Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-18-2009, 07:48 AM   #71
Old Timer

Drives: 2005 Chevy Van
Wink YOU ARE THE WOMAN--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve's MistreSS View Post
Update and resolution:

I took your advice and did not drive to the dealership, instead I waited for the owner to call me. He did on Tuesday morning; said he was giving me a "head's up" that GM might not approve the discount. I informed him that I was not writing him a check, that the car was eligible per the ChevyLaunch Site (Thanks Scotty) and reminded him that I was the reason he had 4 other Camaros on order; the difference of $500 that he was bantering about was absurd. He responded, "well I thought it was on the site too". He ended the conversation by saying that he'd get back to me that night or Wednesday morning. No call. Thursday comes....now I was one of 5 people that went in and ordered cars together. Mine was the frist to arrive, because the guys were gentlemen and let the lady's order go in first. The second car arrived Thursday and my buddy brought up my situation to the owner during negotiations and apparenlty gave him a piece of his mind too. I get a call from the owner about my "satisfaction" with the deal and experience with the salesmanship. I tell him that the SALESMAN was great and that my interaction with him (the owner) was fine until he tried to hose me. He then said that he found out the supplier discount was not eligible on 2010 vehicles but that since I went through a Credit Union, GM approved the discount and there was no longer a concern. "We're good to go".
Seriously???? I may be a girl but I'm not a fool. I'll be contacting corporate about his actions.

Thank you all VERY much for your help and input.

On a side note, Bill Heard is where I went first to order my 35th. A salesguy there actually said "don't you think that's a little too much horsepower for you, honey?"
I went to another dealer and when I picked up my car, went back to Bill Heard, parked right in front of the door, walked in to find the POS that spout those words to me and asked him to come outside. I then layed a reminder patch of rubber on the pavement in front of the dealership. I celebrated when I heard they were getting shut down

(Sorry for the long post)
I am very happy for you. Try to always remember, "THAT ALTHOUGH WE MAY HAVE BEEN BORN IN THE NIGHT TIME, IT WAS NOT LAST NIGHT".
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote