Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
AVman

Drives: 07 avalanche/White2SS/RS M6
Funniest camaro responses.....Whats yours

Besides the honking, yelling, and thumbsup I know everybody here that owns one has got several to tell.
I was cruising down the road the other day and had a car coming up from behind swerving through traffic,when it finally caught up beside me the windows on their car came down and four different arms came out the windows with cell phones taking pictures while we were both cruising down the roadI don't know how many people were packed in that little car but they were laying all over each other trying to snap a shot.
I also had another guy this past friday night yelling out of his window to please pull over so he could look at the car so i ended up pulling over at starbucks.(wish someone would have done this for me before i got mine)When i got out the guy was going nuts checking it out and taking pictures and asked if he could sit in it so i let him and about the time he finally got out everybody that was sitting outside drinking coffee had to come and check it out also.Took me 45 minutes to finally get out of thereI'm glad to see people love the car as much as i do.....
AVman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Cyrenn

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVman View Post
Besides the honking, yelling, and thumbsup I know everybody here that owns one has got several to tell.
I was cruising down the road the other day and had a car coming up from behind swerving through traffic,when it finally caught up beside me the windows on their car came down and four different arms came out the windows with cell phones taking pictures while we were both cruising down the roadI don't know how many people were packed in that little car but they were laying all over each other trying to snap a shot.
I also had another guy this past friday night yelling out of his window to please pull over so he could look at the car so i ended up pulling over at starbucks.(wish someone would have done this for me before i got mine)When i got out the guy was going nuts checking it out and taking pictures and asked if he could sit in it so i let him and about the time he finally got out everybody that was sitting outside drinking coffee had to come and check it out also.Took me 45 minutes to finally get out of thereI'm glad to see people love the car as much as i do.....
Thats awesome: ) Ya we'll have our fair share of haters: ) But tons of peeps that love the new camaro. I got a pretty cool story as well, I got pulled over by two cops, all they wanted to do was take pictures and ask about the car. Good times.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
KK2010SS
Budafinger

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I have a similar story. I was driving down the interstate and see a car flying up behind me, weaving in and out of traffic. Finally he catches up and pulls beside me. His son in the back seat holds out a Bumblebee Transformer toy and starts pointing and waving like crazy. I laughed about it all the way home.
2019 ZL1 Riverside Blue Metallic VIN #041
KK2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
MDHinDenver
2 Camaro RS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Mine is a 2LT RS, 6M in ABM. There are definitely not too many Camaro's around yet in the Denver area but truly feel that the color makes the car stand out even more. Sometimes I feel the car gets TOO much attention. I get a little paranoid if parked in a lot and people are walking up to it and touching it and glaring into the windows etc.

Anyway ... here is my best story. A month ago I had both my new and my '68 Grotto Blue RS in a car cruise parked next to each other (and let me say that the new one got 100% more attention than the old). Anyway ... there was this 10 year old kid who just absolutely fell in love with the '10 Camaro. His parents had a car at the cruise too but the kid hung around me and the car for practically the entire afternoon. I told his parents that they now know what they need to buy the kid for his next birthday. I think the highlight of his day was when I let him sit in it. I truly feel that kid will remember that day for a long time considering the smile on his face!

I have had a great time with it and unfortunately this weekend will be its last until the spring.

I do love getting the thumbs up and the neck bends practically every time I drive it!
MDHinDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I was riding with 3 of my freinds the other day in a Honda Civic and we saw a guy speeding and driving recklessly so we sped up through traffic and all stuck our phones out the window to see who could report him to the cops first. He was in a really cool looking car. I got his license tag. The cops are going to pick him up this afternoon.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
brooks35

Drives: 57Chevy TrailblazerSS 73Camaro
I was sitting with the wife in a McDonalds lobby eating lunch...looking out at the Camaro parked in the lot. Two Kids drive by and circle back around and park. They walk to the Camaro and start checking it out. One of them walk around to the back and points. He then jumps in the air like a jumping bean and calls his buddy to the back of the car and points at it again. The two then walk into the McDonalds and begin asking who owns the Camaro. They finally make it to use and we tell them that it is ours. The jumper says "Thats the baddest car in the world. It is the first SS that I have seen." He then asks "Isn't it like $100,000.00?" We laugh and tell him it isn't quite that much. They then went back outside and took several pictures before finally leaving.
brooks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
formuladan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Had the garage open one day and my neighbor walked by. He looked at the car for a minute and then said "nice Mustang". Man-card = revoked.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I was a bit overwhelmed to be honest at first. I knew it was going to be bad but not this bad. My first day i got it i parked it in my brothers driveway people stopped in the middle of a busy road to check it out. A vette followed me when i picked it up checking it out he would pass me then let me go around him this went on for quite a while. A little kid while checking it out almost drove into a ditch staring at it. I can not park it any place without people coming up and asking about the car. Getting gas can take forever if its busy
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #9
AVman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I was riding with 3 of my freinds the other day in a Honda Civic and we saw a guy speeding and driving recklessly so we sped up through traffic and all stuck our phones out the window to see who could report him to the cops first. He was in a really cool looking car. I got his license tag. The cops are going to pick him up this afternoon.

lol good one
Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
AVman

Quote:
Originally Posted by formuladan View Post
Had the garage open one day and my neighbor walked by. He looked at the car for a minute and then said "nice Mustang". Man-card = revoked.
Ha! I had that happen to me at the drive through at wendy's from the young girl working at the window
Old 10-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #11
Rally_Yellow

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
I've only had it for a few weeks and people don't seem to do much but stare at it, but today a little kid was literally jumping in his seat pointing at my car saying "Look Daddy! Look Daddy! Wooow!"...made my day.
Rally_Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #12
04ssSilverado

Drives: above `12 zl1 #780
i have two that stand out to me.first was a few days after i got mine; it was a sunday morning,stopped at a red light,older black caddy pulls up next to me,70-80 year old black guy dressed to the teeth,honks and says"is that the new mustang?". i just smiled and rolled up the window and waited for the green light.2nd,getting gas, 20 something guy with a mazda 3 next to me ask if "it" has the srt-8.i said this is achevy not a dodge,he says oh yea,so is it the 4.6 or 5.0.
04ssSilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #13
JayhawkSS
Autobot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I was at a gas station today and a guy popped out from the other side of the pump and asked, "is that the new Chevelle?!" I'm like no, its the new Camaro. *sigh*
JayhawkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #14
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
The one that sticks out to me the most was when I saw the guy with a GTR.

I kinda like the GTR, So I go up and tell him nice car, etc etc. He gave me that Sh*tty "yeah I know" kinda attitude. He then asks me what I drive. I tell him the Camaro. He tried smacking me with the "does it transform" lulz. I told him, yeah but if I push the button it would void my warranty. First time I've ever internet b*tch-slapped someone in person before. I LOVED watching his face go from happy to confusion to finally realization.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote