Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Just sick to my stomach....Have you felt it???

No............... I will not post a pic.

It was bound to happen.

After a night away - I had been 2 places - Dealership to have the tac cluster replaced and a friends house. Car not out of my site for maybe 2 hours and parked in the garage for the overnight.

I get home after the weekend away and bam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a dent/crease in the passanger door. then a few choice words "Beep Beep and Beeeeeeeeeeep" Right on the edge of the door were it was maybe opened and then hit something.....no damage to the rear is how I got to that but maybe not....
Man her first blemish.....and I am just trying to think WHEN????

I had just washered her Friday night and know it was not there then - left for the dealership Saturday morning and pulled back in my driveway sunday night.

It's fixable like everything and the dealership is going to take care of it for me because they are top notch - but it was still heart breaking....
owe well.....glad it was only an UED (Un-Explainable Dent) and not an accident of some sort....

(she is getting fixed tomorrow)

Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Mysterious...Good luck with the repairs and I'm sure she'll be as good as new.

Damn those gremlins!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Same happened to me a month ago... but I caught the person and she paid for it. Not only that car had to go to the dealer a few days later for a little warranty thing anyway so they dropped it at the body shop for me!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
My little boy who is seven came to me that next morning and said "daddy there is a dent in your car" then he said "I didn't do it" I said "I know you didn't and I saw it too"
Old 09-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I'm on my 3rd "DING". The car must be like a magnet for these as I haven't changed the way I park (still very safe). This is more dings than I have had in my cars total since 2004.

Crowley
Old 09-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
edward

Drives: 2010 sim 2lt/rs
i thougt i had a door ding one time. my heart fell out of my chest. turned out just a reflextion from the ground. later i said to my self its just a car. but then again just like to keep it nice as i can.. hard to stay in control when u pay so much for something we all been waiting for
edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-2SS View Post
My little boy who is seven came to me that next morning and said "daddy there is a dent in your car" then he said "I didn't do it" I said "I know you didn't and I saw it too"
Awww...can you imagine if you hadn't seen it first?!? Not sure you would have believed the "I didn't do it!"
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
OUCH !!! yes I felt it....trash on the freeway..
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
lemurgirl454

Drives: Victory Red 1LT RS
I'm sorry to hear about your car. I gasped just reading your post. I'm very picky where I park my car and where I take it. So, I can only imagine what you must have felt when you saw your car. :( I'm sure your car will be fixed up like brand new though. =)
Old 09-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
I unfortunately got my first ding Sunday, 9-20. It was a truly unfortunate accident, and I know it was not intentional, but of all things it was from a fellow 2010 Camaro. We were on a road trip and she brought her son (I think), looked like about 4 years old. We had 6 cars, all backed in next to each other, I was next to the last, hers was last. Plenty of room to get in and out of the car, as we all take so much care to do with our cars. But not if the door is opened too far... She unlocked the car and we were all talking about our trip and our day as we were fixing to all head our own way home, and it happened. He opened the driver door and bam, got a dent right on the crease under the passenger door handle. She said she was very sorry and would pay for the repair. It really broke my heart as I had been so careful for the 3 months I have had her. I know it was an accident, and yes it could have been avoided if this or that had happened... But it could have happened randomly and I would have had no idea who did it, so maybe it is almost better this way...

So, can dents like that where no paint is missing but are on a crease of a car line be fixed with paintless dent repair? I have been told no if it is on a crease, but I haven't taken it to the dealer yet to see what has to be done to fix it...

Still a bummer and frustrating...
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
sorry to hear that Rico. I got one better. Saturday afternoon I was at Ric's and getting ready to leave and was parked by the entrance close to mission(the first entrance). Well I needed to get onto mission and turn right on High so I backed up to the second entrance(the one close to the gas station). Well a lady decides to turn in ackward so I backed up a little more and was put at an crazy angle. Once I'm clear I start to slowly creep out and then BAMMMMMMMM I rubbed the back passenger tire right against the concrete barrier that houses a tree and some flowers. Back passenger wheel scuffed to hell.

I was just like you knew it would happen but just didn't know when. Cussed myself out the whole time I was driving. Not fixable, will need new wheel otherwise gotta use some touch up paint.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
walmartworker

Drives: 1996 chevy lumina
come on people show us your dents so we can guard our future and or current new camaros. Also sorry to hear about you all dents and dings
walmartworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
UED I like that
Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Can't be too careful

No matter how careful you try to be something allways happens
went to a Marine corp breakfast two weeks ago
parked as far away as I could .I come out and what is next to me
[only two cars in that spot]
a minivan [can you say 1 to 5 kids jumping out with hockey sticks]
well luckily there was enough distance between us that when little
Jason flings the door opened, it missed by about 2 inches.
I allmost crapped and had a heart attack at the same time.
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote