Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #57
Black Beauty
"The Camaro Whisperer"

Drives: 2010&1969Camaros,03 Impala,76Nova
Black Beauty was picked by David Leone Team Camaro Award

David Leone is the Global Vehicle Line Executive for Chevrolet. What an honor to be picked by him. He really liked Black Beauty and autographed the award for her. Way Cool!
Attached Images

Black Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #58
Black Beauty
"The Camaro Whisperer"

It took 22 hours to hand paint that block in the car with Por 15 engine enamel paint. The end results were well worth the time I invested in it, but I probably will never do it again.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #59
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Beauty View Post
It took 22 hours to hand paint that block in the car with Por 15 engine enamel paint. The end results were well worth the time I invested in it, but I probably will never do it again.
I remember your car well. My wife and I said, wow, when we saw it. Your engine bay is spectacular to say the least.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #60
Lemondrop 69

Drives: Yellow 1969 convert
Ok, it seem I know what must of happen to the results!
The rain came in,so hard, and so fast!
The score sheets got wet!,the ink ran,so the driver tried holding the out
The window at 120mph!(driving a zl1 I'm sure)
And they slipped out of the his hand!
So, now the results are in some cornfield in Indiana!
Lol
In my eyes the best award is the car you built and care so much about
Any way!
So everybody wins, and has the reward of driving car for others to enjoy!
Hope, Indy has it again next year, and had a great time!
Lemondrop 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #61
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
.........Thank you very much for posting the results !!!!!!!!

Last edited by lawdog; 08-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #62
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Guys...there is no "right thing" here. I understand there was some confusion, but this was an informal car show at a gathering of Camaro enthusiasts. That's it.

I've been to plenty of car shows...won some and lost some. While there are pieces that are measurable, for the most part everything is completely subjective. What one judge likes another does not. Being a stock car doesn't automatically disqualify you, just as having 1000 horsepower shouldn't either. Car shows are supposed to reward the best looking cars...not separate everyone into different categories to make everything "fair". That's a little league mentality where everyone gets a trophy.

If you look at the GM award winners you'll see that they're all over the place, and that the cars look completely different.

Camaro5fest is really still in its infancy, and every year something new is learned. This should make next year's fest (in Texas...hint...hint) even better.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #63
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
I was honored to recieve three awards. "Moderators Choice Award" from Doug (TAG). Team Camaro Awards from John Cox (Manager - Performance Vehicles and Motorsports), and Anthony Biondo (Assistant Advertising Manager). Apparently, I should have only gotten one from the Camaro Group, but I didn't know there was a rule about that and Anthony didn't know I had already recieved one from John. After he realized I had already gotten one from John, he didn't have the heart to take it back. What a nice group of people we have working on our cars. All of the GM people I talked with were really super nice and were very interested in what I had done to the car. I'm sure that was the case with everyone.

Here is a pic of me and my wife (Melissa) with Doug, me with John, and last but not least, Anthony.

Name:  Doug Iden.jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  163.8 KB

Name:  John Cox.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  145.4 KB

Name:  Anthony Biondo.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  120.9 KB

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #64
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Guys...there is no "right thing" here. I understand there was some confusion, but this was an informal car show at a gathering of Camaro enthusiasts. That's it.

I've been to plenty of car shows...won some and lost some. While there are pieces that are measurable, for the most part everything is completely subjective. What one judge likes another does not. Being a stock car doesn't automatically disqualify you, just as having 1000 horsepower shouldn't either. Car shows are supposed to reward the best looking cars...not separate everyone into different categories to make everything "fair". That's a little league mentality where everyone gets a trophy.

If you look at the GM award winners you'll see that they're all over the place, and that the cars look completely different.

Camaro5fest is really still in its infancy, and every year something new is learned. This should make next year's fest (in Texas...hint...hint) even better.
I wasn't even in the car show and I was honored to receive my gm award. I was just waiting for them to autograph my car.

She came up to me and said she absolutely loved my car and what I did to it. Almost had a run in with an onion throwing ninja. Was totally unexpected and the highlight of the fest for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #65
Black Beauty
"The Camaro Whisperer"

fastfreddie, Thanks for the compliment, and I'll return one to you. The color scheme throughout your car is off the charts. Very well done, and thought out. Hope our paths will cross again.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #66
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
onion throwing ninja....LMAO

that's funny right there...hahaha

And DANG FF! THREE awards?!?! WOW! Congrats! Told ya your color scheme was kick ass!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #67
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
I haven't gone thru this thread deeply in detail, however many I make a request to the mods? Could you also include the persons screen names in the winners list so it may be easier to find/identify a picture of their car? I'm still working on connecting names to screen names. Thanks!
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #68
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by elainehod View Post
My ZL1 got Michael Abbot's Moderator's Choice award, due to its great paint job, and I thank you so much Michael! I also go to a lot of car shows and this car has never come home empty. Yes, it is about cleanliness, and how everything is put together. I do agree that there should have been 1st through 3rd places for the classes, which were Best engine bay, Best interior, Best paint. Then there was Best 1st generation through 5th gen...this is a 1st place only award. All in all, it was a good show, but yes it could use some refining. A central location would be great. Also, if there were several teams of judges, how did these teams determine the winner when they only looked at different cars? was it strictly a point system? If so, what if what team was stricter on the points than another? I had a great time and look forward to the next. All in all...phenominal organization. Way to go!
Name:  528489_334443599980570_1371710930_n.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  83.2 KB

Name:  614672_334443586647238_1957823319_o.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  129.0 KB

Name:  620405_334443563313907_2094556878_o.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  151.6 KB

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #69
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Congratulations to all the winners!! Thank you to everyone who was able to make it out. Hopefully everyone got home safely!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #70
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Congrats guys!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote