Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
wayneworld

Drives: Gmc Denali /2SS IOM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to wayneworld
Cool How long?

My question is how long does it take to make a car? The reason I ask this question is my dealer told me yesterday that I could get my car as early as March 13th? I was thinking more around late April early May. He also said that you will not see any SS cars on the lots only the RS you may see a few. The SS is order only at start. Is any of this true??
wayneworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneworld View Post
My question is how long does it take to make a car? The reason I ask this question is my dealer told me yesterday that I could get my car as early as March 13th? I was thinking more around late April early May. He also said that you will not see any SS cars on the lots only the RS you may see a few. The SS is order only at start. Is any of this true??
I think people said on here earlier that Oshawa could pump out 200-300 or more cars a day at full production. So it just depends how fast they can ramp production. As for no SSs, I can't imagine that, but can't confirm or deny affirmatively.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
The date is possible but unlikely as I've always been told it takes anywhere from 4-8 weeks after the order starts production.

As for the SS, well that's
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
My dealer said you will not see any SS cars on the lots at first; the SS is "order only" at start.
GM has expressed an expected production split of 65% to 70% V6 Camaros and 30% to 35% V8 Camaro SS models. They are planning for this because it is approximately the same split Mustang has experienced the last few years. However, pre-orders driven by enthusiasts have been for a much higher percentage of SS Camaros. Because of this, your dealer is probably correct that all early SS production will be used to fill orders and it will be a while before there are any SS Camaros available in dealers' stock, other than the dealers who choose not to pre-sell their allotment so they can submit stock orders in December for SS Camaros to mark up over MSRP before supply catches up with demand. Dealers deliberately ordering for stock this way will still get their cars delivered in the order sequence dictated by their allotment quantities, even though they are for stock and not pre-sold to customers.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:09 AM   #5
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Just wanted to add that the RS is not the V6. RS is an appearance option available on the V8 or V6.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #6
gzmo

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
He probably meant LT
gzmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss camaro