Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 04-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #1
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Michigan Dyno Tune

Looking for suggestions on local shops that offer Dyno Tuning in the Detroit area. Talked to Livernois Motorsports and toured their shop a month or so ago. VERY IMPRESSIVE to say the least. My V6 will probably be the laughing stock of the shop considering all of the other high end vehicles that they were working on but oh well...

Will most likely have them tune my LFX but wanted to see other peoples opinions and experiences in the area before I schedule an appointment.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:53 PM   #2
Ehmsea

Drives: 2013 2SS RS Hurst NPP
No other suggestion for you, Livernois did my car. I recommended them to a friend. We are both very satisfied with their work.

Schedule the apt...

CAI Intake w/washer relocation and race scoop
Ported Throttle Body (Polished)
Kooks LT stepped headers 1-3/4 to 1-7/8
High Flow Cats
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2c Cam Package
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXyCyBh9BU

Hill Start Assist Delete
Ehmsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #3
Gregss1le
Asskicker

Drives: '15 Camaro Blue Velvet Metallic 1le
Motor City Speed

www.motorcityspeedonline.com

2015 Camaro 1ss 1le
1991 Camaro LsX-not stock
Gregss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:16 PM   #4
MurderMaro

Drives: '13 Black 2SS 1LE
Just talked to livernois and they are not accepting any tune only jobs until fall/winter. Their build backlog is too great right now unfortunately. Check out Vector Motorsports in Brighton.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:55 AM   #5
Rock Daddy

Drives: LS Powered Vega
Another for Motor City Speed.

I race a 1000hp NA LS based motor in my Vega and these guys specialize in GM LS setups. They do all of my work. The shop is actually full of 5th Gens when I was there last week.
Rock Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:40 PM   #6
sspade

Thanks for the responses. Disappointing that Livernois Motorsports is booked until the fall for dyno tuning but cant say that I am that surprised. The shop was just about full when I toured. Tons of cars from out of state. Must be doing something right there.

Will look into the other shops mentioned...
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 05-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #7
rgreene1971

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
One big drawback I have found with Livernois is any tune work done will be locked. You will not be able to go to anyone else for anything. I know several people who have had camaros tuned with them and are happy with the work but the fact the computer is locked is a real turn off. You can not even read a code without going to them, that is a big turn off in my book.

I vote for lingenfelter or motor city speed.

COMP Cams XFI Street/Strip, Lingenfelter LS3 Heads, AHR Long tube headers + X pipe, FAST LSXR 102mm Intake manifold, LMR Cold air intake, Flowmaster 3" stainless steel exhaust, NoWeeds Exhaust cutouts, Platinum Valve spring kit, ZEX NOS system 175hp shot, Eibach Pro-Kit performance lowering springs (1" drop all around), Custom grills, bumper ports, etc....
rgreene1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #8
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreene1971 View Post
One big drawback I have found with Livernois is any tune work done will be locked. You will not be able to go to anyone else for anything. I know several people who have had camaros tuned with them and are happy with the work but the fact the computer is locked is a real turn off. You can not even read a code without going to them, that is a big turn off in my book.

I vote for lingenfelter or motor city speed.
This is incorrect on a couple of fronts. Firstly, we don't lock the ECM. We have our own proprietary software that allows us to turn on features and remap features in the ECM that don't exist in stock form. Because of this, your standard 3rd party software suite fails reading it out because it looks for certain responses that are changed when we tune it. but it's not "locked" the way most people think. Secondly, we change absolutely nothing about the code reading or clearing process. even autozone can scan and clear codes no problem after we tune a vehicle. So someone gave you some bad info on that front. But, even with that said, any time someone wants to have someone else tune it, that's no problem. we can always restore it to stock to have them do so, but often the small tweaks that people want are included with our tuners and tuning in the first place, so they often end up paying for someone else to do something that was free or cheaper from us in the first place.
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #9
sspade

Thanks for clarifying that... After touring your facility, I definitely wanted to have you guys tune my car but apparently you do not have any openings for tune only projects until the fall?

Should I look elsewhere or do you think its possible to squeak in there for a tune sometime in the next month or two?
Old 05-03-2016, 08:11 PM   #10
rgreene1971

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports View Post
This is incorrect on a couple of fronts. Firstly, we don't lock the ECM. We have our own proprietary software that allows us to turn on features and remap features in the ECM that don't exist in stock form. Because of this, your standard 3rd party software suite fails reading it out because it looks for certain responses that are changed when we tune it. but it's not "locked" the way most people think. Secondly, we change absolutely nothing about the code reading or clearing process. even autozone can scan and clear codes no problem after we tune a vehicle. So someone gave you some bad info on that front. But, even with that said, any time someone wants to have someone else tune it, that's no problem. we can always restore it to stock to have them do so, but often the small tweaks that people want are included with our tuners and tuning in the first place, so they often end up paying for someone else to do something that was free or cheaper from us in the first place.
Interesting, The person working at the booth for livernois at camaro superfest last year told me after quoting me $1500 to tune my car said it would be locked. Everything I know of livernois has come from livernois, fellow club members, and personal experience. I can have three people I know who have had cars tuned through livernois contact you that can confirm to not even being able to pull engine codes. If this has changed since last year than I apologize for the wrong information.

COMP Cams XFI Street/Strip, Lingenfelter LS3 Heads, AHR Long tube headers + X pipe, FAST LSXR 102mm Intake manifold, LMR Cold air intake, Flowmaster 3" stainless steel exhaust, NoWeeds Exhaust cutouts, Platinum Valve spring kit, ZEX NOS system 175hp shot, Eibach Pro-Kit performance lowering springs (1" drop all around), Custom grills, bumper ports, etc....
rgreene1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:41 AM   #11
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreene1971 View Post
Interesting, The person working at the booth for livernois at camaro superfest last year told me after quoting me $1500 to tune my car said it would be locked. Everything I know of livernois has come from livernois, fellow club members, and personal experience. I can have three people I know who have had cars tuned through livernois contact you that can confirm to not even being able to pull engine codes. If this has changed since last year than I apologize for the wrong information.
this has never been the case. engine codes work exactly the same as stock. reading, clearing, and their actual diagnostic functioning is the same. we purposely do not mess around with OBD-II functionality as that is all SAE standard stuff and we need customers to be able to self diagnose if necessary. Tech 2, MDI, or generic scan tools and loggers all work after we have tuned a vehicle. I would be happy to talk to all 3 people, and this is going to come across in a way I don't intend it to, but all 3 of those people are wrong.
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:56 AM   #12
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
I have had extensive work done at livernois from cam to blower, driveshaft, I have had NO issues concerning reading codes, my first experience was I forgot to close drain valve on my catch can, it threw 2 codes, I went to autozone and they read the codes with no problems, a year later I had a issue with a evap code , at that time I had already purchased a code reader and did it on my own, you can do anything that a stock car has.

also my remote's lost there memory and car would not start. I had my car towed to the dealer and they read the codes with no problem and the programmed the pc for the remotes with no issues.

so autozone/ chevy dealer/ and my reader all read the codes fine !

I also was able to check monitors with my code reader with no issues, so it sounds like your getting bad info.

also just had my e-check in the fall , with no issues !
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote