Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #99
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Full disclosure on Camaro5, email I sent to Pedders

Bottom line, this is a SERIOUS upgrade. Without proper tires and brakes, tying my chassis together would either A.) Send me skipping like a stone on water through the turns without good rubber... or B.) Turn my Brembo's into metal shavings...

And honestly, its too much suspension for the power I am putting out... This is GT4 suspension!!!
I have you PM and will call today.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #100
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Pete,
What if any is the difference between the 2 Pedders Camaros beside the Xa coilovers Vs. Supercar coilovers?

Thanks!
Version I: Full Suspension with Xa coilovers, 305/30/19 Bridgestone RE-11s on Forgeline 19x10s all around, stock brakes with Colbalt Friction XR1 front and XR3 rear pads, ProCharger, fluid coolers

Version II: Full Suspension with Supercar coilovers, 305/30/19 Bridgestone RE-11s on Forgeline 19x10s all around, CTS-V brakes with Colbalt Friction XR1 front and XR2 rear pads, ProCharger, fluid coolers, Stage II intercooler, wrapped headers, plenum insulation removed, MAF moved to the intercooler.

Running laps, heat soak results in the computer pulling out timing and RWHP loss. We did everything we could with our setup to reduce RWHP loss on version two. It helped a bit. We found two seconds in the Supercars and brakes.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #101
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Version I: Full Suspension with Xa coilovers, 305/30/19 Bridgestone RE-11s on Forgeline 19x10s all around, stock brakes with Colbalt Friction XR1 front and XR3 rear pads, ProCharger, fluid coolers

Version II: Full Suspension with Supercar coilovers, 305/30/19 Bridgestone RE-11s on Forgeline 19x10s all around, CTS-V brakes with Colbalt Friction XR1 front and XR2 rear pads, ProCharger, fluid coolers, Stage II intercooler, wrapped headers, plenum insulation removed, MAF moved to the intercooler.

Running laps, heat soak results in the computer pulling out timing and RWHP loss. We did everything we could with our setup to reduce RWHP loss on version two. It helped a bit. We found two seconds in the Supercars and brakes.
Pete - Have you guys done any work on CTS-Vs (2nd Generation)? I noticed in another thread in the ZL1 section where a V II owner lowered the car and used shorter struts for the ride sensors. The owner didn't comment on the manufacturer of the parts in that threar, but I was just curious of you could comment. I know you guys are getting a ZL1, and I believe Z28 would come with the MR shocks, too (so I'm stretching that further into Z28 development), so I figured you might be putting together a game plan, so-to-speak.

Thanks

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #102
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Pete - Have you guys done any work on CTS-Vs (2nd Generation)? I noticed in another thread in the ZL1 section where a V II owner lowered the car and used shorter struts for the ride sensors. The owner didn't comment on the manufacturer of the parts in that threar, but I was just curious of you could comment. I know you guys are getting a ZL1, and I believe Z28 would come with the MR shocks, too (so I'm stretching that further into Z28 development), so I figured you might be putting together a game plan, so-to-speak.

Thanks
We have a sunny day in Michigan. How is the weather in your area?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #103
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Touche

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #104
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:

I lived in Michigan for 20 years and saw 0.002 sunny days.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #105
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
GM is, and has been a follower and not a leader in the Pony car market.

I say this because they are usually reactive instead of proactive when it comes to innovation and thrusting out new models.

But, when Camaro responds to a Mustang bite, it usually responds with a hammer. I wish they WOULD bring out something that you see FORD for a change go out and buy a ZL1 or Z28 or whatever to go comparison testing their new model. But so far we've only seen that with the ZL1 testing.

I'm tired of the answers following the question. For once I'd like to see GM get out in front. FAR in front.

Other than that, the "car wars" are great. In the end we all win, whichever brand we prefer.

But that article...PURE speculation. All of it. Only GM knows for sure.

Wow - I miss some threads -- and frankly, I may have already posted in this one - (if I did - sorry!)

Let's take a walk, shall we --------------down memory lane.

There was this engine called the LT1 -- and it ruled the street - and THEN there was the LS1 - and how many years did it take Mustang to finally build an engine that could compete?

And THEN there's this thing called the Z06 and another called the ZR1..........

Remember: The Mustang is Ford's Performance car - we have some lethal weapons in the Camaro and Corvette............

So - in terms of GM being out front?

I'd say we've been out-front since - oh - say - 1990 with the ZR1..............

And with all of that said: WE are never finished............
Old 03-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #106
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
LS7 is not a big block.
Number 3, please forgive my use of the term "Big Block" with current late model engines. My use stemmed from the actual size of the block vs the interchangeability between the two styles of blocks. I understand that the older true Big Blocks (396,427,& 454) were seven liter engines that other than the basic architecture, OHV - Push Rod Design have no interchangeable parts with the current LS7 - 7 liter engine. So my terminology of using the words Big Block is based solely on the common 7 liter size of the two styles of engines and nothing more. Sorry, I hope you understand. I certainly value your opinion on all things Chevy but especially Camaro. Stay warm up there.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #107
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

Would a hood like the ZL1's design help?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #108
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Would a hood like the ZL1's design help?
I bet that helps more air flow through the grille, coolers, radiator, condensor, etc. The placement of the air filter for that SC doesn't really help itself, either, I imagine...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #109
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
I have you PM and will call today.
Hey Pete, Suspension restrictions are unlimited along with brakes and wheel/tires. All components must be cleaned prior to inspection, (Exceptions)

1.) Suspension must be clean and free of debris prior to inspection, otherwise be denied inspection and prohibited for track use.

2.) As long as suspensions are not deemed unsuitable for track use via inspection; such as worn or damaged components.

3.) Factory components cannot be fabricated.

4.) Any modifications performed that are aftermarket components will be factory replacements; fabrication to suspension by welding or cutting is prohibited

Quote me for the coils...

Also, As I said on the phone, I would like to run 275/40-18's.
Is it possible to run a 285+ on the front with 18s?
Do you suggest a 19" so I can run a 30-35 sidewall? (even if you said yes I would probably fight you on it)

I am looking at the Enkei PF01's because they are extremely light for the price, right now a 18x9 but if I can squeeze a 285+ up front I will go to the 18x9.5. I will be running Nitto's but, the NT01 only comes in 275/40 (26.65" height) and 35 (25.55")-18 but the 555RII come in a 285/35-18 (25.91" height).

Edit: Nitto's might be out of the question, I think there is a tread wear limit of 140..

Last edited by thePill; 03-07-2011 at 05:58 PM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #110
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Like you, I believe that GM had full intentions at one time to name the coming ZL1 a 'Z28' and over time things changed. Ed Welburn came out along time ago and said that the Z28 would be returning. As time continued with the Z28 project it evolved into the ZL1 project. Like you, I am more sympathetic towards the name Z28 because it was a car that I grew up with. But with everything that Chevy did with the ZL1 and we still do not know everything that is in the package, it is a phenomenal car. The name Z28 would have been nice, but I see why they chose ZL1 and I can live with that name very easily. I just need to convince them that it needs the rear brake vents from the Jay Leno car and a Marina Blue paint job. Thanks for the nice words.
JEDI.... "Something" tells me that Mr. Wellburn is aging like we are and wanted to see "something even more special than a Z/28" if possible before he was too old to enjoy it like many of us! I, like OldSchool, believe the ZL-1 name will not be a frequent visitor to this planet. Therefore, it IS the car to replace what I lost when I had to sell my car (in pic) due to health issues. No car has ever come close to filling the void til ZL-1.. Thanks GM! Now, to make it happen!

edit: I hope the Z/28 IS released on the Alpha, IS a high strung motor, IS still comfy to drive and NOT a stripped down road racer, and finally, IS NOT going to replace the ZL-1 in either a straight line or curvy derby!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #111
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
JEDI.... "Something" tells me that Mr. Wellburn is aging like we are and wanted to see "something even more special than a Z/28" if possible before he was too old to enjoy it like many of us! I, like OldSchool, believe the ZL-1 name will not be a frequent visitor to this planet. Therefore, it IS the car to replace what I lost when I had to sell my car (in pic) due to health issues. No car has ever come close to filling the void til ZL-1.. Thanks GM! Now, to make it happen!

edit: I hope the Z/28 IS released on the Alpha, IS a high strung motor, IS still comfy to drive and NOT a stripped down road racer, and finally, IS NOT going to replace the ZL-1 in either a straight line or curvy derby!
What's carrying over both to the next generation? Or building a factory road-racing version of the current model?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #112
Darkflow

Drives: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Wow - I miss some threads -- and frankly, I may have already posted in this one - (if I did - sorry!)

Let's take a walk, shall we --------------down memory lane.

There was this engine called the LT1 -- and it ruled the street - and THEN there was the LS1 - and how many years did it take Mustang to finally build an engine that could compete?

And THEN there's this thing called the Z06 and another called the ZR1..........

Remember: The Mustang is Ford's Performance car - we have some lethal weapons in the Camaro and Corvette............

So - in terms of GM being out front?

I'd say we've been out-front since - oh - say - 1990 with the ZR1..............

And with all of that said: WE are never finished............
Wow! Congrats on being ahead in the "performance" factor, is that it???