Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #1
Ryguy
Small Town Gov't Hero

Drives: '07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
Unhappy My Worst 24 Hours Ever

So I had the worst 24 ever back on September 25-26th.

I decided to take my 2010 Camaro V-6 LT2 with 6 speed manual transmission to work that day. Typical normal work day. I leave work, drive back toward home which is about 25 miles or so. I stop at one friends house to drop something off and then was on my way to another friend's house.

I pull up to a stop sign and as I'm pushing in the clutch, I hear a pop and the car stalls. I was able to get it to restart, but the clutch peddle would not come up off the floor and I could not get the car out of 3rd gear.

I tried everything from pumping the peddle, pulling up on it, tapping the side of it with my foot, but it wouldn't budge. Finally I turned the car off, got out and was able to pull it up slightly using my hands. When I got back in, I was able to get the clutch to engage and disengage, but only traveled maybe an inch. I was able to get the car to go into 2nd gear, but it would not go into 1st. I was able to get the car going and headed home using back roads so I could avoid traffic and red lights.

I got the Camaro home and parked it in the street for a minute so I could pull my S-10 out of the driveway. I had just driven the S-10 the night before, so I was very angry when it would start. It was trying to turn over but was acting like it did not have any fuel, even with 3/4 in the tank. Finally I gave up, parked the Camaro behind the truck.

To make matters worse, a few days earlier I had started some work on my Beretta and had the top of the engine all torn apart so I could replace a leaky valve cover. So at this point all 3 of my cars are out of order.

I get a friend to pick me up and take me to the auto parts store to get a new fuel filter and some other stuff for the truck. I got back, and I placed a couple of bricks behind the truck since I was going to work on it. I spend all night trying to get the S-10 started and nothing seemed to work.

Next morning comes around and I try to get the Camaro out of gear. Nothing works. The peddle is stuck to the floor again and it won't come out of gear. I can't pull the peddle up or anything. I call GM roadside support and they agree to send a tow truck. They advise me it could take up to an hour. I decided to use my time waiting to work on my S-10. Shortly thereafter my dad shows up.

The 2 of us try everything we can think of with no luck. At one point he gets in and puts the truck in neutral and tries to start it that way. No luck, truck still doesn't start. I decide to climb up and kneel on the radiator support so I can reach to the back and check the distributor cap. Dad leans against the front of the truck so he can shine the flashlight onto the back of the engine bay. That's when it dawns on him that he got out of the truck without putting it into park... and as he states this, the truck begins to roll back over the bricks and on to... you guessed it... my Camaro.

2113 miles on the odometer at that point. I owned a wrecked 2010 Camaro with a seemingly bad transmission. I spent the next 45 minutes trying to get the truck jacked up and off the front of my car, and then getting the car jacked up and rolled back. Just as I got that finished the tow truck rolls up. The tow truck driver gets in the Camaro and is able to get the clutch peddle up by pumping it two times (this method did not work for me, only him...). He then pops the hood and checks the brake fluid and it's very low, yet there were no leaks. He tops off the fluid and then tells me that I'd be better to drive it to a dealer for 2 reasons: 1) he had a flat bed tow truck and he was concerned that the Camaro was too low to get it on there (not sure why that was an issue, but at this point I was in no mood to argue) 2) the dealer they instructed him to tow me to was closing in 7 business days and he knew they wouldn't get it fixed that quickly.

We started the Camaro and we were able to get it in and out of gear, but the gear shifter seemed very stiff and the peddle was very spongy. So I didn't drive it and decided to wait until the Insurance Adjuster could come out. I put new plugs and wires on the S-10, a new distributor cover and checked every vacuum hose, wire, etc. and S-10 still would not start. Since it was Saturday night I gave up on it and went out with my girl... only to have her dump me for her ex from 5 years ago...

I guess I was numb from everything else, because I just didn't care. I didn't touch the truck on Sunday the 27th until about 7 PM. It started fine. I haven't had a problem with it since... what the hell?

I made my 2nd car payment on the Camaro on Monday the 28th.

The adjuster came out on Tuesday the 29th. After the adjuster gave me the quote for the car, I called a friend of mine that works at another Chevy dealer and he had me bring it in. I got it there on October 1st. They determined the issue was with the Master Cylinder and the Slave Cylinder. Because there are not many parts in the system yet, they could not find the Slave Cylinder. After a week of trying to secure one, the dealer contacted GM and GM decided to ship a new transmission instead. This morning (October 13th) the dealer called me to tell me that the new transmission and Master Cylinder had been installed and that I could pick up the Camaro. It seems to be fine. All under warranty and didn't cost me anything.

I drove the Camaro straight to the body shop that is going to do the repair. They anticipate 2-3 weeks to get the parts in, maybe more, maybe less... So I might have it back by November. God, I hope so, because I miss my car. :(
Attached Images

Ryan

Imperial Blue Metallic 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
FxsX24

Drives: S10 283 V8,Jimmy 4wd 4dr bk/bk
well that sucks, sorry for the issues

look into getting a new coil for the S10, my have moisture in it causing the no start condition

on the good side, looks like you need a bumper cover on the Camaro and some paint for it

eh, looks like you may need a grill too
FxsX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
Tsudy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM
Yeowtch... that sounds terrible! On the flip side of the coin, it can really only go uphill from that, right?

Perhaps good things are coming your way =)

0000: 06/06/09 (order placed with dealer) Country Chevrolet
1100: 06/08/09 (preliminary order accepted) #NKMWTD
2000: 09/09/09 (order accepted by GM)
2500: 09/09/09 (order preferenced)
3000: 09/14/09 (order accepted by production control) TPW 09/28/09
3300: 09/20/09 (order scheduled for production)
3400: 09/23/09 (order broadcast)
3800: 10/01/09 (order produced)
4000: 10/01/09 (available to ship)
4200: 10/02/09 (shipped)
5000: 10/15/09 (delivered to dealership)
6000: 10/15/09 (delivered to customer)
Tsudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #4
WyteMamba
SStang Killer

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro SS/RS
thats just a horrid day, i cant even imagine. talk about an FML episode. good luck with repairing all the bs, and f' that bia! the camaro wont dump you, spend money on her.
WyteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:06 AM   #5
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
wowwww, I feel like you should get some kind of medal for surviving all of that...

hopefully things will start to look up for you soon man, hey, at least the s-10's running
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #6
Camaro accountant

Drives: 2002 Torch Red Mustang V6
Can't believe the s-10 would get so pissed. Haven't been giving it enough attention it decided to show you. I could understand if you would have purchased a mustang but the camaro is even making the other chevy's jealous. lol. sorry to hear about your car. hope it gets better
Two other bikes to young to remember.
Sold the last bike to make room for the camaro.
Camaro accountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #7
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
that really sucks dude
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Ouch
Old 10-14-2009, 01:27 AM   #9
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I have a Sonoma and Camaro so I feel for ya. I love them both. They will be okay soon enough. It sucks but time heals all wounds and sheet metal. Nice car I like IBM it's the same color as my truck very nice.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #10
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
I hope it all works out soon.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:24 AM   #11
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
WOW, what's that old saying, If it wasn't for "Bad Luck" I would have no luck at all. Hope everything is going better for you now dude.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #12
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Well at least no one showed up and kicked your dog too....

That's horrible man. Only up from here. And Camaro5 has your back!
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #13
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Man what can you say other than thank God there are only 24 hrs in a day
If I where you I'd blame your parents seems to work for everything else Glad your getting your rides straightened out, and by the way Girlfriends..... who needs em when you have a camaro it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel soon enough
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #14
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Seems things started to get better once the girlfriend was gone...

Sorry for your troubles.
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote