Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #239
BrooklynBoy

Drives: Victory Red LS
My wife's 2012 Red 2LS had the same problem at 5,600 miles... She traded it in... So what do I go and do??? I buy a 2012 1LT with thr RS package and the car is already showing signs of the problem with 218 miles on it... I knew I should have gotten the six speed manual.... !!!!!
BrooklynBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #240
cjon9657

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Send a message via MSN to cjon9657
my camaro does this. and i guess it bugs me a little bit but nothing to much where i'm totally concerned and the way GM is they don't fix anything.
cjon9657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #241
tnkrup

Drives: '12 VR Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4mrock View Post
So, to resurrect this post I've got bad news.

The torque converter was replaced and the car drove great again for about a month. Then out of nowhere the problem reared it's head again, I tried to ignore it at first, thinking no way t could be back but it is just as bad as before.

Had it back to the dealership they recreated it again and this time put a call into the GM Engineers to see what else could be causing it that could be related to the torque converter. Going on 2 weeks though and nothing back yet.

The saga rolls on, at this point I'm just hoping they can't fix it after a couple more tries and I can try the lemon law route.

Keep us updated on this. Had mine replaced at about 7500 miles. I'm now at 11000 and the issue feels like its creeping up again.

Roto Fab CAI | RX Catch Can | BMR 1" springs
20" XXR 006 wheels | Oracle LED lighting
tnkrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #242
Plexi

Drives: black 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing! Please let us know if the dealership was able to get this concern addressed for you. I can also check on your dealership if you would like and set up a case with GM customer service. I would need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

So, guess it wasn't the torque converter, or the cradle bushings. Maybe like what all the others are telling you,all these cars are doing this. And most are asking why don't you reset the shift points so it doesn't labor. Thats when the problem is!!!
As far as i can tell its when the car shift to like 6th gear doing 35mph. You hit the gas it shifts out of that gear,and it doesn't vibrate anymore.
Hell, just take one car that has the problem and try changing the shift points in the computer or whatever controls it, and see if it fixes the problem.

Maybe it will throw off the gas mileage, but i think if this would fix the problem, not many would care about the MPG rating,as long as it stopped the vibrating problem.
Oh, and just think if the brainiac engs, can figure how a simple shift change point,and it cures the problem,look at all the people that will be happy,and not pissed off they got a lemon car. Plus no parts or labor to tear your car apart.
Just a reset on the shift points or whatever the heck controls that. And if you do try it, at least you will know if it fixes the problem or not.
And if not, then you can go back to the guessing game. And if it does fix the problem, maybe pay off our cars for saving you all the money you won't have to pour out to buy peoples cars back that are not satisfied!!!! I can give you my name and number and vin number for that!!! My dealer acts like they haven't ever heard of the problem. Even though i told them,and they were suppose to make a notation. This was day one!!! Still does it. I have a feeling you know what is cauing the problem,but resetting the shift points,throws off the MPG rating,and then its like false advertising..
Plexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #243
Plexi

Dang replying to my own post. I have an idea. I'm going to take my car out,drive it, and record exactly what its doing,and show the speed,etc.
Then post it to you tube, then add the link to here so many others out there can see whats going on.
That way, GM can't say they don't know anything about the problem. I have a little ZoomQ3 recorder, that records sound really good. I can show my mileage ,speed and RPM when the problem is happening.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #244
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
i have this...i think it maybe needs a tune
Old 07-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #245
jscibor

Drives: 2012 camaro RS 45th annv
Replaced the torque converter 2 months ago and same problem is arising again. I hope there's an end in sight.
jscibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #246
jscibor

Drives: 2012 camaro RS 45th annv
This is my second 5th gen camaro(caught my dealership showing me a fake carfax report on the first)I bought the new one so I would not have to rely on trusting them and the thing has been in the shop 4 times(twice for trans shudder). Funny thing is I swore to my wife that we would never by a foreign car (even though she manages a Mercedes repair shop). I'm sadly regretting this. Worst experience with a car I've ever had. I was ok with being disappointed with the dealership, but I have owned GM vehicles my entire life.
jscibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #247
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscibor View Post
This is my second 5th gen camaro(caught my dealership showing me a fake carfax report on the first)I bought the new one so I would not have to rely on trusting them and the thing has been in the shop 4 times(twice for trans shudder). Funny thing is I swore to my wife that we would never by a foreign car (even though she manages a Mercedes repair shop). I'm sadly regretting this. Worst experience with a car I've ever had. I was ok with being disappointed with the dealership, but I have owned GM vehicles my entire life.
I am sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction you are experiencing with your Camaro. If you could please send me details on the dissatisfaction, I would love to look into this for you. Also, I would need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

I look forward to working with you.

Brandon
Old 07-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #248
Plexi

Quote:
Funny thing is I swore to my wife that we would never by a foreign car (even though she manages a Mercedes repair shop). I'm sadly regretting this. Worst experience with a car I've ever had. I was ok with being disappointed with the dealership, but I have owned GM vehicles my entire life.
I think you did buy a foreign car, the Camaros are built in Canada..

I found this statement..

""""" To date the GM plant in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada has the task of building the new Camaro because of their excellent quality control record""""

They may be a mark or two down now on their rating..

And this ad, makes it sound so good. I don't see anywhere where it says you'll love the rumble vibration that is an added feature. http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-performance-car.html
Old 07-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #249
330cavaliers

Drives: Summit White 2012 2LS
First post for this issue!

2012 2LS automatic

Problem arose at around 11,000 miles. Took the car to the dealer today after describing the problem as a "shutter in the gas pedal at 35-50 mph".

Not a single person at the dealership actually asked me in person to describe what was happening. I watched them drive the car off the lot, being sure to slam through a gigantic crater of muddy water on the way out, without telling me they were leaving or asking me to come along to help recreate the problem.

After the test drive, I was informed that the "50 point vehicle inspection passed and that the issue could not be reproduced". I was also told that a review of all bulletins was performed and no relevant documents could be found. At this point, I read off the bulletin number of the document provided in this thread. I was then told that I didn't describe the problem specifically and appropriately enough for them to find this bulletin in their search!!!! I'm sure they didn't look up anything at all. After reading the bulletin, I was told that the whole car would be shaking like crazy if the TCC was the problem. Maybe this is true, but they hadn't yet done anything at this point that would make me trust anything they were saying.

Final conclusion was: "You can leave it here, and we can put 30 or 40 miles on it to try and see if there is a problem."

Final answer from me: Yeah right.
330cavaliers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #250
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cavaliers View Post
First post for this issue!

2012 2LS automatic

Problem arose at around 11,000 miles. Took the car to the dealer today after describing the problem as a "shutter in the gas pedal at 35-50 mph".

Not a single person at the dealership actually asked me in person to describe what was happening. I watched them drive the car off the lot, being sure to slam through a gigantic crater of muddy water on the way out, without telling me they were leaving or asking me to come along to help recreate the problem.

After the test drive, I was informed that the "50 point vehicle inspection passed and that the issue could not be reproduced". I was also told that a review of all bulletins was performed and no relevant documents could be found. At this point, I read off the bulletin number of the document provided in this thread. I was then told that I didn't describe the problem specifically and appropriately enough for them to find this bulletin in their search!!!! I'm sure they didn't look up anything at all. After reading the bulletin, I was told that the whole car would be shaking like crazy if the TCC was the problem. Maybe this is true, but they hadn't yet done anything at this point that would make me trust anything they were saying.

Final conclusion was: "You can leave it here, and we can put 30 or 40 miles on it to try and see if there is a problem."

Final answer from me: Yeah right.
I am sorry to hear of this! It may be best to leave it with them or to even take a ride with them to try and reproduce the issue. Was this an available option to you? Please let us know!

Brandon
Old 07-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #251
330cavaliers

Drives: Summit White 2012 2LS
No it was not an option. Like I said, they didn't even ask for a description of the problem from me while I was there.

Wouldn't be willing to leave my car with them at this point.

I guess if they have to repair something under warranty they won't be making any money so...why should they bother.
330cavaliers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #252
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cavaliers View Post
No it was not an option. Like I said, they didn't even ask for a description of the problem from me while I was there.

Wouldn't be willing to leave my car with them at this point.

I guess if they have to repair something under warranty they won't be making any money so...why should they bother.
If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and the dealership name, I will be more than happy to check it out for you!

Please let me know!

Brandon

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging