Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Has anybody baked and opened Eagle Eyes?

I was wondering if anybody here has baked the Eagle Eye headlamps and opened them for internal mods (namely halo mods)?
It looks like the Taiwanese simply copied the stock RS headlamp housings verbatim. So I'm assuming they probably open in a similar fashion. A couple things concern me though: One- the quality of the plastic in comparison to OEM. I'm a little worried that it may have a lower melt temp, and will distort or warp when heated. Second- the halos in the Eagle Eyes are CCFL, unlike the solid core rods illuminated by LEDs in the stock RS. I'm worried that they will not survive the baking process. And I have no idea where I would get replacements, since there doesn't seem to be an actual company behind them.
I, of course, want to install color halos. I know that there are considerable differences internally, so I fully expect to have to manufacture my own to fit. But I can't really begin development until I can get inside. Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote