Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #15
mbacamaross

Drives: 2020 6.2 sierra 2022 zl1 camaro
heres a good read on dynojet and mustang dyno

http://g35driver.com/forums/engine-d...good-read.html

i didnt copy and paste because i dont want to steer off this thread, its just incase someone has any questions about the 2 dynos.

this thread is for people to give ideas an opinions on my specific mods and tune.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #16
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Here you go!
the lower graphlines are the pretune and the slightly higher are the post-tuned.
The AFR that dips LOW is the pre-tune AFR and the steady one is post-tuned

FINALLY! Sorry about that!

2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.

Last edited by litle88; 03-26-2010 at 01:42 PM.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #17
mbacamaross

Lol!! Litle88 u posted my dyno comparison to yours!! Ummm yeah u kick my ass!!!
I ll send u mine only in a few so u can post!! Lol
Old 03-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #18
Mister HP

Drives: Speed Shop owner
Another thing to consider, the Vararam is a true ram air intake, and needs the air moving across the front of the car. Even if the tuner used a huge fan, it's still not duplicating the amount of air going across the front of the car when it's moving down the road.

I have seen this for years on other GM cars with Vararam, the dyno numbers are not much higher than other CAI kits, but the improvements in ET are definately there, usually 2-3 tenths in the 1/4 mile.

hope this helps
Mister HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #19
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbacamaross View Post
heres a good read on dynojet and mustang dyno

http://g35driver.com/forums/engine-d...good-read.html

i didnt copy and paste because i dont want to steer off this thread, its just incase someone has any questions about the 2 dynos.

this thread is for people to give ideas an opinions on my specific mods and tune.
It's all in the numbers you plug into the correction. That's why a pre and post mod dyno tells the actual change. We've all seen DJ and Mustang numbers that have varied quite a bit. Bottom line, if you're happy, that's all that really matters.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #20
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Mr. HP yes I did notice that by the way it seal to the back of the radiator core support and the way the radiator is angled as well. I agree it is a nice unit, so we'll see at the track!
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #21
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Hopefully I can get MBACamaroSS to join the NMRA vs NMCA at Rt66 in July! and represent you guys.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #22
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister HP View Post
Another thing to consider, the Vararam is a true ram air intake, and needs the air moving across the front of the car. Even if the tuner used a huge fan, it's still not duplicating the amount of air going across the front of the car when it's moving down the road.

I have seen this for years on other GM cars with Vararam, the dyno numbers are not much higher than other CAI kits, but the improvements in ET are definately there, usually 2-3 tenths in the 1/4 mile.

hope this helps
Send me an intake and I will prove it if works or not. My two fans combined simulate about 50mph winds. Doing this with the hood open will generate as much air velocity as going down the 1/4 mile with the hood closed. Maybe their intakes simply do not make as much power as they claim....like every other manufacturer on the face of the earth
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #23
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
Send me an intake and I will prove it if works or not. My two fans combined simulate about 50mph winds. Doing this with the hood open will generate as much air velocity as going down the 1/4 mile with the hood closed. Maybe their intakes simply do not do as well as they claim....
Thats what im talking about!

I hope you get all of their versions.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
But his is tuned and on a mustang dyno, yours was a dynojet wasnt it?
Sure was. That's the issue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
Mustang Dyno's typically dyno about 10% "LOWER" than a Dyno jet dyno.

Stock L99's usualy see 315-320 rear wheel hp on a dynojet dyno.

VR Tech
Thanks. That's where I was getting to.
Quote:
Send me an intake and I will prove it if works or not. My two fans combined simulate about 50mph winds. Doing this with the hood open will generate as much air velocity as going down the 1/4 mile with the hood closed. Maybe their intakes simply do not make as much power as they claim....like every other manufacturer on the face of the earth
Or you can try to search "England Green Dyno" with my threads and see several videos of my LS3 SS on a dynojet with the intake and the numbers it made....with ONE fan. Yep...it was nice!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
But his is tuned and on a mustang dyno, yours was a dynojet wasnt it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Sure was. That's the issue!
It was a DYNOmite dynamometer made by Land-and-Sea..

Top of the line...
Old 03-27-2010, 05:45 AM   #26
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Tag ur it, on the dyno sheets you can see it was registered on the dyno with a weight of 3850.
I'm sorry but I've seen your thread with the green Dyno and that's a whole different debate over there. Besides yours is an Ls3 and that's another issue. I just want to see more L99 guys with similar mods to chime in really to compare stats with, I'm sure with the units finally figured out and being shipped that we will see some results. But he is happy non the less.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #27
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:
That's a great idea! This would be a test by an independent person. If you are able to please do it on a stock car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Or you can try to search "England Green Dyno" with my threads and see several videos of my LS3 SS on a dynojet with the intake and the numbers it made....with ONE fan. Yep...it was nice!
Why does everyone who as a Vararam resist another test by an independent person. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #28
mbacamaross

Well i went with vararam because their job on c5's and g8's .. Im happy with it. Performance n looks.. I didnt expect the MAGICAL HP but i did expect a decent gain wich i did get.. Is it the best ? Maybe? Does it perform? Yes! Looks?? Nice.. Anyone want to test it?? Send me a prepaid shipping box n ill send it to you.. Everyone has a prefrence with after market products , with dynos, tuners, but at the end of the day ..
dyno #'s is for show .. Prove yourself at the track!
NUFF SAID!
Am i right guys??