Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
ludeakris7

Drives: 2001 Honda Prelude
Camaro SS vs 370Z vs Mustang GT vs BMW 135I

I'm new to this forum and I am seriously considering the Camaro SS. My other choices are the 370Z,Mustang GT and BMW 135i. After test driving the SS a few days ago I fell in love with the nasty V-8. And was very impressed with the car overall. My plan is to purchase next summer so I'm throwing some questions out there to owners of each of the cars I like. GM has verified that the 2012 Camaro models will receive some interior upgrades so I personally am waiting to see the new 2012 and if the changes aren't drastic, I can get a deal on a 2011. What specific items annoy you regarding the current interior and exterior that you would like to see changed? And what things do you like and wouldn't want to see altered? I wouldn't call the current interior a deal breaker but am curious to see some opinions out there from people who are in these cars on a daily basis, and thats the true test. I understand its all opinion but most people are in the same ballpark. I appreciate any advice on these various cars and your thoughts. I was on another forum and wasn't getting any responses at all and this site looks more promising. I appreciate any suggestions, opinion and advice.
ludeakris7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeakris7 View Post
I'm new to this forum and I am seriously considering the Camaro SS. My other choices are the 370Z,Mustang GT and BMW 135i. After test driving the SS a few days ago I fell in love with the nasty V-8. And was very impressed with the car overall. My plan is to purchase next summer so I'm throwing some questions out there to owners of each of the cars I like. GM has verified that the 2012 Camaro models will receive some interior upgrades so I personally am waiting to see the new 2012 and if the changes aren't drastic, I can get a deal on a 2011. What specific items annoy you regarding the current interior and exterior that you would like to see changed? And what things do you like and wouldn't want to see altered? I wouldn't call the current interior a deal breaker but am curious to see some opinions out there from people who are in these cars on a daily basis, and thats the true test. I understand its all opinion but most people are in the same ballpark. I appreciate any advice on these various cars and your thoughts. I was on another forum and wasn't getting any responses at all and this site looks more promising. I appreciate any suggestions, opinion and advice.
Welcome to the forum!

I will start of by saying that the Camaro is a great car (duuhhh I own one). I hope your cross shopping a 5.0 and not the 315hp V8 mustang. Here you will recieve lots of positive reinforcement for the Camaro lol. My cousin owns a 2009 135i and has it boosted with a tune intake, downpipes and catback and he has no problem keeping up or passing me in the 1/4. As far as equipment goes the 135 lacks what we Camaro owners get standard as far as price is concerned. But I do find the 135i FUGLY no offence. Mustang is a good car with a great new engine but you will blend in with every other mustang on the road. Whatever choice you do make I'm sure you will not be disappointed and you will still be welcome here!

Good luck!
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
I personally like the interior the way it is although I wouldn't mind a nav system instead of onstar. But I probably wouldn't use that either lol
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
ludeakris7

personally I'm not 100% on the looks of both the 135 and even the new 5.0..the only one I like is the 370 but they are totally different from each other so its hard to compare. I just prefer the v-8 over v-6 which keeps the 370 #2 below the Camaro. My plan if I go Camaro is the 1 or 2 SS depending on the deal but I absolutely am getting the RS package and ground fx to make it unique because honestly most have the normal v-6 without the appearance stuff and I just think it looks sexy with all the trimmings. The 5.0 would need prety much all the appearance options to look ok but I just can't get excited about the overall design. I have a 99GT and love that generation style because it has more edges to it and the new 5.0 is to soft for me...the camaro not soft at all. you get what I'm saying about the stang right? Its the rear end or something that looks funny?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Shift

When it comes to looks, the Camaro pwns all. I dont even notice the 370Z's,Mustangs and 135I's when driving but the Camaro demands attention and when their moving down the road you expect to see a trail of 370Z,Mustang and 135I parts spread over the road behind. It is by far the meanest looking of the 4.

IMO
Old 10-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
ludeakris7

i agree with that and looks are very important to me and the main reason the SS went straight to the top of my list. And the nasty engine doesn't hurt...lol!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Shift

The only thing I dont really like about the car overall is it sounds too timid. They could have stood to put a slightly more aggressive exhaust on the SS. I ordered a cat back the morning after we picked it up.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #8
Cannaro

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeakris7 View Post
Thanks for writing in. I personally would buy the 2011 Mustang GT, since it is the quickest. Some say the solid rear axle is old news, but then you must wonder why it has the best skidpad numbers and out performs the BMW M3 at nearly half the price. The Camaro is a nice car, but it's mainly for looks and straight line speed. Its a bit too heavy to really compete with the other cars you mentioned on a road course. Chevy designed the Camaro off a 4 door platform and therefore it's a bit chunky and outweighs the competition, other then the Challenger of course. Hope this helps!
Cannaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
carcamaro1

Drives: Camaro SS
Interesting
carcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcamaro1 View Post
Interesting
Interesting.............
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #11
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Hmm, Mustang 5.0 out performing the current BMW M3? Not. It did get close though and so would the SS if it were compared against the M3 on a track.

But these two cars are not even in the same class as the M3.

The Mustang is the second best choice out of that group. I had the 135s big brother, the 335i. I did not even consider the 135 or 370z. I chose the SS over the Mustang GT 5.0 after driving them both and going over every detail.

Sure the stock Mustang 5.0 may be be slightly faster and may handle slightly better than the SS. But nothing a few mods can't fix. The Camaro has a stronger chassis and IRS. Once you start modding the Camaro catches up and has the potential to be a better track car at the high end. And the LS3 and L99 are both proven monster motors.

The Camaro is more comfortable to drive, has more room inside, is easier to work on, and gets attention wherever it goes.

And I really wanted a sun roof, not a $2,000 overpriced glass roof.

I am not knocking the Mustang, it is a great car. But the Camaro is the most fun car I have ever owned. I made the right choice for me.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #12
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Hmm, Mustang 5.0 out performing the current BMW M3? Not. It did get close though and so would the SS if it were compared against the M3 on a track.

But these two cars are not even in the same class as the M3.

The Mustang is the second best choice out of that group. I had the 135s big brother, the 335i. I did not even consider the 135 or 370z. I chose the SS over the Mustang GT 5.0 after driving them both and going over every detail.

Sure the stock Mustang 5.0 may be be slightly faster and may handle slightly better than the SS. But nothing a few mods can't fix. The Camaro has a stronger chassis and IRS. Once you start modding the Camaro catches up and has the potential to be a better track car at the high end. And the LS3 and L99 are both proven monster motors.

The Camaro is more comfortable to drive, has more room inside, is easier to work on, and gets attention wherever it goes.

And I really wanted a sun roof, not a $2,000 overpriced glass roof.

I am not knocking the Mustang, it is a great car. But the Camaro is the most fun car I have ever owned. I made the right choice for me.
hummm ya the M3 and 5.0 are a good match up stock vs stock.... do some homework before you post something like this
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #13
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
First get the car model you love the best.

Second whichever you decide on... *cough*Camaro*cough*... can be upgraded. So if something about an interior you don't like... change it! Engines can all be modded and bottom line:

There's always a faster car, and even if you have the fastest today there will be a faster one made tomorrow.

Plus the fact how fast can you really go in traffic???
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #14
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
looking at stock numbers the mustang is the best bang for your buck...
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote