Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #113
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkSS View Post
I have already decided that I'm selling my SS if the Jay Leno Camaro is put in production...or the Z28...I dunno! (maybe the same design?) Really, I hope that the twin turbo V6 is replaced with a V8 though. It doesn't make since to me to make a new looking V6 package; especially if you consider how many V8 have been sold vs. V6s.
that is exactly why
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #114
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch007 View Post
Going back to the talk about the G8, I heard they were bringing it back as the next generation Impala, but I could have heard wrong. And GM would be crazy to not bring the G8 back. Plain and simple. If it comes back as the Caprice or Impala or whatever, yay GM. If not, boo GM. But I still love em.
The plan is shaping up to be, Police Fleet cars in 2011. When Pontiac is dead & gone, a Chevy SS in 2012.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/16/r...ing-after-all/

Rumormill: Holden-based, RWD 2012 Chevy SS coming after all?
If it's Monday, there must be a big, rear-wheel drive Chevrolet four-door coming soon. Tuesday? We'll retract and deny everything. We know, we know. We also know we just reported that the next Chevy Impala will remain front-wheel drive – but check this out. We've been hearing rumors for some time now, that despite whatever Fritz Henderson has to say on the matter, a high-performance version of General Motors' Zeta platform that underpins the Pontiac G8 will live on as a Chevy SS model, either badged as a Caprice or (more likely) an Impala. And we're not talking the police special. As Maximum Bob has said, the G8 is "Kinda too good to waste." Needless to say, we totally agree.

An eagle-eye'd AB reader named Jim just caught the following on a Pontiac G8 forum:

"My dealer had sent off pictures to GM of the cable portion of the front seats belts rubbing against the plastic on the side of the front seats. In an email sent back to the dealer, GM says that they have no plans to solve what has already been built but going forward a correction is planned. The email continues: ...a fix is planned for MY11.5 Chevy Police Program and MY12 Chevy SS. The fix will involve a protective sleeve that covers the buckle and section of the buckle stem that rubs on the plastic trim."

How 'bout them apples? That might normally be a sliver of a sliver of a rumor, but it exactly what what we've heard independently from a reliable source – and it brings a great big smile to our face. Now, repeat after us, LS3 with six-speed manual, LS3 with six-speed manual, LS3 with six-speed manual... Thanks a million, Jim!

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:30 AM   #115
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
sign that engines are going to not increase in size dramatically, but more than likely decrease as time goes on. more FI from the factory, DI, VVT, AFM, all sorts of new technology reducing the "need" for overly large engines. the hot rodders will still have their choice of toys however, but look for smaller FI engines to start overpopulating the market.
Smaller engines...bwahahahahaha I dont even understand that language. Thank goodness for the after market
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:56 AM   #116
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Smaller engines...bwahahahahaha I dont even understand that language. Thank goodness for the after market

damn skippy
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #117
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
I was thinking lastnight
There never has been a V6 Z/28
But there has been V6 SS's
Old 11-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #118
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
I was thinking lastnight
Think harder....
Old 11-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #119
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
I was thinking lastnight
not in a camaro.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #120
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Think harder....
Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
not in a camaro.
Just like a supercharger has never been in a Camaro from ?
Old 11-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #121
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkSS View Post
I have already decided that I'm selling my SS if the Jay Leno Camaro is put in production...or the Z28...I dunno! (maybe the same design?) Really, I hope that the twin turbo V6 is replaced with a V8 though. It doesn't make since to me to make a new looking V6 package; especially if you consider how many V8 have been sold vs. V6s.
When the camaro is no longer the new kid on the block and gas prices goes back to $4.50 a gallon that will change over night. The value of the dollar keeps decreasing, thus gas prices rising is inevitable sooner or later.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #122
gospeedgo17
Living the Dream 02/2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS Blk/Blk; 2003 Av
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
The plan is shaping up to be, Police Fleet cars in 2011. When Pontiac is dead & gone, a Chevy SS in 2012.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/16/r...ing-after-all/

Rumormill: Holden-based, RWD 2012 Chevy SS coming after all?
If it's Monday, there must be a big, rear-wheel drive Chevrolet four-door coming soon. Tuesday? We'll retract and deny everything. We know, we know. We also know we just reported that the next Chevy Impala will remain front-wheel drive – but check this out. We've been hearing rumors for some time now, that despite whatever Fritz Henderson has to say on the matter, a high-performance version of General Motors' Zeta platform that underpins the Pontiac G8 will live on as a Chevy SS model, either badged as a Caprice or (more likely) an Impala. And we're not talking the police special. As Maximum Bob has said, the G8 is "Kinda too good to waste." Needless to say, we totally agree.

An eagle-eye'd AB reader named Jim just caught the following on a Pontiac G8 forum:

"My dealer had sent off pictures to GM of the cable portion of the front seats belts rubbing against the plastic on the side of the front seats. In an email sent back to the dealer, GM says that they have no plans to solve what has already been built but going forward a correction is planned. The email continues: ...a fix is planned for MY11.5 Chevy Police Program and MY12 Chevy SS. The fix will involve a protective sleeve that covers the buckle and section of the buckle stem that rubs on the plastic trim."

How 'bout them apples? That might normally be a sliver of a sliver of a rumor, but it exactly what what we've heard independently from a reliable source – and it brings a great big smile to our face. Now, repeat after us, LS3 with six-speed manual, LS3 with six-speed manual, LS3 with six-speed manual... Thanks a million, Jim!
I believe!!!

EXCELLENT JOB, OSHAWA AND ST. CATHERINES! KEEP IT UP!
gospeedgo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:26 AM   #123
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
I think Jay said it best in the video where they show him seeing the car for the first time @ SEMA '09 a few weeks ago, "if we want to keep cars like this around we have to accept they're going to have to change"...or something to that effect...and he's right. The answer I would have like to heard from Lutz though would have been "We'll get it done".
Old 11-20-2009, 02:45 AM   #124
JamesMO
I WANNA GO FAST!!!

Drives: blazer soon to be 2lt/rs m6 IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Anyways in response to this thread, may i be the first to smack my forehead...if you can already buy a 425hp Camaro what the hell is all the hype about a new one, lol, so what its a turbo V6 the V8 does that with not a damn thing attatched and thats where the bragging rights go, lol, and besides there wont be much weight savings, the V6 isnt THAT much lighter than the V8 and even then all the turbo stuff will even it out plus there'll still lower torque, the V6 is the economy car, not the performance car, stop trying to make it the performance car and all you tuners stop whining about it, this is a CAMARO not a friggin Civic, go rice out your 92' import-mobile...and if they do make a twin turbo V6 it better be the base engine for LT models (like Ford's doing with the Mustang) and that V8 better get the same 100hp boost, otherwise im totally not feeling the hype...
1.) you can get the power of the v8 with the mpg of a v6!!!

2.)theres lots of v6 performance cars, they're not muscle cars but they tend to handle alot better than muscle cars.

3.) please give me your address because as soon as I get mine I'm driving to your house and going yarding in your front lawn. and incase your too old to understand what that is, it means I'm gonna do donuts in your front yard. who are you to be telling people what they can and cant do with their cars?

Last edited by JamesMO; 11-20-2009 at 02:56 AM.
JamesMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #125
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMO View Post
1.) you can get the power of the v8 with the mpg of a v6!!!
yea its called the LS3

2.)theres lots of v6 performance cars, they're not muscle cars but they tend to handle alot better than muscle cars.
the GTR is one i can think off the top of my head, but it doesnt handle better than its muscle car counter part the Z06, ZR1 or the Viper.

3.) please give me your address because as soon as I get mine I'm driving to your house and going yarding in your front lawn. and incase your too old to understand what that is, it means I'm gonna do donuts in your front yard. who are you to be telling people what they can and cant do with their cars?
that would be asom to see, illegal, but totaly asom
Responce in red
Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #126
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
If a turbo on a V^ was as good an idea as you seem to think, then GM wouldn't have made a production V8 Camaro... They have a turbo V6 instead if it would truely be as powerful as the LS3 in the same price range.
WhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote