Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-01-2014, 09:05 AM   #29
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Skip shift eliminators crack me up. What a waste of money! Wind out 1st gear a little and you will never ever have an issue. I have no SSE and have never missed a shift to 2nd.
Apparently that's exactly the problem - aside from it being unnecessary, you may not be able to run 1st out to 20 or more everywhere without attracting unwanted attention. 20 is definitely more than I'd run 1st out to under many conditions in any of the cars we've ever owned.

Most of my relatives still live in SE MA not too far from Mansfield, so I still get up there from time to time. IIRC, "thickly settled, not otherwise posted" is 30 mph in MA, which is a bit more liberal than what residential neighborhoods (or gated communities) elsewhere consider "reasonable and proper". I know I've seen residential neighborhood speed limit signs for 20 and even 15 here and there.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #30
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
I invite all those over-reving, short shifters, non-grammy drivers to try their shifting skills while driving in Hoboken
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #31
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
It's just a 2.2 ohm resister ,.50 cent at radio shack .All it will do is trick the Cags into not engaging. Never , not once have I ever heard of it F***ing up the trans.
I've been on this forum every day for the last 3 years and this is the first time I've seen someone has complained about the skip shift eliminator creating issues with the transmission.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #32
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
A gm tech pulled me aside and said , yes that skip shift sensor let's you shift in any gear, but it also opens up those same blocking plates at high rims also if I bring it in again with that on it will void my warranty! At first I called bulls hit and put it back on and sure enough second gear grind at about 5k so about a week ago I removed the eliminator and it's does not give me any type of problems what so ever !!! I would like to see some input on this ?
The SSE has nothing to do with grind issues. There is a selonid on top of the trans that blocks the shifter for emission purposes. The skip shift eliminator bypasses that seloniod so it will never engage. Has nothing to do with the blocker rings. Most GM techs don't even know what blocker rings are as anyone can be a GM tech by passing a test. For those SSE doubters ...there has never been one mention of this before in 5 yrs of the forum; if you still doubt get in touch with Tremac
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #33
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
The SSE has nothing to do with grind issues. There is a selonid on top of the trans that blocks the shifter for emission purposes. The skip shift eliminator bypasses that seloniod so it will never engage. Has nothing to do with the blocker rings. Most GM techs don't even know what blocker rings are as anyone can be a GM tech by passing a test. For those SSE doubters ...there has never been one mention of this before in 5 yrs of the forum; if you still doubt get in touch with Tremac
Well said ,and 100% correct and accurate .
Old 11-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #34
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Apparently that's exactly the problem - aside from it being unnecessary, you may not be able to run 1st out to 20 or more everywhere without attracting unwanted attention. 20 is definitely more than I'd run 1st out to under many conditions in any of the cars we've ever owned.

Most of my relatives still live in SE MA not too far from Mansfield, so I still get up there from time to time. IIRC, "thickly settled, not otherwise posted" is 30 mph in MA, which is a bit more liberal than what residential neighborhoods (or gated communities) elsewhere consider "reasonable and proper". I know I've seen residential neighborhood speed limit signs for 20 and even 15 here and there.

Norm

Don't get me wrong, I don't race off the line winding out 1st. I am cammed with longtube headers. You can easily accelerate in 1st to 15 to 19 with the vehicle at 21 percent throttle or more (as described in the manual) and not invoke the 1 to 4 shift. I haven't activated this since Nov 2011. I have not drawn any attention from the police. Even if I am a little louder.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #35
Mike's 2ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Sorry to troll - looking for this eliminator and can not find it. can anyone point me in the direction of where to purchase the eliminator.
Mike's 2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #36
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
This is the one I'm running:

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/slp-sk...iminator-21008
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #37
Mike's 2ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Is there a discount for members when ordering from JDP?
Mike's 2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:17 AM   #38
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
$10.99 + free ship. I bought one off ebay 4 years ago and no issues. Same for 3.5 years on my SS
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2518742...&ul_noapp=true

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote