Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #71
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post

Game On!
That's an awesome pic. I have to say I love that blue the GT500 offers.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #72
YourBlindingBias
Banned

Drives: GT500/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
No need to, the burden is placed on you to prove me wrong. I showed you three reliable sources including the chief engineer that state it's included. Sorry you need to move on to your non track warrantied outdated solid rear axle mustang.
Sorry but ink on paper is more reliable, so you won't scan your warranty booklet and show everyone where it says track racing is covered then?

I don't need it to be track warrantied and I never expected it, I'll bet you can't prove me wrong when you get your warranty booklet though. game on? btw I'm sure the live axle will be fine it's a very stout piece no matter how outdated it holds up to the power.
Should I say have fun with your nav system and pushrods?
That would be ironic wouldn't it? if I said something about another car when I had outdated stuff on my own car?
oh wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapp32e View Post
If your only building a strip rocket why not buy a new discounted 2012 GT500 and throw the $$ saved from the 2013 into mods. For the same cash as the new one you could have a modded 2012 that would prob beat a 2013 on the strip.
because it won't be what I want? 650hp to start with is a great platform and with the new chassis improvement even better.
plus I do like the taillights more. and it's not only for strip duty if it was a one trick pony I wouldn't buy it.
YourBlindingBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #73
Unobtainium
Fabricator

Drives: 2011 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapp32e View Post
If your only building a strip rocket why not buy a new discounted 2012 GT500 and throw the $$ saved from the 2013 into mods. For the same cash as the new one you could have a modded 2012 that would prob beat a 2013 on the strip.
Easily. But, by that mentality, you would get the 5.0GT, and mod it, or a terminator, or wait, a fox coupe...
Seriously though, the new GT500 with a 3.6L would be great with the new mods for longevity. Better yet, I'd go turbo. Twin Borg Warner EFR's. 1000whp should really not be very hard. I mean, they did it on a 4.8L LS motor...!
393whp L99
GPI VVT Turbo Cam-in
Unobtainium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #74
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBlindingBias View Post
Sorry but ink on paper is more reliable, so you won't scan your warranty booklet and show everyone where it says track racing is covered then?

I don't need it to be track warrantied and I never expected it, I'll bet you can't prove me wrong when you get your warranty booklet though. game on? btw I'm sure the live axle will be fine it's a very stout piece.
Should I say have fun with your nav system and pushrods? no I won't say that.

there is a section in the maunal about prepping the car for the track and waranty. If you are going to stand behind a car why would failure matter whether it was on the street or the track if the car is un modified???

I am not sure why it matters to you though you clearly favor the shelby go over to those forums.

It is obvious you dont' believe there is waranty even though there is but it you not buying one why are you arguing the point. are you just one of those tool's that likes to argue to argue?

The General Motors New Vehicle Limited Warranty covers defects in the workmanship or materials of a new vehicle. The warranty does not cover normal "wear and tear" or customer’s abuse to their vehicle. Nor does the warranty cover any modifications and /or any vehicle failures as a result of those modifications.

• If a customer elects to drive their ZL1 in a racing or competitive manner, the customer should be advised to thoroughly read their Owner’s Manual and Warranty Guide before undertaking such activities to ensure they are not exceeding the vehicle limits.

• The Camaro ZL1 Owner’s Manual will devote a section to "Racing or Other Comptetive Driving" that should be thoroughly reviewed by the customer before engaging in any events and/or activities to ensure compliance with the General Motors Limited New Vehicle Warranty.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #75
snapp32e

Drives: '81-Z28/'07-Tundra/'12-ZL1/'13-Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtainium View Post
Easily. But, by that mentality, you would get the 5.0GT, and mod it, or a terminator, or wait, a fox coupe...
Seriously though, the new GT500 with a 3.6L would be great with the new mods for longevity. Better yet, I'd go turbo. Twin Borg Warner EFR's. 1000whp should really not be very hard. I mean, they did it on a 4.8L LS motor...!
uhm.......ok??
ZL1 #612
snapp32e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #76
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
there is a section in the maunal about prepping the car for the track and waranty. If you are going to stand behind a car why would failure matter whether it was on the street or the track if the car is un modified???

I am not sure why it matters to you though you clearly favor the shelby go over to those forums.

It is obvious you dont' believe there is waranty even though there is but it you not buying one why are you arguing the point. are you just one of those tool's that likes to argue to argue?

The General Motors New Vehicle Limited Warranty covers defects in the workmanship or materials of a new vehicle. The warranty does not cover normal "wear and tear" or customer’s abuse to their vehicle. Nor does the warranty cover any modifications and /or any vehicle failures as a result of those modifications.

• If a customer elects to drive their ZL1 in a racing or competitive manner, the customer should be advised to thoroughly read their Owner’s Manual and Warranty Guide before undertaking such activities to ensure they are not exceeding the vehicle limits.

• The Camaro ZL1 Owner’s Manual will devote a section to "Racing or Other Comptetive Driving" that should be thoroughly reviewed by the customer before engaging in any events and/or activities to ensure compliance with the General Motors Limited New Vehicle Warranty.
Ohh, that hurts. Hey Your Blind, is that clear enough for you or are you too blind to face the truth.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #77
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
I heard the ZL1's will start arriving by mid march
Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #78
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
look out the window.....maybe one is creeping in the bushes now...
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #79
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
No that's just my SS dressing up as one
Old 03-16-2012, 05:06 AM   #80
Ltespd

Drives: 2010 SS, 2006 SC Saleen
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
To many, however, it's about value. One can just about always achieve more performance by spending more money, If one is only concerned with which car is the best performance production road car, I think the answer is the Bugatti Veyron.
You totally missed the point. You're a smart guy...you probably missed it on purpose. The ZL1 and GT500 are competitors. Competing in the same market. In this particular market I want to know which car performs best. Give me the best Camaro, give me the best Mustang and lets see who wins. Then if you want to add or knock off points because one costs more than the other. Fine.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #81
YourBlindingBias
Banned

Drives: GT500/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post

It says right there, to consult your warranty guide...
That isn't a warranty guide, you have to make sure you are compliant with what is in the warranty guide, I just want to see what that would be...
YourBlindingBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #82
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
I heard the ZL1's will start arriving by mid march

source ? Lol
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #83
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltespd View Post
You totally missed the point. You're a smart guy...you probably missed it on purpose. The ZL1 and GT500 are competitors. Competing in the same market. In this particular market I want to know which car performs best. Give me the best Camaro, give me the best Mustang and lets see who wins. Then if you want to add or knock off points because one costs more than the other. Fine.
I did not miss the point, purposely or not. I used a case at the extreme to highlight the fact that it is straight forward to achieve more performance with more money, and in that particular case, a lot more money, and a lot more performance. Certainly, if one so desires, one can compare two vehicles, whether they are in the same "class" or not, and determine which vehicle without regard to price has more performance. Whether that determination has any significance is a conclusion that is left for the observer, who may consider that "classes," and prices within "classes," can vary greatly.

I believe that most understand that, in general, the vehicle that is materially more expensive is likely to achieve more performance than the vehicle that costs less. For example, if one vehicle is ten percent more expensive than another, I would expect the more expensive vehicle to have more performance than the less expensive vehicle. It's no great accomplishment to produce a vehicle that is more expensive and has more performance than a competitor's vehicle, however, that result may be of interest to some.

You may not be interested in price with regard to vehicle performance comparisons of vehicles in the same "class," but my point was that to many buying customers, who aren't only interested in the question of which vehicle performs better without regard to price, performance value is a significant consideration, and which vehicle performs better at the same price point is a very relevant determination.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #84
Wondering

Drives: Z06,GS Vert,Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
That is true, which is why I said the drag times make for good reading especially for the general population who do not appreciate or understand what it takes to make a 4100+ lb camaro complete a time of 7:41 at the ring or 2:52 at VIR. The GT500 will dominate (IMO) at the strip and the general population will conclude the GT500 is the superior vehicle, but the enthusiast will know the truth At least we know we will be covered under warranty when we are at the track

I'm still waiting for confirmation on this from GM. Al O saying it in a video on Youtube isn't going to impress my service writer if I break something at the track.

Edit: Just read Hognutz's post and all I got from it was to "read the manual". Until that is available,it's all just speculation & conjecture.

Will be sweet if it is covered while on the track. I know a lot of guys that track Corvettes (myself included) and once on the track,we were on our own. Hopefully,they extend the coverage next year to the Z06/ZR1.

Last edited by Wondering; 03-16-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Wondering is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gt500 vs 700 hp z/28