Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #57
JamesMO
I WANNA GO FAST!!!

Drives: blazer soon to be 2lt/rs m6 IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
I want no knowledge of the kind of women you are hanging out with...believe me.

It's nice to know there are chauvinistic pigs such as yourself still around. I thought this type of behavior was on a decline. What would all the trashy women of the world do if your breed died out? Maybe they would figure out that guys like you have some inadequate feeling about your manhood that has to be supplemented by a car. If you can't get a woman any other way than owning a "hot" car...I truly pity you.

I'll be sure to pass on the fact that I have "little knowledge" of women to my loving wife of 14 years. You know what? She's the love of my life. I wouldn't trade her for some white trash bimbo that would date me for my car. If I wanted to do that I guess I could go troll bars with a picture of my 2009 GT1 Corvette Convertible on my shirt so I could bring home the sluts. My wife could care less about the house we live in or the cars we own...and you know...that makes me want to make her happy even more. We both have very nice cars, I am able to buy and sell cars when I want (I currently have 6 in my posession) and we live in a nice historic home in our town...but if those left tomorrow-she wouldn't leave.

I love watching the "in-guy" that gets women this way...they age so ungracefully and usually end up driving a car "like they had in high school" because it was what made them "cool." These guys usually have been divorced numerous times and resemble Joe Dirt more than they resemble Sean Connery. I find it amusing to visit with them from the stand point that I learned long ago what makes life worth living and they never have. They are still out there searching for the "next thing" that will bring them back to "rockstar" status.

I honestly do hope that you figure out that these "women" you speak of aren't the ones you want to spend time with...because as soon as they figure out you are out of money...they are on to their next set of pockets...and they'll leave you with a nice little gift that you just can't seem to get rid of.

Your statement about a camaro getting you laid was crass and uncalled for and it TRULY demonstrates your maturity level.

As far as this being a Camaro site...yes it is...but that doesn't mean that you can't speak of other cars does it? Does it mean we bash every other car mentioned? If so, then this might as well be called Fanboy Central versus being called a forum for discussion.
Chauvinistic pig?? I'm a 20 year old college student, what do you expect??
haha and why did you automatically get so defensive when i made that comment about women, and inadequate feelings of my manhood?? really?? your the one getting defensive writing damn near a thesis paper. So if your really gonna try to emasculate me your gonna have to do alot better. and being that it is mostly dudes on here I thought I could joke around and somebody would just come up with a clever comeback instead of getting defensive.lol. AND YES I WILL BASH MUSTANG OWNERS THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT MINOR PROBLEMS WITH A CAMARO, AS IF THE MUSTANG IS ALMIGHTY AND PERFECT!! but, i will never bash any chevy owners

btw i love the car Idrove in highschool
JamesMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #58
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMO View Post
Chauvinistic pig?? I'm a 20 year old college student, what do you expect??
haha and why did you automatically get so defensive when i made that comment about women, and inadequate feelings of my manhood?? really?? your the one getting defensive writing damn near a thesis paper. So if your really gonna try to emasculate me your gonna have to do alot better. and being that it is mostly dudes on here I thought I could joke around and somebody would just come up with a clever comeback instead of getting defensive.lol. AND YES I WILL BASH MUSTANG OWNERS THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT MINOR PROBLEMS WITH A CAMARO, AS IF THE MUSTANG IS ALMIGHTY AND PERFECT!! but, i will never bash any chevy owners

btw i love the car Idrove in highschool
Mostly dudes? Yeah that plays well. Thanks for the PM though. Its nice to know that the average american only makes it seven years in a marriage.

As far as why I got defensive... Could it be that I have respect for women and I tire of people like you degrading them every chance they get. I'm sure you can't handle women in race cars or as police officers either...let's flesh out the stereotype here

I don't believe the OP came in saying the Mustang was all that...but obviously you've got an issue with Mustangs...so I'll leave you to it.

You won't bash chevy owners huh? How many times have you laughed at a Metro? It is a Chevy...check the nameplate.

I'm done with the conversation with you. Good luck in life. I do hope you learn...sooner rather than later. Divorce can be an awful expensive price to pay...
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #59
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Yes, at the moment, a driver of this car gets a lot of attention. Attention isn't automatic sex.

I'd practice the art of self-love (am I tactful or what?) before I would ever, ever sleep with someone because of the car they drove. What a silly reason.

Nor is my self-respect so low that I would want someone to sleep with me because of the car *I* own.

Just saying.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #60
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Gee this is starting to sound like a Dr. Phil show!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #61
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
Um

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMO View Post
Bo Yo... I'm put this plain and simple... Mustangs make you look gay and Camaros get you laid. Can I get an amen?
WOW

Maybe I need to drive more>?

When are you scheduled to wake up?

lol

JK...wow............?

Last edited by Alfieboy; 11-06-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: crap
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #62
Alfieboy
Madman

Ok

Quote:
Ford doesn't have to. The ONLY reason GM is doing this is that they need to sell cars to help offset the money you and I both spent to keep them afloat. This is simple marketing...sucker people into the showroom with some promise of "if you don't like it, bring it back." Statistically, the people who fall for this ploy will not use the return feature as they just don't want to mess with the hassle and they will keep their car. It's the same reason there is a price-point for all that as-seen-on-TV crap...they know statistically that people that buy at that price point won't mess with returning the crap they bought.

Personally, I think the buyback offer cheapens the General Motors brands as it says "maybe our car isn't good enough for you" vs. not having a buyback and presenting you make the best cars out there.

The other "cool" feature of the buyback is the one that many here took...the $500 "I won't bring it back option"...this is a selling point (rebate) that GM offers the person that comes in looking at a car based on the buyback offer. This lure is dangled and hopefully the customer bites and takes $500 vs. a potential buyback and GM is off scott-free.

Don't mislead yourself into thinking the buyback is anything but another gimmick to get people into the showroom. Looking at Ford's profit that was just released...I'd say they don't need a gimmick....
Lets end it here OK-
I just mentioned it it is that simple. Take it or leave it.No crap its all marketing .Duh. Yea Ford profit is high.Only because they already smartly got rid of junk in the trunk earlier. Give it a break.. besides it is a forum.. take it & give it.. period.
Either was Ill say this- my truck is my work truck, ford f650.......
but my personal/.. 07 silverado and 2010 camaro.. and wife has 2009 Traverse..wouldnt change for the world.
My history with GM is long dug as some have done with Ford. I dont buy ford, dodge that because I In my opinion FEEL chevy is better. Never failed or let me down, some here take it extreme. but points made he can use that option if needed.
I like the look of the newer retro cars.. but the Camaro is always in my heart.
plain & simple. And many here, having owner prior Cameros know what Im saying.
Many including myself ordered blind- no test drive ..etc.. going by reading & learning.. not like you have to do that with a VW or A Ford OR a Vette

Besides, HE can always SELL it. MaNY will buy.

Case closed.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #63
Alfieboy
Madman

wow

Quote:
I want no knowledge of the kind of women you are hanging out with...believe me.

It's nice to know there are chauvinistic pigs such as yourself still around. I thought this type of behavior was on a decline. What would all the trashy women of the world do if your breed died out? Maybe they would figure out that guys like you have some inadequate feeling about your manhood that has to be supplemented by a car. If you can't get a woman any other way than owning a "hot" car...I truly pity you.

I'll be sure to pass on the fact that I have "little knowledge" of women to my loving wife of 14 years. You know what? She's the love of my life. I wouldn't trade her for some white trash bimbo that would date me for my car. If I wanted to do that I guess I could go troll bars with a picture of my 2009 GT1 Corvette Convertible on my shirt so I could bring home the sluts. My wife could care less about the house we live in or the cars we own...and you know...that makes me want to make her happy even more. We both have very nice cars, I am able to buy and sell cars when I want (I currently have 6 in my posession) and we live in a nice historic home in our town...but if those left tomorrow-she wouldn't leave.

I love watching the "in-guy" that gets women this way...they age so ungracefully and usually end up driving a car "like they had in high school" because it was what made them "cool." These guys usually have been divorced numerous times and resemble Joe Dirt more than they resemble Sean Connery. I find it amusing to visit with them from the stand point that I learned long ago what makes life worth living and they never have. They are still out there searching for the "next thing" that will bring them back to "rockstar" status.

I honestly do hope that you figure out that these "women" you speak of aren't the ones you want to spend time with...because as soon as they figure out you are out of money...they are on to their next set of pockets...and they'll leave you with a nice little gift that you just can't seem to get rid of.

Your statement about a camaro getting you laid was crass and uncalled for and it TRULY demonstrates your maturity level.

As far as this being a Camaro site...yes it is...but that doesn't mean that you can't speak of other cars does it? Does it mean we bash every other car mentioned? If so, then this might as well be called Fanboy Central versus being called a forum for discussion.
I think you need to go read other forums.. always gonna get varied opinions

BTW :

The Camaro LAdies can & will stand up and speak in their own defense
Old 11-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #64
Alfieboy
Madman

yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
Yes, at the moment, a driver of this car gets a lot of attention. Attention isn't automatic sex.

I'd practice the art of self-love (am I tactful or what?) before I would ever, ever sleep with someone because of the car they drove. What a silly reason.

Nor is my self-respect so low that I would want someone to sleep with me because of the car *I* own.

Just saying.
Exactly well said.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #65
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST SAY!!! thats it.... I'm selling this thing. right now!! I mean I wanted more sex and thought....... what better way especially cause I hate myself and all.... thanks Dr. Phill for clearing that up for me.. I'll have a listing on ebay shortly
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #66
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
For those pondering on taking delivery... just look at all the reviews on the web... Most of them say that this is an awesome vehicle... It is now becoming "critically acclaimed".

Having driven one for a month, trust me, you wont be dissapointed with the drive... but that is what you should be getting the car for, the power and drive it gets you... at that price point there is NO OTHER vehicle!
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #67
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susantroy1 View Post
WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST SAY!!! thats it.... I'm selling this thing. right now!! I mean I wanted more sex and thought....... what better way especially cause I hate myself and all.... thanks Dr. Phill for clearing that up for me.. I'll have a listing on ebay shortly
The hilarious thing is, I've never even seen the Dr. Phil show.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #68
Alfieboy
Madman

Talking yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
I was one of the preorders. Never sat in or drove one.

Took a chance.

No whistling, no unusual noises, no squeeky brakes, no unusual wear on my tires (but then I don't beat the bejeesus out of it either).

Bottomline, I spent my hard earned money for one of the best cars I have ever owned. That's it plain and simple.

Have there been issues, heck yes. Minor problems handled by one of the finest dealers I have ever had the good fortune to deal with.

Virtually every brand of car, has had some sort of problems. How would you like to be the vaunted Toyota Brand right now. And having to deal withthe acceleration problems being reported. Sounds just like Audi way backin the '80's with their unidntended acceleration problems.

It happens to the best of them.. Buy the car, do the 60 day return if you are that uncomfortable, and see how you like it.

If that doesn't work for you, stay with what you really want to do.

And by all means ----Happy Motoring!
EXACTLY -
Old 11-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #69
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablue1 View Post
I owned an 2009 Challenger R/T and I've read about and test driven the Mustang GT. For the money, you will get a lot more value with a Camaro SS than either of the other brands. To buy a comparable challenger, you have to get an SRT. The SRT challenger will cost you low to mid $40's. The mustang GT is a nice vehicle but overall I feel the Camaro is a slight leader in performance, h/p etc, standard accessories. When it comes down to it, you sound like a person that does not make decisions easily and often has buyer's remorse. Buy what you like and can afford, don't sweat the future, we all die. The camaro holds it value really well right now. If you get it, don't like it, sell in a couple of months. I made money on the chally. Good Luck. I ordered a Camaro SS last week, can't wait to make the brakes squeal and melt some rubber.
Nice post and Welcome to C5

Quote:

Just saying.

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #70
JamesMO
I WANNA GO FAST!!!

Drives: blazer soon to be 2lt/rs m6 IBM
I would like to apologize for my dry humor and the comment about the camaro getting laid was immature, i thought it'd get a corny laugh from somebody. but really though dont take everything said on here so seriously. Also, i'd like to apologize about the coment about women "flocking" to the car. the point i was trying to make was the new camaro draws as much attention as a ferrari or lambo from people.

Last edited by JamesMO; 11-16-2009 at 10:22 PM.
JamesMO is offline   Reply With Quote