Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #225
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
wtf! Does anyone have LF3 parts? what if someones catty goes to crap?

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #226
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I'm super bummed... I can't do jack without that piece.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #227
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Well, while we are waiting for GM Parts to get Jason his setup, I have a little new on the LF3 HPFP over here. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...258249&page=42
Old 08-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #228
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
That is WILD. But that also means everyone needs an LF3 HPFP... lol
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #229
Jason@JacFab

More LF3 News

Still waiting for the LF3 manifold. Parts guy called me last Thursday and said that he was told 11 pieces were being shipped from the manufacturer to the shipping depot. Sounds like we are are back to square one again.

In the meantime, the beast waits.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #230
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Wtf lol
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #231
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Still waiting for the LF3 manifold. Parts guy called me last Thursday and said that he was told 11 pieces were being shipped from the manufacturer to the shipping depot. Sounds like we are are back to square one again.

In the meantime, the beast waits.

Well, that should push a little air.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #232
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Dam, will it fit? lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #233
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I'm thinking not.. but who knows, he IS a mad scientist..

it looks as big as the motor!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #234
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Dam, will it fit? lol
It might be a little too big to fit in there. I think it might be pretty bad @$$. It's an Holeset HE351VE off of an 07 Cummins 6.7, it's a variable geometry turbo, the hot side can have be anywhere between an AR of about of .17 up to 1.93. You used to be able to pick them up dirt cheap as they were taking them off for warranty and replacing them. The variable vanes would get clogged up with diesel exhaust soot and stop moving. Early on they would just replace and pitch them, but after a while they figured they could just clean them. I picked this one up for $150 5 or 6 years ago, pulled it apart cleaned out the soot, and it seems good as new. I've never run it on anything because at the time no one could get the VGT actuator to work as it's CAN operated. Fast forward to now and someone has finally cracked how to make them work with the factory actuator. I've got all the electrical parts on order to make a stand alone actuator controller...

If I can get the controller working, I'll put it on something... Just not sure what yet... If I try to squeeze it into the Camaro, I'll start a thread on it.

Aside from it being big, I think the next problem is that the damn thing weighs 50-60lbs. Would have to have a hell of a brace to support it.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #235
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
That would be disturbing...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #236
Jason@JacFab

OMG!!! They just called me, IT'S HERE!!! After almost 5 months of waiting, it finally showed up!

Pics to follow once I pick it up.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #237
Jason@JacFab

More LF3 News

LF3 intake by itself

Front view

Tb mounting area, the thing sticking up under the TB runs to a fitting at the front of the intake. It ends up under the "high side" of the TB butterfly when it's in it's most closed idle position... Wild guess is that it's some kind of way to get air into the engine under vacuum to stabilize/smooth idle? Thoughts?

Under the plenum floor... Notice, this thing has no runners at all... a little disappointing.

One of the outlets into the intake port on the head

Most of the goods inside

Top on, intercooler fluid manifold in place.

A look through the inlet.

It seems the plenum cover is reversible, which could potentially be great for me because if there is room I'd like to run the intercooler fluid manifold out the rear of the intake. Just a totally random guess, but I would guess the A and G w/ the arrows would be the orientation for either RWD, or AWD applications, but hard to say. It means something, but not sure what.

I went ahead and ordered a few more things I was missing, the gasket/oring kit for the plenum area, the insulators for the intercoolers...

I'm going to try to stick it on my extra engine tomorrow, and see if it clears the cam covers... Ports on the bottom are the same as the LFX, same bolt pattern. Should bolt right on and be usable. It looks like it takes the orings on the bottom of the intake rather than a normal gasket, so I'll have to get those still and assess the situation.

*edit* After comparing the plenum cover vs the lower intake portion, I don't know if they were supposed to have originally come from the same manufacturer, but the plenum cover is cast rough as hell, while as the intake appears to be much better quality. Also, the flange of the plenum looks like it's been surfaced, or finished on something like a belt sander, where as the intake looks to have been machined... I'm wondering if the quality of the plenum I received which could have potentially been manufactured from the original mfgr which prompted the switch on the intake manifold mfgr due to poor quality which is what took so long.. Hard to say.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 09-13-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #238
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Sweet.......