Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Base = $46K

Standard 2SS trim with HUD and any extras as options.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #16
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
Sorry, but that's 1960's thinking that cost GM billions of dollars over the past few decades. For them to even try to compete in this world, they need to cut costs. One way to do that is stop catering to minorities who force them to carry more than 1 part that does the same function.

We already have the parts... Im not talking about anything new. Think LT models
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #17
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Start at $48K (1SS trim) and will go all the way to $60K (2SS trim plus extras). I'd think for a 2SS trim level Z/28...around $52K and no other additions.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #18
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
We already have the parts... Im not talking about anything new. Think LT models
The take on those parts is very low. The LS exists only to advertise a low MSRP. Sure a dealer will sell you an LS, but he most likely won't have one of the lot. What he does have is a nicely equipped 2LT+RS automatic for 30k. In the average consumers mind, he's only paying $23k because that's what was advertised and not his full payment.

In order to make more $, they need to sell the ones that make them the most $. The people that buy $50,000 cars aren't hurting for cash. You don't even give the option to save 2-3k on a cheaper model. It hurts your bottom line.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #19
ShnOmac

Quote:
The take on those parts is very low. The LS exists only to advertise a low MSRP. Sure a dealer will sell you an LT, but he most likely won't have one of the lot. What he does have is a nicely equipped 2LT+RS automatic for 30k. In the average consumers mind, he's only paying $23k because that's what was advertised and not his full payment.

In order to make more $, they need to sell the ones that make them the most $. The people that buy $50,000 cars aren't hurting for cash. You don't even give the option to save 2-3k on a cheaper model. It hurts your bottom line.
There are quite a few LS's and LT's on this forum alone....
To each their own and like I said thats just my opinion
Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #20
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Sorry, but that's 1960's thinking that cost GM billions of dollars over the past few decades. For them to even try to compete in this world, they need to cut costs. One way to do that is stop catering to minorities who force them to carry more than 1 part that does the same function.

If most people want leather and HID's, then everyone who buys the car gets them. It will force the consumer to be upsold to the more expensive car, thus resulting in more $ for GM and less money wasted one low production parts.
I agree with much of this. Though I don't want everything, I'd like to see the option to get what I want. I definately want HIDs and leather; HUD would be cool, but it's going to really stretch my budget as it is; assuming I'm even close to the ballpark.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 09-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #21
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicMic View Post
It would have to start at less than 45K.
Why? If the LS is more expensive than the base V6 mustang, the 1LT is more expensive than the V6 premium, the SS is more expensive than the GT, why in the world would the Z28 have to be less expensive than the GT500?

I figure that the Z28 will end up with a sticker starting at $52,500 (give or take $2500). By then, the CTS-V will have also gone up in price, along with the Corvette and GT500. If they de-content the car down to a base LS model, but with a top-grade power train and suspension we might see it in the low 40's. But since top of the line models these days have to have practically everything that lesser cars have and more, I highly doubt this would happen.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #22
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
If this thing starts under 45, I'm there. Fingers crossed!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

I hope Killers' wrong, but those look like "reasonable" numbers.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #24
ShnOmac

Well CTS-V base price is $58,575 .... So you figure minus some luxurys out of that and there ya go. Not so technical now is it....
Old 09-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #25
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Unless GM changes direction, we should expect to see at least two trim levels on the Z28. One would be a bare bone pure muscle and the other fully loaded top end version. As for price, again I would predict GM’s behavior, based on their prior behavior, I think we can safely assume they will want to under price both the GT 500 and the SRT8 and still provide better performance and more horsepower.
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #26
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
The GT500 starts at $46k. GM has never priced the Camaro at or below the price of the competing Mustang. They have always been more and they most likely will not break that habit now. I can see the base Z28 starting around $48-$50k with a higher trim level starting around $55k.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #27
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
Unless GM changes direction, we should expect to see at least two trim levels on the Z28. One would be a bare bone pure muscle and the other fully loaded top end version. As for price, again I would predict GM’s behavior, based on their prior behavior, I think we can safely assume they will want to under price both the GT 500 and the SRT8 and still provide better performance and more horsepower.
What GM wants is the car is to be priced as high as possible and people still buy it. They will maximize their profit that way.

A 2010 SRT8 Challenger MSRP is $42,XXX. There is a 0% chance a premium, limited edition Camaro 2 years away will be under that. In fact, the 2010 GT500 is 5-10 thousand dollars more than an SRT8 Challenger. They're not even in the same class because of this price difference.

With Chrylers current dismal state, look for the Challenger to be discontinued within 2 years and the company fall into their inevitable bankruptcy again.

Last edited by alrox; 09-24-2009 at 08:32 PM.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #28
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
Sorry man, But that is not possible. Every trim level of the camaro is more expensive than an equivilant mustang, the same will be for the Z28, it has always been that way. In no way shape or form could Gm sell a 550+hp camaro for under 42k and still be profitable and out perform the competition. Rember Ford is uping its game and are bringing the Heat next year, The 2011 Gt-500 will switch from an Iron block to an alluminum block, which will take about 100lbs off the nose, giving it even better handeling and acceleration. Ford's 5.4 v8 is going away, so a supercharged 5.0 32 Dohc V8 is a no brainer sooner or later.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote