Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #1009
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
yeah taking th front end off is cake! did it when i had to install my color changing halos on my black camaro, took it off when i installed new grille on my white camaro.. and took it off again when i got the rideskinz bumper put on.
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #1010
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
could you adopt me George? ....BWAHAHAHAHAHA.............I just want to be put on your mod budget
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
I'm single and still broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
I feel your pain. (not single but not married ether)
alright... well how about being single and banking BAH and paying 500 for rent for a 3 bedroom house! lol

also.. i dont have alot of bills... but liked ive been saying.. this is it.. this is my last year of modding.. i cant keep this going.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #1011
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
I'm married but no kids...someone to split the monthly bills and no-one needing financial support.

Scotty B
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #1012
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

hahaha see scotty can still make it work! lol
i might just be broke.. screw eating! all i need is my mods... NOT
food comes first!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #1013
blink
dave

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
hahaha see scotty can still make it work! lol
i might just be broke.. screw eating! all i need is my mods... NOT
food comes first!
First food, then sex, then mods.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #1014
blink
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
Its actually not difficult at all. All you need are three to for tools. I pulled mine off myself. There is a thread on how to do it in the DIY section. There is also a video on youtube. I recommend jacking up the front of the car, and removing the front wheels and wheel well lining. It will make the job a lot easier and faster.
I'm gonna follow the DIY on here. I do wish I had jacks though to get the front up but I don't. I'm gonna take the front off today and get in the headlights so when the halos come in tomorrow I can just right to them.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #1015
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
I'm gonna follow the DIY on here. I do wish I had jacks though to get the front up but I don't. I'm gonna take the front off today and get in the headlights so when the halos come in tomorrow I can just right to them.

I didn't jack up mine when I pulled the front end off. I had issues converting to RS headlights so I literally had the front end off 5 times. Did it myself and just turned the steering wheel to one side when I was undoing the screws on that side. I left the wheel well liner in too. There's one of those plastic plugs at the top that if you take that out, it'll give you enough room to pull it out and reach up in there. There's only one bad bolt and it's the top one of the three vertical ones that are on each side. Once you get that one, there's nothing to it. Good luck!

Ben
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #1016
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
This thread is not delivering the goods here.

When?
Is the next meetup?

Where? Is it going to be held?

Who? Is going to Cruzin OC here in a couple weeks? I know I am going and I'll be at the Maryland Speed meetup at Hooters.

Who? Is going to the Riverfront show in next month? I'm going this year I've decided to not go to the Nascar race.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #1017
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
This thread is not delivering the goods here.

When? Is the next meetup?

Where? Is it going to be held?

Who? Is going to Cruzin OC here in a couple weeks? I know I am going and I'll be at the Maryland Speed meetup at Hooters.

Who? Is going to the Riverfront show in next month? I'm going this year I've decided to not go to the Nascar race.

Okay Jeff, first you have to show up when I schedule a meetup.......BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The May meetup will probably be replaced by the cruise at OC...... the 19th is the only time I might be able to squeeze something in, but ocean city is just too far away. Obviously, can't make the Riverfront show....... maybe I can see about the weekend in the middle of June. I leave on vacation after that.
Brian at Firestone is still planning on having a show there for us....right now it will either be in Aug or Sept. There is also the South Jersey show and the Wheels and Wine show just south of Dover that take place around that time (aug/sept) plus the 2nd Dover race in late sept.

If someone else wants to put something together earlier......by all means go ahead I won't be offended if it happens when I am working.....my schedule is pretty tight for the next few months and I feel bad about the lack of dates available to me to get all of us together.

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 05-02-2013 at 02:13 PM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #1018
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
When is the Riverfront show?
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #1019
blink
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by motley1987 View Post
When is the Riverfront show?
It's June 2nd (sunday) in wilmington. I think the rain date is the 9th. Pre-reg $20, day of $25.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #1020
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
meh...you dont need to jack the car up...didnt even take the wheels off when I did it...

Scotty B
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #1021
Sketch

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
meh...you dont need to jack the car up...didnt even take the wheels off when I did it...
I didn't ether, but it would had made it easier.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #1022
blink
dave

Well today probably went as bad as it could have. Took the front bumper off, headlights out, baked, and opened. Everything ready for the halos. The halos get here and I instantly notice one of the wires isn't attached to the halo. It must have ripped off somewhere along the line (the wires were tightly wrapped around the halo when it was shipped). So I figure ok I'll just solder it back on. Nope, go to solder it and there was nothing to solder the wire to. The little bit they had must've fallen off when the wire got seperated.

Long story short, I'm stuck with one working halo, and a front end taken apart. I wrote them a nasty email, hopefully they do something about this (meaning send a new halo overnight would be nice) so I can get my car back together. Until then, I guess I'm keeping the cover on the car and riding my bicycle to work.

Along with that, I tried plasti-dip for the first time. The finish was good and everything, but when I went to remove the tape, the paint just stuck to the tape and peeled up in most the spots. I don't know what I did wrong. I pulled the tape up before the last coat dried like everybody says to do. I'll post pictures of how bad it is tomorrow when I'm a little less frustrated.