don't think ill ever be that strict to tell my gf that she can't wear jeans i just showed her how to get in and out of the car the right way! haha
Well I showed her how! I also showed her how to close the door, and she still can't do that right.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #26
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
The no jeans trick is genius, you guys are seeing it wrong. I'm going to start making the wife take her pants off before getting in.
My thinking exactly!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #27
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
My wife opened the passenger side door against a unprotected bike handle. It scratched up badly but after I calmed down I realized I put worse scratches when I track the car so meh...

After 4 kids and 15 years of marriage it's all good. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #28
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Touching is one thing. Sliding you hand down the side of the car is what kills me. And it's always when it's dusty.