Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-26-2009, 04:42 AM   #1
Timisaiah

Drives: 2005 Black HUMMER H2
Unique Vehicle

To me, the 5th Gen Camaro looks so unique. An Im going to get one but there is only one thing Im not too sure about. I keep hearing stories of people pulling over the forum members who already have the car just to see it. An I think thats cool. But it seems like this car is almost too popular. Almost as if everyone is going to go out and get it as soon as they can. I just don't want a car that everybody else has. Almost like what happened with the 05' Mustang. Will we be seeing these cars everywhere in 6 months? Are they going to become like ants? Thats why I love cars like the Audi R8 and Saleen S7. I know they are in a different league but Im just trying to get the point across. They don't lose their "uniqueness" because you don't see them everyday. An the Camaro seems like it's gonna be a repeat of the 05' Mustang launch. I just hope Im wrong, because I really love this car. An by the way, this issue is not a factor in me getting the car at all. Im already going to get one. Im just curious about this subject. What do you guys think?
Old 04-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
thebiz198

Drives: car
yes, they will be like all over like v6 mustangs in a year. audi r8s and saleen s7s are rare because they are also rediculously expensive. if they cost 30k then they would be all over as well.
thebiz198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
JSkibisky

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
... will they be all over in six months ?? ... probably. I understand what you're saying... you don't want to see your car driving at you every time you're on the road... but, it is still better for GM and the long term viability of the Camaro if they sell a boatload of them. So, let's hope we see a lot of them on the road !!!
JSkibisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #4
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Actually, I think it might happen, but it will take 3-6 years for it to really look like the mustang/charger mess. Something like this doesn't happen until there is plenty of stock at the dealer lots. I'm talking about new and used stock, but mostly used. Keep in mind that your average used mustang now a days can be had for around $15,000 or under. It will take a while for your average V6 Camaro to have a lower value like that. Yes, it will lose value once you drive it off the lot this year, but nothing like what it will be a few years from now. It has become more affordable to the masses befor it can be everywhere

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:23 AM   #5
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
The new Camaro is a unique vehicle which will not be for the average person like a honda or toyota sedan. 9 out of 10 cars on the road are 4 door sedans. I've sat in two Camaros now and the limited visibility will keep many people away, and rear wheel drive also limits desirability. Will it be as prominent as the mustang and other sport cars- sure it will but compaired to all the rice burners out there it will always be special in my opinion. I can"t wait to get my 2SS/RS and compaired to most others be part of a select group.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:34 AM   #6
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Even then you can do things to make your more unique.

I for one am going to get the Heritage Grill and put a big SS where the bow tie would go. I am also thinking about just trying to get a new rear end defuser latter down the road to look like the one with the ground effect package but I do not want the side stuff or the front stuff.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Scotty!
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
soverydeb

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Blk/Blk
I couldn't care less how many other CAMARO'S are on the street with me, the more the merrier!! I just REALLY REALLY want mine N O W !!
soverydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #9
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
yes who cares if someone has your same exact camaro? that just means they have your good taste in cars. Really that would be a Plus if someone had a camaro like mine. If i like a Car im getting it whether or not thousands of people have it. Its all about you not other people you like it, you buy it regardless if someone else has it.
Smokintires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
This is one of the reason why there are so many option from GM Accessories for customization, that way you can make your own unique Camaro, and personalize it so it fits you.

Yes, I say within a few years, they will be all over the place (which to me, could be a good thing, esp. for GM), but it wont be like the Mustang V6's that populate that roads. I think you'll see much more varity in the Camaro than you do in the Mustangs and Chargers.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by soverydeb View Post
I couldn't care less how many other CAMARO'S are on the street with me, the more the merrier!! I just REALLY REALLY want mine N O W !!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Lets not kid ourselves though about the V6 to V8 ratio happening now. The people buying the car now and those of us that pre-ordered it are almost all enthusiasts so there are many more V8s sold now. But the v6 will FAR outsell the v8 when all is said and done.

We've had this conversation here before a few times. I'm torn. I don't want every Tom Dick and Harry to be drivng past me in the same car but I want GM to sell more cars than any other maker. I bought the 21" wheels so I am allready started on the path of having something different than most others (not many will pony up 4 to 5 Gs) The good thing is it is on the sticker as OE. But The first available aftermarket ground effects I may be all over it. Among other things.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #13
Panther67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Thumbs up Custom maros

In six months to a year i would really like to see personalized camaros so we dont have to see a pink car nation hehe i mean come on if all camaros look similar then its going to be boring the number one fix is to personalize your camaro so we can all be at an aw when we turn every corner...and make people rubber neck and do double takes......hehe.................... ........
Old 04-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Most likely as popularity increases. Rather tired of seeing same cars year after year. Been an old school muscle fan. Thought about the 350Z, but after seeing this concept finally a reality, sold me. Fuel efficient-high horse, affordable V6 for me right now..stock SIM. Wish GM would sell optional base stock V8 'sleepers', just like the COPOs of yesteryear. Nothing fancy, just raw beauty and power..

Last edited by 2010SLVRBULIT; 04-26-2009 at 12:10 PM.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote