Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-28-2014, 09:35 AM   #15
Valpo1

Drives: 2014 CRT 2LT/RS Convertible
California is a beautiful state. I'm not sure what the correlation is between weed and the gentleman's ticket.
Future winter car...pending
Valpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #16
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLmanTN View Post
good luck in court
Not worried about my state isn't ran by nazis.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #17
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
the more I read about California the more I feel for the people who live there...I have never been, but I just can't imagine living in a place that's so contradicting...lets legalize weed, but you cant put long tubes or blacked out tail lights on your car...I know weed brings the money in, but seriously think about it..California is ridiculous
What is really sad is California is where lots of the greatest hot rodding innovations came from. Now people have to bail to AZ and NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valpo1 View Post
California is a beautiful state. I'm not sure what the correlation is between weed and the gentleman's ticket.

Let me see if I can connect the dots for you. I believe the comment was pointing out the lack of consistent logic, not uncommon in a place so heavily regulated, between allowing the use of marijuana (something illegal at the federal level) but denying the use of tinted taillights, something seemingly much less potentially harmful.

I dislike both marijuana and tinted taillights myself, but I don't feel either should be illegal. I realize the marijuana is supposed to be used for medical purposes, but that is not reality and it is much more difficult arrest someone for driving while stoned (as Colorado is finding out). The good news is they are generally doing 55 in a 70, so I just blow right by.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.

Last edited by CamaroCracka; 10-28-2014 at 10:03 AM.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:00 AM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Yeah you may be able to see them pretty well at night when they are on but I have been behind cars with blacked out tail lights during the daytime when it's sunny out and you could hardly see them on when the brakes were applied. Some people don't even think about that.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #19
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
A ticket for that? Crazy.
They should just take the car away.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #20
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
What is really sad is California is where lots of the greatest hot rodding innovations came from. Now people have to bail to AZ and NV

Let me see if I can connect the dots for you. I believe the comment was pointing out the lack of consistent logic, not uncommon in a place so heavily regulated, between allowing the use of marijuana (something illegal at the federal level) but denying the use of tinted taillights, something seemingly much less potentially harmful.

I dislike both marijuana and tinted taillights myself, but I don't feel either should be illegal. I realize the marijuana is supposed to be used for medical purposes, but that is not reality and it is much more difficult arrest someone for driving while stoned (as Colorado is finding out). The good news is they are generally doing 55 in a 70, so I just blow right by.
The key here is to get high instead of blacking out your taillights. It's a far better use of your money too!
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #21
Raysmaro

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
No sir! Not a fix it tickets its a actual ticket. Its $239! Crazy!! Its painted not tinted.
Here are mine. This is the second time i got pulled over for mine. The first one was a fix it ticket. This highway patrol wanted to be a D bag and put non correctable so the ticket will be higher.
Attached Images

Raysmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #22
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysmaro View Post
Here are mine. This is the second time i got pulled over for mine. The first one was a fix it ticket. This highway patrol wanted to be a D bag and put non correctable so the ticket will be higher.

Well being right does not make the patrolman a "D bag." They are non-correctable, right? I mean, they warned you once, and you were unable to make the correction... therefore, it's a no brainer that it is an non-correctable offense.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... shame on me.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #23
Manbearpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Well being right does not make the patrolman a "D bag." They are non-correctable, right? I mean, they warned you once, and you were unable to make the correction... therefore, it's a no brainer that it is an non-correctable offense.

Love these threads man.

"I tinted my taillights and got a ticket, baw."

"It's the state's fault..."

"It's the cop's fault..."

"My cop was a D-Bag..."

How about just don't tint your $%^#ing taillights? Maybe there's a reason for all that hate.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #24
Raysmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Love these threads man.

"I tinted my taillights and got a ticket, baw."

"It's the state's fault..."

"It's the cop's fault..."

"My cop was a D-Bag..."

How about just don't tint your $%^#ing taillights? Maybe there's a reason for all that hate.
Instead of worry about ****ing taillights they should be worrying about other things happening on the road, such as speeding, texting while driving ect...

I like the look. Im not speeding or doing anything close to a traffic violation but just because my car draws attention and I'm young i feel like they are just D bags. Not all cops because I've been pulled over a couple times and they don't say anything.

I'm not complaining about the ticket because ill end up fighting it anyway and getting the ticket written off and paying 25 dollars for the fix it ticket. Im worrying about them pulling someone over just for some dark taillights.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #25
Raysmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post

Yeah they might have warned me, but no way in hell am i gonna waste money on rebuying new lights for the car. When i tinted the taillights i made sure to not make them to dark, so that you can clearly see the lights when i brake.

If it was a non-correctable offense then it should of been the something with my window tint that I've been pulled over 3 or 4 times for. Like i said this guy wanted to be a di**.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #26
Manbearpig

Quote:
Instead of worry about ****ing taillights they should be worrying about other things happening on the road, such as speeding, texting while driving ect...

I like the look. Im not speeding or doing anything close to a traffic violation but just because my car draws attention and I'm young i feel like they are just D bags. Not all cops because I've been pulled over a couple times and they don't say anything.

I'm not complaining about the ticket because ill end up fighting it anyway and getting the ticket written off and paying 25 dollars for the fix it ticket. Im worrying about them pulling someone over just for some dark taillights.
Newsflash, I'm young too. I drive the same vehicle. I've never been pulled over.

The law doesn't work in your favor because you're doing "most everything" right. It's all or nothing. They can pull you over and "be d-bags" because that 2% of your car that's violating the law is still violating the law.

Don't want to be harassed? either change your preferences or suck it up. You don't get both.

I'd be interested to see a statistical comparison of how often tinted taillights cause accidents next to speeding and texting and how often the three correlate.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #27
MikeInVegas

Drives: 2013 2SS
Trans Ams around 1979 had factory blacked out tail lights that were very bright. I don't remember how it was done, but certainly somebody could resurrect 40 year old technology for today.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #28
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Yeah they might have warned me, but no way in hell am i gonna waste money on rebuying new lights for the car. When i tinted the taillights i made sure to not make them to dark, so that you can clearly see the lights when i brake.

If it was a non-correctable offense then it should of been the something with my window tint that I've been pulled over 3 or 4 times for. Like i said this guy wanted to be a di**.
Are we sure its the cop that's being the d-bag? How much are new tail lights vs. all the tickets you are going to get? What if someone hits you from the rear, and they deem it your fault? I might be looking at lights.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote