Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 01-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
HUGE thanks to Ryne Cunningham and Mike @ CMS!

So here I am minding my own business when my car freaks me the hell out. Power reduction mode, bucking, sputtering, basically running like a damn Mustang.

Ryne checks the computer and says Houston we have a problem. The bung where my MAF connects to my CAI tube came loose allowing more air into my engine causing the computer to dump more fuel and presto, crappy running LS3.

After Alex from Sanner Racing was nice enough to run me home to grab my other CAI, I realized that I had no keys to get into my house (I realized how dependent on homelink I've become now). So after a quick trip to my kids high school, and 45 minutes of calling a freshman over the PA system, I finally had a key to get into my house.

Upon returning to CMS I had to barrow a screwdriver, because in my rush I forgot one of the 3 tools required to swap out a CAI.

Ryne was able to sort out the fuel issues and threw my great running baby on his conservative dyno to tweak everything into perfection. After the third pull I almost shat myself. Ryne had to check his dyno and reboot the computer to make some sort of sence out of what was being show on the screen.

He uses a dyno dynamics dyno that is usually very conservative. That is why I about shat myself when it showed the first pull over 420rwhp. A little more tweaking and 426rwhp was on the screen. At this point Ryne said and rebooted his dyno. First pull after the reboot, 426rwhp.

I was giddy has hell. Then he tweaks it a bit more and I pee'd just a little. Back to back pulls at 430rwhp and 425rwtq.

I can't think Ryne and Mike enough for jumping in and pumping life into my baby! If anyone needs help with your Camaro or another car for that matter, do yourself a favor and give Ryne at CMS a shot to earn your business. Class act and very straight shooter.

As for me, I couldn't be happier with the way my car is running now. If feels like a different monster now. I knew I had a special car from the first BBK dyno day when only CTerry was able to put down more NA power and we both had more than a couple of cars with mods. I know these results are not typical for the basic header and CAI swaps, but I'm thrilled to have her.

I have the dyno sheet but my computer is currently getting fixed. If anyone has Vista DO NOT allow it to update with the latest update!!!! $200 later it will be fixed and you will be without all your data. I should have it back tomorrow (working tonight and not sure if I'll be able to post it up).
Old 01-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Planning on having CMS do my cam upgrade. Just need to save up a few more pennies.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
Ryne @ CMS

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 06 C6 Z06, 15 Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
So here I am minding my own business when my car freaks me the hell out. Power reduction mode, bucking, sputtering, basically running like a damn Mustang.

Ryne checks the computer and says Houston we have a problem. The bung where my MAF connects to my CAI tube came loose allowing more air into my engine causing the computer to dump more fuel and presto, crappy running LS3.

After Alex from Sanner Racing was nice enough to run me home to grab my other CAI, I realized that I had no keys to get into my house (I realized how dependent on homelink I've become now). So after a quick trip to my kids high school, and 45 minutes of calling a freshman over the PA system, I finally had a key to get into my house.

Upon returning to CMS I had to barrow a screwdriver, because in my rush I forgot one of the 3 tools required to swap out a CAI.

Ryne was able to sort out the fuel issues and threw my great running baby on his conservative dyno to tweak everything into perfection. After the third pull I almost shat myself. Ryne had to check his dyno and reboot the computer to make some sort of sence out of what was being show on the screen.

He uses a dyno dynamics dyno that is usually very conservative. That is why I about shat myself when it showed the first pull over 420rwhp. A little more tweaking and 426rwhp was on the screen. At this point Ryne said and rebooted his dyno. First pull after the reboot, 426rwhp.

I was giddy has hell. Then he tweaks it a bit more and I pee'd just a little. Back to back pulls at 430rwhp and 425rwtq.

I can't think Ryne and Mike enough for jumping in and pumping life into my baby! If anyone needs help with your Camaro or another car for that matter, do yourself a favor and give Ryne at CMS a shot to earn your business. Class act and very straight shooter.

As for me, I couldn't be happier with the way my car is running now. If feels like a different monster now. I knew I had a special car from the first BBK dyno day when only CTerry was able to put down more NA power and we both had more than a couple of cars with mods. I know these results are not typical for the basic header and CAI swaps, but I'm thrilled to have her.

I have the dyno sheet but my computer is currently getting fixed. If anyone has Vista DO NOT allow it to update with the latest update!!!! $200 later it will be fixed and you will be without all your data. I should have it back tomorrow (working tonight and not sure if I'll be able to post it up).
honestly i still shocked about the power numbers.... i usually only see the kind of number in c6's with ls3's, but they have slightly less drivetrain loss, and a better air intake design.... i was so shocked that i called my buddy Rick @ Synergy and he was suprised, but has seen it before.... be happy you just have a freak car
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
2010SSRSM6

I'm thrilled!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 AM   #5
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
That is killer HP for just the CAI, Headers and Tune, congratulations Rick. Sounds like need to get Headers and a Tune. I think my car is special too
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #6
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
That is killer HP for just the CAI, Headers and Tune, congratulations Rick. Sounds like need to get Headers and a Tune. I think my car is special too
Watch, you'll get the same headers and CAI and put down 434 just to show me up............. Again.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Shit Id be happy to get 420 to the wheels. Did u have your stock intake back on when it pulled those numbers?

Last edited by cterry; 01-13-2011 at 09:45 AM.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
LAYN2LOW

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1SS M6
CMS tuned my cammed SS, Ryne is killer!

*****Ryne******

my turbo kit will be on next month and I will need a tune. Time for some big number and more important sick performance and drivability!

Thanks Again!
LAYN2LOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
2010SSRSM6

I had the Spectre Performance intake that Dr. Vonkle was trying to sell. Hint hint. lol. We both did testing for Spectre and have similar kits. They recut my heat shield and change my filter due to a rubbing issue with the very early kits.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYN2LOW View Post
CMS tuned my cammed SS, Ryne is killer!

*****Ryne******

my turbo kit will be on next month and I will need a tune. Time for some big number and more important sick performance and drivability!

Thanks Again!
What turbo kit did you go with? Let me know when your bringing it in for tuning so I can check it out please.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #11
2010SSRSM6

Well thanks to Microshaft I'm out over $200 and lost all my Camaro related info. On a more positive note, Thanks to Ryne and Mike @ CMS I have this.

Name:  rick 2010 camaro tune af.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  162.2 KB

Name:  rick 2010 camaro tune tq.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  160.0 KB
Old 01-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #12
LAYN2LOW

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
What turbo kit did you go with? Let me know when your bringing it in for tuning so I can check it out please.
VRE Single Turbo kit! I will post when I am goint to CMS.
LAYN2LOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
TMorgan800
Maggied Pontiac G8 FTW!!

Drives: Magnacharged 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
$200 bucks to fix your computer... shit...

For about $150, you could have bought Windows 7 and upgraded that Vista Crap yourself, AND saved your data.

PM me if you ever need advice on computers.
2009 Panther Black G8 GT, TVS 1900 @ 10lbs, RotoFab, Injector Dynamics ID850's, Squash "Big Single" Fuel Pump, Kooks 1 7/8" Black Cat Coated, Solo Perf. 3" Exhaust, 20" Camaro Replicas, Pedders and Whiteline bits all over
TMorgan800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #14
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMorgan800 View Post
$200 bucks to fix your computer... shit...

For about $150, you could have bought Windows 7 and upgraded that Vista Crap yourself, AND saved your data.

PM me if you ever need advice on computers.
I'm so over Microshaft. Next up is a new Mac.