Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 08-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #113
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Hey PQ....could be the POONER's year!!!! See if Landry Jones made the right choice! Should be a good year ....but....

This Pooner fan is ready for some Football!!

Old 08-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #114
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
It well be a tough game for Mich, They lost two more freshmen yesterday for the season . Already week on the depth chart.
It's going to be a very very tough game....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #115
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Michigan will have a tough test against Alabama for sure, but I see Alabama winning probably by 4 points. Just dont know if Michigan can take the run game Alabama will through at them.

One thing is for sure whoever wins the line of scrimage wins the game. Alabama will try to keep Robinson in the pocket and make him throw to beat them and not let his legs beat them.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #116
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
only 4 ? wow the spread should be 10 or more . 12 last time I looked.
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #117
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Yeah that is too much.......It will be a close game I figure. I would be highly surprised if it got to 10 points...unless the defense, special temas score
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #118
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Hey PQ....could be the POONER's year!!!! See if Landry Jones made the right choice! Should be a good year ....but....

This Pooner fan is ready for some Football!!

I agree.

if Landry can step up and injuries stay away this could be a BIG year.

im interested in seeing if Mike Stoops can make that defense what it once was.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #119
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post

I agree.

if Landry can step up and injuries stay away this could be a BIG year.

im interested in seeing if Mike Stoops can make that defense what it once was.
Let's just hope baby McCoy doesn't keep getting knocked on his Ash or it could be another 55-17 beat-down this year.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #120
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Let's just hope baby McCoy doesn't keep getting knocked on his Ash or it could be another 55-17 beat-down this year.
I will tell you like it is.

OU SHOULD run the table and go to the NC game "IF" LAUNDRY I mean Landry steps up and plays to where he should be for his Senior year.
OU has WR's that will step up.

LAst year Landry was basically blind sided by losing his Star WR.
That showed me he had no faith is guys like kinney.
Well over the offseason im sure they fixed that issue.

OU's Defense will get a little shot of Mike Stoops ( depends on injury status during the year ) I hear the depth so far on the roster has been hit by injuries. Mike will add the disipline the defense needed.

it all comes down to how your QB will play and how injuries affect yall.

you also get whaley back.

ASH is Texas Starter however both QB's have made tremendous strides and everyone on the Offense has lots of faith in them both. its not like last year when Ash went out and case came in omg what now!
Texas question will be offensive line....do they come around???????

speaking of injuries we have a few ourselves right now as a few folks may not play the first game just to get back to 100%. I guess the coaches see wyoming not as important as other teams ( dont let it be another Arkansas St from a few years back )

I'm not expecting to much this season as in NC or something like that but I will say I do expect to see 9/10 wins this season and no 4th qtr meltdowns like last year 4 games we had won.

IF we can get that offensive line going and pound our 3 backs bergeron , brown and now gray we should be set.
in the RB department we have POWER(bergeron) Power/speed(brown) and dynamite in a small package(gray) 2 sophmores and a freshman with a Sophmore QB and sophmore WR core which all had Great springs.

ON paper OU should win the RRR as yall are a very much so seasoned team.

you wont hear me say we are going to kick your A$$. All im going to say is we will see we havent even got passed week 1 lol

OH by the way what goes around comes around go ahead talk smack about our QB's lol

NEXT year your QB will be gone and Blake Bell? I think thats him he will be the QB as from what I have heard yall have no one else as far along as him to step up.... isnt he the one who runs the ball in everytime when yall get in the 20 lol
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #121
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Leaving for Dallas in 3 days! Can't wait to see this game. Bama is supposed to win this game but a lot of people overlooked Michigan last year too. They might just come out prepared and get a few bounces their way. Michigan football is definitely back where it belongs and once Hoke has his recruits from the next few classes installed and has great depth they'll be contenders every year. GO BLUE!

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #122
MEDISIN

OUr defense, especially the secondary needs work after last season and I'm hoping Mike injects a dose of fundamentals back into the D. Landry looked lost at the end of last season. Sure losing Broyles was a contributing factor but Reynolds and Stills didn't step-up and do the offense any favors. Losing Whaley made us rather one deminsional - I'm glad he's back and I'm glad they gave him a scholarship. He did more for less than anyone else last season.
Looking forward to seeing what Harsin cooks up for the Tejas offense this season and how TCU and WVU fit into the BigXII.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #123
MEDISIN

I'll be cheering for Meatchicken (makes me feel dirty) but if Bama can contain Robinson, it's going to be brutal as I don't see the Meatchicken defense doing much against a balanced Bama attack. If Robinson plays lights-out it might be a fun one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
Leaving for Dallas in 3 days! Can't wait to see this game. Bama is supposed to win this game but a lot of people overlooked Michigan last year too. They might just come out prepared and get a few bounces their way. Michigan football is definitely back where it belongs and once Hoke has his recruits from the next few classes installed and has great depth they'll be contenders every year. GO BLUE!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #124
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
I'll be cheering for Meatchicken (makes me feel dirty) but if Bama can contain Robinson, it's going to be brutal as I don't see the Meatchicken defense doing much against a balanced Bama attack. If Robinson plays lights-out it might be a fun one!
If shoelace gets into the backfield their not to many Dbs that can catch him because he is fast. Last year Mich corners was not to good and allowed to many passes to be made, hopefully this year the new corners will be better.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #125
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
OUr defense, especially the secondary needs work after last season and I'm hoping Mike injects a dose of fundamentals back into the D. Landry looked lost at the end of last season. Sure losing Broyles was a contributing factor but Reynolds and Stills didn't step-up and do the offense any favors. Losing Whaley made us rather one deminsional - I'm glad he's back and I'm glad they gave him a scholarship. He did more for less than anyone else last season.
Looking forward to seeing what Harsin cooks up for the Tejas offense this season and how TCU and WVU fit into the BigXII.

I agree I think landry has what it takes but I think when he lost Broyles he was kind of shocked and put in the place of WOW now what?????

Whaley needed a scholarship and deserved it 100%. He imo was the main punch in last years Texas/OU game. When yall lost him it did leave nothing but pass pass pass. I do think things could have been just fine if Landry had stepped up and rallied his team. Yeah stills and Reynolds didnt help but imo thats where a leader ( the QB ) steps in and says ok boys lets go!!!!!!

Thats something we havent had since Colt left. Actually we had it a little last year with Fozzy whitikar but when he was lost no one was in the huddle as we are a little young.
They say the team has more confidence in Ash this year as the guy who says lets go. As we all know that dam QB controversary isnt good to have.

Should be a fun year lets hope neither team has injuries and gets to play to full potential.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:07 AM   #126
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
If shoelace gets into the backfield their not to many Dbs that can catch him because he is fast. Last year Mich corners was not to good and allowed to many passes to be made, hopefully this year the new corners will be better.
I don't think you're giving Michigan's D enough credit. They were the #6 D in the country last year. They made a few mistakes here and there (MSU and OSU games) but for the most part they were very solid. That was also with 3 freshmen starting. We lost 3 off the D line but the back 7 will be very good. I just hope both teams bring their best and it's not decided by some fluky crap either way.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote