Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #57
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
The thread isn't BS, and I wasn't really comparing performance, so I didn't mean the "VS" part to mean put them up against each other at a drag strip.

I was merely thinking outloud... there is a price difference and I can see how most people will be confused as why I'm looking at both these vehicles as they seem like, well, apples and oranges.

I should have known better than to post, as most people would either not read my post, just the title or read my post and not care because in their head all they see is CAMARO VS C63...

Both cars are capable of making me completely happy... (ME)

... i'll just wait to drive a Camaro to make my final decision, then I'll just wait until it's time to buy and see if anything has changed between the two. Maybe I won't even care for either car when it comes down to finally buying myself a car.... we'll see.

Anyways, my mistake for making this thread.

edit: maybe it will make more sense if I said the Camaro has more of a sentimental value variable to it...

Well let me apologize then for my part in the downward spiral the thread took. Those of us who have been around here for a while have become a little jaded in the VS section of the forums.

They aren't really legitimate cross shopping vehicles. If you buy the Camaro- it will be for the completely emotional aspect of it. It is an extraordinarily sharp car that has a lot of history with it, most of it pretty good. You won't be cross shopping from a performance aspect. The Camaro likely has the goods to keep you happy, but the Mercedes has the edge.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #58
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Next up Camaro SS vs.

That has got to be the coolest shuttle pic EVER!! I had to save it to my computer. That just screams POWER!
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #59
MrIcky

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
That has got to be the coolest shuttle pic EVER!! I had to save it to my computer. That just screams POWER!
That is a great pic. I saw it and went wow- then literally the next website I looked at had the new pictures from hubble:

Name:  090909_nasa3_slideshow_604x500.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  553.1 KB

and I realized no matter how fast that thing goes, we'll never get out of our little tiny corner closet of space. I was feeling really philosophical yesterday, I don't think I drink enough.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #60
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
That is a great pic. I saw it and went wow- then literally the next website I looked at had the new pictures from hubble:

Attachment 53437

and I realized no matter how fast that thing goes, we'll never get out of our little tiny corner closet of space. I was feeling really philosophical yesterday, I don't think I drink enough.
Sorry OP i know we are side tracked... Thats a freckin cool pick MRicky... Space amazes me.... To bad im not smart enough to understand half of it Like black holes.... They make my head hurt
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #61
MrIcky

Ya that was in MSN.com. Which led me here: http://hubblesite.org/. Which is WAY off topic. If nothing else- great PC wallpaper material.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #62
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Sorry OP you can have your thread back now

Knowing the Camaro has more of a sentimental value to it... does make this thread make more sense! JMO
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #63
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Ya that was in MSN.com. Which led me here: http://hubblesite.org/. Which is WAY off topic. If nothing else- great PC wallpaper material.
I like that one bright red star. soooooo prutteeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 09-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #64
2010 CAMARO SS RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
i would say the c63. it is faster and better handling then the camaro.+ mersedes' are great cars. i had an ml350 that lasted 34000miles without any problems and i sold it at 76000 miles. they are very reliable cars. i also had an e320 and i loved it.
2010 CAMARO SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #65
Camarorss350
camaro blogger

Drives: 2010 Black on Black SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Camarorss350
get the camaro, you wont regret it...

Camarorss350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #66
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Honestly if that is really your price range id go test drive an M3.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #67
Marvelous

Drives: ex 1st gen owner
Cool

Look at my post count, I don't post much so I'm not familiar with the way this section has become(deteriorated, if it has) so yeah.

We'll see how it turns out, if I decide against the Camaro for whatever reason, I'll be back and post them here anyways, just to share my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Honestly if that is really your price range id go test drive an M3.
I don't like them, I have only sat in one and they're awesome but I'm not big on the styling... not for me. I have had an interest in the C63 since the new body style came out not to long ago... I just love it.

For now, I'll just keep saving, and planning until I'm ready to buy.

p.s. Saw a black one (camaro) today pulling into a McDonald's Sure was sexy, had not seen one on the street for a few weeks!

Last edited by Marvelous; 09-11-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #68
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
Look at my post count, I don't post much so I'm not familiar with the way this section has become(deteriorated, if it has) so yeah.

We'll see how it turns out, if I decide against the Camaro for whatever reason, I'll be back and post them here anyways, just to share my experience

I don't like them, I have only sat in one and they're awesome but I'm not big on the styling... not for me. I have had an interest in the C63 since the new body style came out not to long ago... I just love it.

For now, I'll just keep saving, and planning until I'm ready to buy.

p.s. Saw a black one today pulling into a McDonald's Sure was sexy, had not seen one on the street for a few weeks!

You dont like the styling on the M3? Jeeeeezeee I guess looks are subjective but I'd say the M3 is a much better looker than the C63. If you dropping over 50g's on a car, at least go out and test drive it and its competition
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #69
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
You dont like the styling on the M3? Jeeeeezeee I guess looks are subjective but I'd say the M3 is a much better looker than the C63. If you dropping over 50g's on a car, at least go out and test drive it and its competition

I like the way the C63 looks better than the M3 also..lol..dont tell anybody though
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #70
Marvelous

Drives: ex 1st gen owner
Quote:
I might go test drive one, but BMW in general, they're styling has never made me go "daaaaaaayummm" lol, I might test drive one for fun, but if I'm not big on the styling why even bother?

Great machines though.