Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #29
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post
I expect that the huge spike in Camaro sales was due to the 'vert coming out. Anyone have any idea why the Mustang sales have been so irregular the last few months? I understand the increase with the new model year, but then it has gone up and down since then.
Sales go up when they offer huge incentives,such as July. With incentives removed,sales drop.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #30
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
What's with the Chally sales, they never go above 4000. Not a lot of love out there for the Chally!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #31
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #32
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Boss 302 deliveries helped them last month. The price points on the Chally just don't add up, great car - to high of a price tag

Chevy's got two bullets left in its gun (ZL1 & Z28*), Ford has a few possibles (GT500-Cobra update, Mach-1, Bullitt & SVO). Dodge... keeps bringing sticks to gun fights... the ballsiest thing they did was the V10 Track Pack, but that's it...
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #33
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
"July 2011 Camaro Sales and Production Figures. Camaro Retakes Monthly Sales Lead"

Glad to help.

(Bought mine 07/13/11)

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #34
slp427

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM w/IO Int SLP ZL427
any numbers on coupe vs convertible for Camaro?
slp427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #35
Bleed-Green

Drives: 2006 Tahoe LS
LPO ILLUMINATED FOOTWELLS/Cupholder Package

Does anyone have pics of the LPO illuminated footwells package in the camaro????
Bleed-Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
We lost it? I musta missed last month's numbers.
It seems to be a June thing. Maybe Ford overproduces (for their regular summer shutdown) in June more than GM does
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #37
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Tue Camaro sales jump.may be due to the free insurance that GM provided in two states that were having lackluster sales but i don't recall the states or when exactly that incentive was starting. It's a good point about the Boss 302 deliveries giving Ford the lead last month and even though the Challenger hasn't peaked above 4,000 units at least they've been steady and slightly on the rise which is a good thing since thwy dont produce as many units like Ford and Chevy do. The one that really makes me think is when Chevy goes into the 6th Gen design in 2015 I believe, how much of an impact will the Camaro have on the public with the promotion of Transformers movies just about done and that this design was so remnant of the 1st Gen capturing the hearts of old owners and new. It's almost a scary thought whether Chevy can strike lightning twice. Sorry if it sounds very negative.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #38
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post
I expect that the huge spike in Camaro sales was due to the 'vert coming out. Anyone have any idea why the Mustang sales have been so irregular the last few months? I understand the increase with the new model year, but then it has gone up and down since then.
From another forum:
Mustang sales are way down because Ford is starving us dealers for inventory. Factory isn't building hardly any Mustangs, even when we submit special orders for customers. V6's are super hard to get and GT's (especially MT82's) are like pulling teeth to get. I think Ford is trying to address all of the concerns we're hearing about (i.e. MT82, #8 Cylinder, etc.), so they're intentionally keeping production at a snail's pace.
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #39
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enator View Post
From another forum:
Mustang sales are way down because Ford is starving us dealers for inventory. Factory isn't building hardly any Mustangs, even when we submit special orders for customers. V6's are super hard to get and GT's (especially MT82's) are like pulling teeth to get. I think Ford is trying to address all of the concerns we're hearing about (i.e. MT82, #8 Cylinder, etc.), so they're intentionally keeping production at a snail's pace.
Then why is it that I keep hearing that dealers have about a 3 month inventory of Mustangs?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #40
chain777

Drives: Slow
I know Mustangs are scarce around here. I searched cars.com and within a 30 mile radius of me (most of Chicago and the suburbs), I found 76 new Mustangs available and 238 Camaros. That jives with what I see on the lots around here.

They definitely have a supply issue.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #41
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Such conflicting information on Mustang sales and why they are slow, I remember seeing the selling days figure for the Mustang some months ago and it was over 100 days. Based on that there isn't an inventory issue (or some models are over supplied and others under supplied). Then a report from Ford stating that the V6 is selling fast with something like a 30 day supply.

Now the story is being told that its under supplied completely and I don't know which to believe. Yet no one has proven the 100+ selling days to have been wrong though its possible that things have changed from then to now.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #42
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
I have also heard that the V6’s were scarce which would affect sales by 30-40% but as for the Getrag’s, I have not heard anything about them. If the Getrag was being limited it would affect V6 and 5.0 sales as the 6MT1500 (MT82) is used for both engines. Ford’s numbers fluctuate mostly because of the low production numbers each month. They do not maintain a steady pace like GM did with the Camaro so dealer shortages are common. Almost 90% of Mustang orders are special ordered through the dealer leaving 10% as floor models. Floor models tend to stay on the lot for long periods of time and with further incentives to those customers that special order, it’s hard to purchase a floor model that has been sunbathing and test driven since it’s arrival… The spike in last month’s sales wasn’t really a spike at all, the Mustang has routinely sold 8000 plus since spring began with the occasional 6k plus in May and July. This is the V6 shortage and there simply is no way to meet demand of the V6 while the 5.0 sales are this high. Selling 8000 plus units a month is well beyond Flat rocks production capacity at the moment with one shift. If 5000 are produced and 8000 are sold, it will naturally show up the following month as a decrease in overall sales. The following month will spike again due to the special orders rolling out and those who waited start receiving the units.

The Boss 302’s were gone for the most part in March and April, Ford has seen to it that the Boss was shipped before the racing season started. The increase in sales is not from the Boss 302 unless Ford has initiated a Job #2 (and that is also possible). I have heard of Mustang's sitting on lots for 100 days admittedly only on this website. I was led to a dealership by a forum member here the last time this was brought up. I ran the VINs and pulled the window stickers up to find the build dates. Most of the cars were built the month/ 2 months prior yet they have sat on the lot for 3 months. I though it was extremely hard to believe that a 2012 Mustang had been sitting on the lot, longer than it had been in production... but anything is possible...

The key to victory this late in the game is profit per unit and as Ford limits production and ensures it sales exactly what is produce allows the maximum profit margin at the end of the year. It is difficult to actually predict sales and tailor the production numbers to fit. For instance, the Camaro convertible that everybody thought was going to double the Camaro’s sales has turned out to be alittle short. As of last month and 5 full months of production and sales, the Camaro convertibles have only 7500 registrations. This month you can see GM severely limiting production so they do not get into a 2010/2011 predicament again for 2012. For every single Camaro left unsold after the model year mitigates the profit of 12 Camaros sold (assuming that profits per vehicle are very high, around $2,500ish).

Sales are very poor for the Mustang, the only thing that keeps Ford producing the 5.0 over the V6 is the aftermarket money the engine brings. The more 5.0 that are out there, the more aftermarket equipment is sold… and we can assume that the sales are enthusiast driven… Sales for the Camaro are also poor, the season for car buying is over and its downhill we go. The V6 Camaro is the mover now, outselling the SS 3:1 at the minimum. The first two years will make or break a models future, for those of you who are eager for the 6th Gen are in for a long, drawn out wait… Before GM can step it up to the 6th Gen they need to ensure the 5th Gen is paid in full with enough profit to fund the R&D of the next model. Selling 6-8k units a month is not going to cut it…. Sadly, this is all that was mustered… The Chally is probably winning the profit race, the MSRP was adjusted higher than the competition and the profit margin per vehicle could be almost twice as much. This is likely why there are only 3000-4000 units produced/sold a month, one shift working part time and maximizing profits with a higher MSRP. This is where Ford is going with the V8’s (Boss, GT500 and even the GT) because the cost of production is nowhere near the invoice price. This is why you can buy a brand new 2012 Mustang for $32k and receive an instant $2000 cash back on the “ok to sell” date (first day on sale) because production after almost a decade is dirt cheap. Invoice is what Ford is concerned with, $2000 cash back off of the MSRP doesn’t affect the manufacturer.

This is going to be a very slow winter, I don’t know if the Challenger is up for another generation or even if Dodge could capture the same passion they did with the current car. Ford may have another 2 model years left in the S197 or a really long MY13, either way Ford is going megaton on the next Mustang as it will cease to be an affordable musclecar and become a world class sports coupe. The Camaro 6 will probably upset most of the current Camaro 5 crowd as GM sits in a similar position as Dodge does. It will be difficult to capture the passion of the original without the retro and seeing that the 6th Gen will come to market long after the 50th anniversary Mustang, GM will most likely have to play every card the first model year to catch up (like the 2010 Camaro). Leaving the model nowhere to advance as far as looks are concerned without upsetting the current fanbase…
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote