Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #29
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rally yellow ss rs View Post
Lots of people will see they could make an extra 50 hp for a decent price, but are the majority of those people going to be peticular about how their car reacts, handles, and performes under all circumstances. If your like me, this is my baby...and I want to do a lot to her, but only what will work right. I am saving up so the day she is payed off, I will build the motor up, supercharge, gears, tranny, suspension, but until then...bolt ons. I rather do it once than be hating life.
i really want to do it all at once, but don't got the cash to... and don't mind doing little at a time... i have got a dyno tune 2 times lol, i just keep doing a little at a time and keep getting retuned
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #30
rally yellow ss rs

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i really want to do it all at once, but don't got the cash to... and don't mind doing little at a time... i have got a dyno tune 2 times lol, i just keep doing a little at a time and keep getting retuned

Dont see a problem in doing suspension upgrades ahead of schedule. Maybe even a gear swap, except the lower mpg's
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #31
mikeSS

Quote:
Dont see a problem in doing suspension upgrades ahead of schedule. Maybe even a gear swap, except the lower mpg's
like i said its not a daily driver, not really care about MPG.. i care more about reliability
Old 11-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #32
rally yellow ss rs

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
like i said its not a daily driver, not really care about MPG.. i care more about reliability
The gears will give it more balls, along with being an upgrade for the future plans.
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #33
mikeSS

Quote:
The gears will give it more balls, along with being an upgrade for the future plans.
cool i will talk to my guy tomorrow about that also , thanks for the info
Old 11-29-2010, 08:12 AM   #34
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Do the cam swap you're not going to hurt nothing with 450hp besides the rear trailing arms and they are not that expensive.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #35
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Just be aware that the higer the ratio the smaller the pinion, and there are several blown rear ends on here due to that!
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote