Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2014, 07:54 AM   #15
HmBuilder2

Drives: 2014 RRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I was raised where if something is given to you for use (in working order), it should be returned in the same way. I did drive it 6 miles and it took a crap while in my posession. I dont want to shell out the cash for the repair but down inside I know its what is the right thing to do (my raising).

+1
HmBuilder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:09 AM   #16
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
in that logic it would be correct to give them back the truck in the same exact shape with a rod waiting to go out in five minutes. You are not responsible for the many years of abuse and neglect the truck took. Offering to try to help fix it back yard mechanic style is about as much friendly help as required from morals. Its not like you were taking it auto crossing and rolled it, the truck was a POS disaster waiting to happen and they should realize it and let you know its not your fault.
Other morals are not required to be of a higher level when barrowing something, it may be you can replace the entire truck for cheaper than fixing the engine and basically giving them a new overhauled engine for using a truck five minutes... Think about it, would not there be tons of lots waiting to rent everyone a POS on the you break it you buy it warranty that gives them a hammer over the renters head! This is not a china shop, its life. And it would also be the right thing for them to let you know its not your fault and your part of the repair bill at .25$ a mile comes to: $1.50 .
Old 08-31-2014, 08:43 AM   #17
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Thanks alot guys and I get nearly everyones point, thanks for the laughs too (definitively needed that). Although the truck is/was a beater pos it was still running w/o a knock when I took posession. I truly believe it was going to blow regardless but I just happened to be the lucky dog it blew out on lol. I am not made of money and will feel the pinch in the repair for sure. I pointed that out in response to "brag" about my 7 cars. Trust me my day would not have been s**tty if I had tons of cash laying around (which I don't) , I would not have even bothered posting it?
Secondly yes I also realize that I could totally say "hey not my problem" but if the shoe were on the other foot how would it really feel? Also as I mentioned, it's my raising to be thankful and responsible to others and to return something borrowed in the same or better condition. It just reinforced what alot of others said on here and what I should have followed in the first place which is just not borrow and use my own truck or a wrecker.
I am gojng to look at LKQ, or cl for a good running 6.0 and slap it in there and call it a day (my plan as of now).
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #18
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Thanks alot guys and I get nearly everyones point, thanks for the laughs too (definitively needed that). Although the truck is/was a beater pos it was still running w/o a knock when I took posession. I truly believe it was going to blow regardless but I just happened to be the lucky dog it blew out on lol. I am not made of money and will feel the pinch in the repair for sure. I pointed that out in response to "brag" about my 7 cars. Trust me my day would not have been s**tty if I had tons of cash laying around (which I don't) , I would not have even bothered posting it?
Secondly yes I also realize that I could totally say "hey not my problem" but if the shoe were on the other foot how would it really feel? Also as I mentioned, it's my raising to be thankful and responsible to others and to return something borrowed in the same or better condition. It just reinforced what alot of others said on here and what I should have followed in the first place which is just not borrow and use my own truck or a wrecker.
I am gojng to look at LKQ, or cl for a good running 6.0 and slap it in there and call it a day (my plan as of now).

good for you. the "how can I get out of this" and "it's not my responsibility" mentality that's so prevalent nowadays is why the country is in the shape that it's in.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #19
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
good for you. the "how can I get out of this" and "it's not my responsibility" mentality that's so prevalent nowadays is why the country is in the shape that it's in.
This, according to a guy that doesn't punctuate well? Hmm.

Describe the shape of our country in the most objective way you can. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #20
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
This, according to a guy that doesn't punctuate well? Hmm.

Describe the shape of our country in the most objective way you can. Thanks.

My punctuation is fine, and I would best describe the shape of our country in 50% of all households receiving direct government assistance. And of course the massive debt we're incurring to fund it. But I'm sure that's someone else fault too
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #21
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
My punctuation is fine, and I would best describe the shape of our country in 50% of all households receiving direct government assistance. And of course the massive debt we're incurring to fund it. But I'm sure that's someone else fault too
Ok smart guy. Fix it!
Old 08-31-2014, 04:42 PM   #22
RJT RS

Drives: 11 RJT 2LT/RS
Thumbs up

Quote:

X 100 (yeah it makes me puke). OP, there was one thing that stood out, the way the post started. The condition of the truck made me cringe when you borrowed it, risk/reward was out of whack on that one. I do hope something gets worked out that's fair.

Reading these posts, is why I HATE to loan anything.
RJT RS is offline   Reply With Quote