Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 01-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
MOSPORT TRACK DAY "let's go racing boys!!"

Hi guys, I just got the Mosport track days from Apex, I will look after organizing it if you want.

Let's take a look at what days you would be available for, and let me know.
We may be able to get a better deal as a group.

Here is some info that I got from Apex...

http://www.apexdriving.ca/about.html

""We are happy to announce our 2010 season, just in time for holiday gift giving. We will have 12 days at the big Mosport Grand Prix Track and two at the Mosport Driver Development Track. And the best part of our 2010 season is an actual price decrease: the $399 price will include all taxes for the GP track, and the lowered cost of $325 at the DDC will also include all taxes. This will save you even more after July when the HST takes a bigger bite out of your wallet - except at Apex, where we will pay the taxes for you.

At Apex your safety is our biggest concern, we will have a minimum of five marshals at every Mosport GP event. Our staff of pro instructors will help and guide you to your driving goals, and all safety rules will be strictly enforced. For advanced groups our more liberal passing rules will make sure that the maximum driving fun will come your way.

We will again provide our "Chef Gerry's Surprise" lunches and refreshments throughout the day.

These are our track dates for the big track: April 28TH , May 19th, May 26th, June 22nd, July 13th, July 28th, August 9th, August 18th, September 13th, September 29th, October 14th and finally October 26th.""

I know some of the Corvette guys may be interested, invite them if you wish.

PM me if you have any questions
Attached Images

stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
i may have read this wrong but is the $399 for 12 days on the big track and 2 days on the training cource? so for 400$ we get to go to those dates u listed.
also is this one car on the track at a time or several?
Old 01-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
i may have read this wrong but is the $399 for 12 days on the big track and 2 days on the training cource? so for 400$ we get to go to those dates u listed.
also is this one car on the track at a time or several?
From the Apex website:

Multiple booking price

5 events $375 each
- 10 events $350 each
- 15 or more events $325 each
- Plus GST
- Multiple booking discount pricing must be paid in full at time of booking
Cost $899.00 plus gst

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 01-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
stratman2SSRS

It is $399 per day, and we will probably get a better deal as a group.
We need to figure out who wants to go, and what date is best for all of us.
Please post what date would be best for you.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Only 2 dates on the DDT? Being new to this I want to start there (plus I know the GP track at mostport is a top rated and tricky track). I seriously think that we should contact them and see how many cars we'd need for a Camaro dedicated day (ok, some of the corvette friends can attend - but still it's a group of us that know each other).

The dates listed are on the big track. What about the DDT track dates? Or a private group date? I should be able to make most any date if we plan this far in advance. Preference would be to avoid early or late season (cooler temps) and I'd recommend avoiding weekends in mid to end June. Can't say why right now, but believe me, there is a very good reason!

Common guys - I know this seems like a long ways off. But we need to get off our collective butts NOW and commit to something. If we could get a dedicated date on the DDT with say 15-20 of us that would be great. But it would likely require that we pony up some deposits to show our commitment.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
stratman2SSRS

The Driver Development Track day is great to get familiar with your car and what it can do. You will be suprised at how much you actually learn about driving.
The first half of the day consists of in class training, and skid pad driving.
You will learn what to do when cornering, braking, and accellerating.
On the skid pad they get you to experience understeer, and oversteer, and how to correct it if you experience it on the track.
You will also feel what happens when the active handelling comes on. I thought I was running out of gas a few times last year, but it was the car stoping me from giving it too much gas and going out of controll!!

From Apex:
For the Driver Development Track we have dates of June 9th, and October 3rd. We expect these to sell out so please book early. Both these days will have skidpad and driving exercises as well as lapping. They are an ideal day for people new to the track to get acquainted with car control concepts.
The Driver Development Course is shorter but no less challenging. It is used by the Bridgestone F2000 School. The course was built to be a teaching facility. It is a technical track, easy to learn quickly but harder to master totally. It has multiple configurations to keep the challenges coming. And best of all, there are hills and one turn even seems to be a mini version of turn two at the big track. All run-offs are flat and grassy.
Safety is our primary concern. This year we will again have our expert staff of driving coaches available to help you get comfortable with these tracks. All passing will be controlled. These are long tracks; traffic should never be an issue. On the Grand Prix track we will be using Mosport Marshalling services to be your eyes around the corners.
We will limit our events to 30 cars running in three groups of ten, to maximize your tracktime.
Some of our days will be restricted to Porsche automobiles; other days are open to all makes of cars. Please reserve early as we expect these Mosport days to fill up quickly. And this year we offer another first, a discount system for those clients who come and enjoy more than one event with us. As usual the cost of the day includes lunch and refreshments.

I would say lets try for the June 9th day, as we can make arrangements for the big track later?? What do you think?

I am going to ask about a Camaro only day to see what kind of numbers we will need.

Let's see some replys here so I can get an idea of how many of us are interested?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
I'm good for June 9.
Put me down.
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:21 AM   #8
CanadianCamaro

I like your idea of doing the DDT and then the big track later in the season. But here's the problem I have with the June 9 date. That's the Wed before the weekend of the Camaro Nationals. I intend to have my car judged this year, which means I'll be spending considerable time detailing it beforehand. I'm not going to tell you guys what all I'm doing, afterall some on here are likely going to be my competition . But suffice to say that my car will be off the road for the week leading up to the Nationals.
There is also something else potentially happening in connection with the nationals weekend that I don't want to miss - and trust me, you guys won't want to miss it either. (No details right now). So.... I would still like to encourage the idea of contacting Apex and seeing if they would be willing to do another DDT date - maybe at the end of June or early July - maybe all Camaros (how cool would that be?). At least to see if this is even a possibility. If it's a no-go, then that's fine, proceed with the June 9th date.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
stratman2SSRS

Come on guys, lets have some fun sliding your cars in the corners!
It will be a controlled slide.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
There is also something else potentially happening in connection with the nationals weekend that I don't want to miss - and trust me, you guys won't want to miss it either. (No details right now). So.... I would still like to encourage the idea of contacting Apex and seeing if they would be willing to do another DDT date - maybe at the end of June or early July - maybe all Camaros (how cool would that be?). At least to see if this is even a possibility. If it's a no-go, then that's fine, proceed with the June 9th date.
The boys and I will be there for the other reason not mentioned and I'm sure when the details are out they will all be there too....
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #11
stratman2SSRS

Ok guys, I am going to look into getting another date because of the Camaro Nationals.
I would like to get some solid numbers before asking for an all Camaro day.
Instead of starting another thread, lets keep this one going.
Also post if you would be interested in going on the big track, or the DDT.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
CanadianCamaro

I'm thinking I'd prefer to start on the DDT. But if we had a dedicated date for us, their would be fewer "pros" out there with us so maybe the big track.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #13
stratman2SSRS

BUMP, I thought there would be more interest???
Mabe when the snow melts?
Old 01-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #14
CanadianCamaro

What snow..... I think everyone is in hibernation right now