Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #911
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Hi everyone. I'm still here lurking in the background and am still at it as usual.

Good to see every ones progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heydownhere! View Post
I'll check the book out. Might be able to find it for my Kindle...

I'm going to be brutally honest. Prepare to cringe.

I've lost weight in the past. I've counted calories, cycled calories, portioned out food, made meals the night before, etc.

Right now, we don't eat that great. We don't eat terrible, but we don't eat that great, either. We just moved in together around the end of May, and with me unable to find a job yet, money is tight. We live off ground beef, sausages, and pasta. Lot of carbs. I did buy myself a bag of frozen vegetables, and I do have chicken I eat sometimes. I normally cook whatever it is we're having while Mike is still asleep, eat my portion (I measure out 1 cup, then 1 cup of vegetables, too), and send the rest off with him for lunch. I might have air popped popcorn later in the evening. Also, when I lived at home, I guzzled water like a fish. Well water. Here, the water taste horrible. I do my best and leave it sit out in a jug overnight so some of the chlorine taste is gone, and I'm slowly starting to drink more and more.

I exercise 4 days a week while he's at work. I prefer tae bo, yoga, pilates -- essentially cardio, but I do a few tapes that incorporate some weight training. I'm using canned food right now in lieu of weights though. I start my tapes around 8pm when he leaves, and finish around 9:40-10pm. Occasionally I'll throw in another tape later in the evening, especially if I give in and eat something bad.

I know my plan needs fine tuning. Last year before we met, I was really on the ball. I lost about 27lb, and then I had family issue that made it impossible to continue, and gained it all back. My depression became the worst it's ever been, and I'm only now beginning to pull myself out of that hole and make changes again. Baby steps, though, I guess, right?

I think that's about it for now. Thanks for listening.
It seems like you have an idea on what is needed to succeed at fat loss, you just have to implement it and stay motivated.

You do have to count and measure to some degree and food choices are very important.

Exercise is also a key element but yoga and pilates won't do. You have to step it up and burn calories and with weight training you must use heavy enough weight to challenge your muscles.

There are many posts with what a proper meal should be, diet plans etc. skim through them and or post your current eating and exercise in a bit more detail and we can make suggestions. Or you can ask anything you would like to know, once you get started posting here and getting tips and input from others will help in keeping you motivated as well.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #912
Heydownhere!
Zabo's arm rest

Drives: The Silver Car
My main question for the moment is how do you deal with saying no to people? I get so tired of it. They push and push, until I have to start getting bent out of shape...then the mood is ruined and I look like a $#¥&^.

ETA:

I just don't understand people. I really do try, but people always ALWAYS derail me, and I let them, because I just don't know what else to say after they've shot down every excuse I have and won't even take "no" for an answer. I don't know what they don't understand about "You know that tray of brownies still in my oven from last week? Yeah, you need to take them or eat them, because I'm going to throw them out. I don't want them." How can you immediately after say, "ooh, cookies. Want to make them?" NO! I don't want cookies. I don't want brownies, either. I was good and I had 2, last week. I haven't touched them since. I don't WANT them.

When it comes to food I get really...weird. I want to do things my way, when I want to do them, how I want to do them. I hate that I get this way, because I really shouldn't get so upset about food, but when people start interfering with my food and my schedule my anxiety sky rockets. Especially when I just said I'm not hungry, and I'm trying to lose weight. I don't want it. Ask me 10 different ways and I STILL won't want it.

It just really, really upsets me and nobody seems to understand. I feel like I'm being backed into a corner and I don't like it. This is my home, and I shouldn't have to feel this way anymore because I should be able to control what food comes in.

Long story short, I ate a slice and a half of pizza and bread sticks tonight, and I'm not pleased with myself. Stupid, empty calories.

From now on, it's my way, or no way. I am so done with giving in. I'm going to sleep now. :/

Start again tomorrow.

Last edited by Heydownhere!; 07-05-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Heydownhere! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #913
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Hey there.

It's not a New Years resolution I made, however I am finally going to really be addressing my weight.

I'm not going to divulge much right now, however the reason I'm going to North Carolina is specifically to lose weight. I'll be out there for 6-8 months, and I expect to have some nice "after" shots.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:32 AM   #914
fig88

Drives: 2015 1LE
i know this is mainly about losing weight but i'm still working on gaining 10 more pounds! still working on it and still going strong!! from 165 to 175!
fig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #915
CFD

[QUOTE=Heydownhere!;6752467]My main question for the moment is how do you deal with saying no to people? I get so tired of it. They push and push, until I have to start getting bent out of shape...then the mood is ruined and I look like a $#¥&^.

JUST SAY NO !!!!, lol.

It's easy for me to tell you what, when and why to eat but making bad choices is something you have to deal with. Unless your family/ friends are holding you down and force feeding you then it's on YOU, not them. Think like this, get on an elliptical or tread mill for about 30 min. Work hard, well beyond your comfort zone. Now, the next time that measly 2x2 browny is in front of you remember the 30 min on the treadmill because that's what it takes to burn of the brownie WITH NO PROGRESS towards your goal.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #916
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fig88 View Post
i know this is mainly about losing weight but i'm still working on gaining 10 more pounds! still working on it and still going strong!! from 165 to 175!
I'm assuming the weight gain you are refering to is muscle gain, if so,there is not much difference between the two, only a few hundred cals. If you're just looking to " gain weight" then eat heydownhere's brownies and you will both succeed.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #917
Heydownhere!
Zabo's arm rest

[QUOTE=CFD;6752895]
Quote:
My main question for the moment is how do you deal with saying no to people? I get so tired of it. They push and push, until I have to start getting bent out of shape...then the mood is ruined and I look like a $#¥&^.

JUST SAY NO !!!!, lol.

It's easy for me to tell you what, when and why to eat but making bad choices is something you have to deal with. Unless your family/ friends are holding you down and force feeding you then it's on YOU, not them. Think like this, get on an elliptical or tread mill for about 30 min. Work hard, well beyond your comfort zone. Now, the next time that measly 2x2 browny is in front of you remember the 30 min on the treadmill because that's what it takes to burn of the brownie WITH NO PROGRESS towards your goal.

That's true. And honestly, the pizza kind of sucked. Don't know whether it was the pizza itself, or the fact that I'm just not craving it anymore. Same with the brownies. I thought I'd give in and have one the other night, took a bite and it just didn't taste that great so I spit it out and went on my way.

I found a healthier recipe for Hamburger Helper tonight, with the last of the whole wheat noodles we had. I think I'm going to hit the store up after I'm out of my last batch of frozen hamburger (sunday?), and head to the store; try a whole week of home cooking to see how I like it. I think, for the most part, it will be easier than I thought. I just rarely do it.

And tonight I'm just going to do a full body work out instead of just upper body...still feel guilty about last night.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #918
CFD

[QUOTE=Heydownhere!;6754090]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post

That's true. And honestly, the pizza kind of sucked. Don't know whether it was the pizza itself, or the fact that I'm just not craving it anymore. Same with the brownies. I thought I'd give in and have one the other night, took a bite and it just didn't taste that great so I spit it out and went on my way.

I found a healthier recipe for Hamburger Helper tonight, with the last of the whole wheat noodles we had. I think I'm going to hit the store up after I'm out of my last batch of frozen hamburger (sunday?), and head to the store; try a whole week of home cooking to see how I like it. I think, for the most part, it will be easier than I thought. I just rarely do it.

And tonight I'm just going to do a full body work out instead of just upper body...still feel guilty about last night.

Cooking in bulk is a great way to insure good healthy meals that meet your nutritional needs. The thing is you must know how much of what to eat. Do you know or are you winging it?

You can post up the recipes you are trying/using and I can analyze them for you and possibly make adjustments if needed.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #919
Heydownhere!
Zabo's arm rest

I just follow what the recipe says, and then I eat around 1 cup, sometimes less. I know the actual Hamburger Helper boxes say 1/4 cup, but I'd rather just eat 1 cup, that way I don't have to eat twice (seems too heavy for me to eat in the evening) and I can find something like air popped popcorn for a snack later in the evening. I have a whole folder on his laptop full of recipes. Tonight I made this one:

http://freezeyourwayfit.blogspot.com...hamburger.html

I only used half a pound of hamburger though. A whole pound has always proven to be too much for us. Skipped the broccoli since we had none and made up some of those frozen veg as a side dish, and used a little less than a cup of cheese...didn't feel like opening my last package lol. I also liked this one because I can make it without milk, and we run out of milk fast!

But I think I liked this one better:

http://iowagirleats.com/2012/01/26/bachelor-food-redo/

I'm looking through a few things posted here, and I also just started checking SparkPeople's recipe corner. We typically eat some type of Hamburger Helper-esque meal, or something with noodles and brat/mettwurst. I want to try something different once in a while.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #920
CFD

Quote:
I just follow what the recipe says, and then I eat around 1 cup, sometimes less. I know the actual Hamburger Helper boxes say 1/4 cup, but I'd rather just eat 1 cup, that way I don't have to eat twice (seems too heavy for me to eat in the evening) and I can find something like air popped popcorn for a snack later in the evening. I have a whole folder on his laptop full of recipes. Tonight I made this one:

http://freezeyourwayfit.blogspot.com...hamburger.html

I only used half a pound of hamburger though. A whole pound has always proven to be too much for us. Skipped the broccoli since we had none and made up some of those frozen veg as a side dish, and used a little less than a cup of cheese...didn't feel like opening my last package lol. I also liked this one because I can make it without milk, and we run out of milk fast!

But I think I liked this one better:

http://iowagirleats.com/2012/01/26/bachelor-food-redo/

I'm looking through a few things posted here, and I also just started checking SparkPeople's recipe corner. We typically eat some type of Hamburger Helper-esque meal, or something with noodles and brat/mettwurst. I want to try something different once in a while.

They aren't the worse I've seen, a little high in saturated fat, if using the turkey then the saturated fat is from the cheese, substitute it with a reduced fat cheddar and the saturated fat content will drop making it better. It is also a high starchy carb meal so would be better for a mid day meal than later in the day. Try to stick with fiberous carbs as the day progresses. Reason being unburned carbs are stored as fat so eating them earlier in the day will use them as fuel rather than storing them as fat.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #921
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Well....

Back from 11 days in Mexico

Put on 15 lbs and I had a wonderful time putting it on lol 190 when we left....205 yesterday.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #922
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
[COLOR=black][COLOR=darkred]This would be the place to help. Be prepared though for a lot of questions about your current diet and activity level and the need to make a lot of permanent lifestyle changes in both.
And be prepared for tough love

Quote:
I'll check the book out. Might be able to find it for my Kindle...

I'm going to be brutally honest. Prepare to cringe.

I've lost weight in the past. I've counted calories, cycled calories, portioned out food, made meals the night before, etc.

I exercise 4 days a week while he's at work. I prefer tae bo, yoga, pilates -- essentially cardio, but I do a few tapes that incorporate some weight training. I'm using canned food right now in lieu of weights though. I start my tapes around 8pm when he leaves, and finish around 9:40-10pm. Occasionally I'll throw in another tape later in the evening, especially if I give in and eat something bad.
Check out body for life by Bill Phillips. Use as a "general guide".

If you have done it in the past why did you stop?

Incorporate free weight training.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #923
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Good to see people making healthy decisions with their lives. Far too many people could care less.

I've always been a fairly slim guy at 6'5 200lbs. Most of it is genetic fortunately for me. I've played ice hockey as long as I can remember, though the last few years I've struggled with back problems. It made me lazy, I began drinking a lot and I ate like crap. Over the last few months I've been getting back into shape playing hockey again, cycling, hitting the gym and even running which is something I've hated my entire life. It's amazing what affect your diet has on you. I've completely cut beef of any kind out, I eat fish or chicken mostly and take in as much fresh produce as I can. My back is still hurting but with some visits to the chiropractor and exercise it's become manageable.

I have to say at 30 I feel better now than I have in quite a few years. My motivation comes from my girlfriend I met 6 months ago. She runs every other day and hits the gym in between. She's been more of a blessing to me than she'll ever know.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
What part of your back is hurting? Upper, mid, or lower?

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #924
Slapshot

Drives: 2010 2SS
Low, I've got sciatic nerve problems from bulging disc's. It's getting better but I have a ton of tightness in my low back ever morning getting out of bed. Takes a few hours to wear off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote