Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
First Car show award for 2010 Camaro goes to???

Me!!! and my 2ss IOM with hood and hockey stripes.

So I took it to the Goodguys Summer get together which is HUGE in California and I was by far the crowd favorite. It felt good to park next to some of these 100K cars and fully restored camaros and win the award for coolest camaro. There where over 3000 cars and at least 300 camaros and Mine took the prize and beat em all.

yes next year it will be a different story but right now and forever in the books the honor is mine and my 6 week old CAMARO.

I said I preordered on october 13th, 426 horse 420 lbs of torque, paid msrp,
yes there making them, and I have a good dealer about 5 thousand times.

The crowd was ginormous both days and I was honored to grant the wishes of so many car enthusiast who wanted to see this car. It was a great feeling and Im pretty sure I sold a few new ones with all the questions i answered.

The car prob got about 2 thousand pictures takes and it was a great feeling.

Oh I also autocrossed for the first time and I beat out quite a few cars, Scary at first but damn it was fun.. I didnt air down or anything and those pirellis stuck pretty hard to the ground.

After all I was many peoples heros, and was congratulated more than when I graduated college or got married. Ill post some more pics when i upload my camera shots.

Heres my plaque I got at the awards ceremony, I was parked next to a 69 fully restored ss in the winners circle on Sunday and felt bad as My car got all the looks pics and questions, but hey after 2 min I was over it as it was well deserved as not many can dispute this new ride is definately a Cool Camaro.

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Congrats!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Congratulations! That's so cool!!

It makes you feel good to know that a modern muscle car can still complete with the "Historical Classics".

I drove mine into the big city last Saturday, It turn heads, lots of pics and I even had a set of lips on the hood. Weird people?????

Congrats again! Keep up the good work!

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
If anyone had a restored first gen there I feel bad for them. A completely stock car should not win in a car show just because it's brand new.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGruff View Post
If anyone had a restored first gen there I feel bad for them. A completely stock car should not win in a car show just because it's brand new.
Car shows are not meant for feeling sorry for people , I did not go there intending to win, like alot of them did. I just went to show the enthusiasts what this car was about and I did just that. If you where there you would understand the crowd it drew all day long. Judges agreed, so be it.

If you think this is car is not cool your smokin the bad stuff. many people have seen tons of first gens but for the majority it was there first glimpse of the 5th gen.

Like I said next year it will be a diff story. But for now Im on cloud 9

Old 06-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Congrats on the award D1BADZ!

Quote:
I'm surprised that a 2010 Camaro was even let into a Goodguys event for anything other than a vendor display vehicle. Most of their shows are limited to 1972 and older vehicles.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
I feel the same way- I quit my antique car club when they started awarding trophies to people who had just drove their new cars out the showroom door. Getting trophies over guys who have restored antique cars or built street rods from the ground up makes no sense to me. I will surely look at all the Camaros at our local shows, but getting a trophy for washing you car is unfair and makes no sense.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
McGruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BADZ View Post
Car shows are not meant for feeling sorry for people , I did not go there intending to win, like alot of them did. I just went to show the enthusiasts what this car was about and I did just that. If you where there you would understand the crowd it drew all day long. Judges agreed, so be it.

If you think this is car is not cool your smokin the bad stuff. many people have seen tons of first gens but for the majority it was there first glimpse of the 5th gen.

Like I said next year it will be a diff story. But for now Im on cloud 9

It is cool, but only on new factor alone...the 1st gen will always be the coolest Camaro. I don't own a 1st gen, but that's just fact.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Congrats on the award D1BADZ!

I'm surprised that a 2010 Camaro was even let into a Goodguys event for anything other than a vendor display vehicle. Most of their shows are limited to 1972 and older vehicles.

This was an All American or American powered all years show, not a classic car show.

Quote:
It is cool, but only on new factor alone...the 1st gen will always be the coolest Camaro. I don't own a 1st gen, but that's just fact.
Wrong, and Goodguys and myself disagree with you, that is a fact with a plaque for proof.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
McGruff

Quote:
Wrong, and Goodguys and myself disagree with you, that is a fact with a plaque for proof.
You don't get it. Every other SS in the general area could have just hopped in their car, drove it over, and been on equal grounds with you. The car is completely stock and the only special thing about it is that it's new. When this car is littering the road in a few years, does the 1st gen just magically become cool again? Some people would agree that in a car show, someone who put in immeasureable amount of time and effort restroing a classic car should always win. These are the rare, hard to find cars...not a car you just drive off the lot.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Enjoy it now, cuz I'm taking it next year...boohahahahahahaha..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #12
MassCamaro

Drives: .
Congrats Sounds like you had a blast at the show and walked away with a cool experience. Hopefully the other guys in this thread calm down a bit and realize you simply drove down to join on the fun and not try and steal the show, which is what you did accidentally and honestly fair and square This is the kind of attention this car needs right now too, with GM getting into it's latest trouble this is great marketing.
MassCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #13
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Quote:
You don't get it. Every other SS in the general area could have just hopped in their car, drove it over, and been on equal grounds with you. The car is completely stock and the only special thing about it is that it's new. When this car is littering the road in a few years, does the 1st gen just magically become cool again? Some people would agree that in a car show, someone who put in immeasureable amount of time and effort restroing a classic car should always win. These are the rare, hard to find cars...not a car you just drive off the lot.
:troll:

you dont get it, there are minimal SS's in the area right now.

The fact is no one did go, if, and If they did have theres.

If you can read, I already stated , next year different story.

2009 Cool Camaro is my 2010 and theres no disputing that, Next year we shall see.

not saying first gens are not cool, as all gen are cool to me.

But 2009 none where as Cool as mine.

Sorry you H8, but show a little and stop

End of discussion, Im gonna go hop in my ride and go for a cruise
as I can tell your not gonna stop.
Have fun in your Saturn

Thanks to those who are considerate and congradulated Me. These cars are amazing.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #14
McGruff

Quote:
But 2009 none where as Cool as mine.
Shock and awe value. Time will show the first gen is irreplaceable.

I think you just started this topic so you would get praise for buying a car and driving it to an auto show. There's nothing amazing about that. Show some respect for the car this car was designed after.

You're insulting my Saturn now? I have a 2SS on order, when it gets here I'm not going to suddenly think I'm awesome for it. I do and will always give mad respect to the first gen owners, my Camaro is and will always be second to the first gen.